Boudewijn

(Way Too) Early RB Rankings 2019

Kudos to those taking the time to make their own rankings. Don't have to agree with them, but props for the effort.

Rest of Season Standard RB Rankings

1. Alvin Kamara

2. Christian McCaffery

3. Ezekial Elliot

4. Saquon Barkley

5. Dalvin Cook

6. David Johnson

7. James Conner

8. LeVeon Bell

9. Nick Chubb

10. Joe Mixon

11. Todd Gurley

12. Leonard Fournette

13. Josh Jacobs

14. Chris Carson

15. Derrick Henry

16. Marlon Mack

17. Sony Michel

18. Mark Ingram

19. Kerryon Johnson

20. Aaron Jones

21. Devonta Freeman

22. Austin Ekeler

23. Miles Sanders

24. David Montgomery

25.Damien Williams

3 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

1. Alvin Kamara

2. Christian McCaffery

3. Ezekial Elliot

4. Saquon Barkley

5. Dalvin Cook

6. David Johnson

7. James Conner

8. LeVeon Bell

9. Nick Chubb

10. Joe Mixon

11. Todd Gurley

12. Leonard Fournette

13. Josh Jacobs

14. Chris Carson

15. Derrick Henry

16. Marlon Mack

17. Sony Michel

18. Mark Ingram

19. Kerryon Johnson

20. Aaron Jones

21. Devonta Freeman

22. Austin Ekeler

23. Miles Sanders

24. David Montgomery

25.Damien Williams

If you're playing standard, I don't see any way how Mack ins't top 10. I'd rather have him than Mixon

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

If you're playing standard, I don't see any way how Mack ins't top 10. I'd rather have him than Mixon

He looked great but I still don't trust that offense with Brissett plus the Chargers were the 31st ranked run defense last year and they lost Derwin James.  I'm optimistic but still trying to be a little conservative with him.

Don't see how you can have him above Mixon.  The worry with Mixon was the offense and the offense looked good on Sunday.  Plus Mixon was getting huge usage numbers before he went down.

8 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

He looked great but I still don't trust that offense with Brissett plus the Chargers were the 31st ranked run defense last year and they lost Derwin James.  I'm optimistic but still trying to be a little conservative with him.

Don't see how you can have him above Mixon.  The worry with Mixon was the offense and the offense looked good on Sunday.  Plus Mixon was getting huge usage numbers before he went down.

Not sure how you saw Mixon's 1.7 points in 8 touches and was like I feel great about Mixon. The biggest knock agianst Mack was whether or not he would be taken out whn the Colts were down and the answer is no. Even down 2 scores, it was all Mack. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

Not sure how you saw Mixon's 1.7 points in 8 touches and was like I feel great about Mixon. The biggest knock agianst Mack was whether or not he would be taken out whn the Colts were down and the answer is no. Even down 2 scores, it was all Mack. 

So I guess Seattle D isn’t good??

They just added J.Clowney.

Mixon will step it up when Healthy and gets more acclimated into this offense 

58 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

1. Alvin Kamara

2. Christian McCaffery

3. Ezekial Elliot

4. Saquon Barkley

5. Dalvin Cook

6. David Johnson

7. James Conner

8. LeVeon Bell

9. Nick Chubb

10. Joe Mixon

11. Todd Gurley

12. Leonard Fournette

13. Josh Jacobs

14. Chris Carson

15. Derrick Henry

16. Marlon Mack

17. Sony Michel

18. Mark Ingram

19. Kerryon Johnson

20. Aaron Jones

21. Devonta Freeman

22. Austin Ekeler

23. Miles Sanders

24. David Montgomery

25.Damien Williams

Ekeler only 22??? A lot of run for him and redzone...

1 hour ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

Idk I would feel pretty great about the starting RB that played 75% of the snaps on a team that just put up 450 yards

Edited by Novaray

Massive overreaction.

1 hour ago, Forestbull said:

Gurley(with his limited play), Mixon, Jacobs, Fournette, and Henry should all be behind Mack in Standard scoring

Feels very reactionary to me.  Mack looked great but it’s one game against a very poor run D. Henry I can see but not Gurley, Mixon, or Jacobs yet.

59 minutes ago, Tomy said:

Ekeler only 22??? A lot of run for him and redzone...

There is still the risk that Gordon returns

1 hour ago, Forestbull said:

Gurley(with his limited play), Mixon, Jacobs, Fournette, and Henry should all be behind Mack in Standard scoring

FYI Mack received zero targets that game

My rankings are almost identical to what they were because one week doesn’t mean s---. 

1 hour ago, Chwf3rd said:

FYI Mack received zero targets that game

So? He said standard league.

1 hour ago, miasma16 said:

Massive overreaction.

Overreaction how? The biggest knock against Mack was proven to be not a big deal

12 minutes ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

Overreaction how? The biggest knock against Mack was proven to be not a big deal

You dropping Mixon below Mack based off of one game is pretty ridiculous. Mixon is about a billion times more talented, more of a threat to catch passes, and the game scripts won't be too dissimilar. Colts aren't some contender, and the Bengals offense looks much better than expected. I'd flip Mack for Mixon in a heartbeat.

I'd flip Conner for Mack without thinking so... I'd definitely trade you Mixon for him. His O-Line is no joke and I heavily disagree that Mixon is "A BILLION times more talented".

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

1. Targets still matter in standard leagues just not as much

2. The knocks against Mack were: (1) 3rd down usage; and (2) offense.  The lack of passing game usage still raises a question about how vulnerable he is to game flow.  The offense looked decent on Sunday but I’m still not ready to say that that concern is settled.

2 hours ago, Chwf3rd said:

Feels very reactionary to me.  Mack looked great but it’s one game against a very poor run D. Henry I can see but not Gurley, Mixon, or Jacobs yet.

The Chargers have a very poor run D?  I'll be honest I haven't looked into how the defensive front looks this year, but last year they allowed the 10th fewest rushing yards per game.  That doesn't seem like a very poor run D to me.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chwf3rd said:

Jacobs has only one game to go on and he had less than half of the rushing yards as Mack.

Mack has dominated against great rush defenses in the past.

The only bad thing is he used to get game scripted out. This offseason the staff said they wanted him as an every down back and they had him in there when they were in a negative game script.

I dont understand how you can rank Jacobs over him. 

Gurley is obviously a better talent but it seems they are gonna limit him and be in a timeshare with Brown. The worst part is Brown got all the goal lines carries.

Fournette has been trending in the wrong direction. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

You dropping Mixon below Mack based off of one game is pretty ridiculous. Mixon is about a billion times more talented, more of a threat to catch passes, and the game scripts won't be too dissimilar. Colts aren't some contender, and the Bengals offense looks much better than expected. I'd flip Mack for Mixon in a heartbeat.

The Colts offensive line is a billion times better than the Bengals.

I have both on my main team and I feel much better about Mack

• Thanks 1

Just now, Forestbull said:

The Colts offensive line is a billion times better than the Bengals.

We all knew that in the preseason. There's a reason Mixon was a 2nd rounder in our drafts and Mack, well, wasn't.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, miasma16 said:

We all knew that in the preseason. There's a reason Mixon was a 2nd rounder in our drafts and Mack, well, wasn't.

How's that working out so far?

16 minutes ago, bob123dude said:

The Chargers have a very poor run D?  I'll be honest I haven't looked into how the defensive front looks this year, but last year they allowed the 10th fewest rushing yards per game.  That doesn't seem like a very poor run D to me.

Youre right.  I must have looked at preseason team stats by accident.

• Like 1

Things can change quickly Mixon is already banged up so well have to see.. that being said I wouldn't get carried away with Mack either but the fact he is running behind an amazing offensive line in addition to being on a good defensive team helps. So obviously they are trending in two different directions not sure how you can argue that

Edited by NyZD
  • Thanks 1