Boudewijn

(Way Too) Early RB Rankings 2019

Is there any outside the top 25 RBs that you think will still break out by the end of the year?

40 minutes ago, pbjfb said:

Is there any outside the top 25 RBs that you think will still break out by the end of the year?

Best Chances in no order:

1. Darrell Williams

2. Devin Singletary

3. Tevin Coleman

4. Rashad Penny

5. Ronald Jones

6. Alexander Mattison

7. David Montgomery

8. Miles Sanders

• Thanks 1

On 9/30/2019 at 12:03 PM, Chwf3rd said:

Jones doesn’t have volume and he isn’t efficient.  

I don’t get where the Jones optimism is coming from

🤔

On 10/1/2019 at 3:44 AM, Chwf3rd said:

Best Chances in no order:

1. Darrell Williams

2. Devin Singletary

3. Tevin Coleman

4. Rashad Penny

5. Ronald Jones

6. Alexander Mattison

7. David Montgomery

8. Miles Sanders

Like the list.

I would add, that Darrell Williams, Rashad Penny and Alexander Mattison need an injury to their respektive starter.

For the others a "shift in mentality" of coaching could be enough. A injury to their starter would still help here of corse.

Whatever is more likely though.

... same as it ever was - inasmuch that only one (CMC) of these top 5 would've been a unanimous choice to be in this grouping ... Cook may have gotten some love, and perhaps a bit for Chubb - but, point is, we see this same kinda flux every season, as per adp vs actual production - still a ways to go, but here we are at the halfway point for the magick foosball regular season:

oh, and btw ... CMC is a friggin' beast - astounding average, especially considering he barely hung up double digits in week 2 vs Tampa Bay. 

1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

... same as it ever was - inasmuch that only one (CMC) of these top 5 would've been a unanimous choice to be in this grouping ... Cook may have gotten some love, and perhaps a bit for Chubb - but, point is, we see this same kinda flux every season, as per adp vs actual production - still a ways to go, but here we are at the halfway point for the magick foosball regular season:

oh, and btw ... CMC is a friggin' beast - astounding average, especially considering he barely hung up double digits in week 2 vs Tampa Bay. 

Ekeler and AJ only real surprises. Everywhere I read said Cook was a lock to finish top 5, possibly #1 overall, if he stayed healthy. There was alot of Chubb hype as well (going around 7/8 overall in most drafts)

14 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

Ekeler and AJ only real surprises. Everywhere I read said Cook was a lock to finish top 5, possibly #1 overall, if he stayed healthy. There was alot of Chubb hype as well (going around 7/8 overall in most drafts)

bull chit ... c'mon man - that list is not what anyone expected at all - not. even. close. (except for CMC).

where's Barkley? Kamara? Zeke? or, to a lesser extent, Conner? Bell? Mixon?

of course injuries are baked into this ... that's part of my point - we see it every season - adp never correlates to raw numbers. there's always great flux up top, and surprises on both ends (booms and busts).

are you seriously saying that a list at the halfway point without ANY of the guys i mentioned earlier isn't shocking?

c'mon, man ... just, no. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

bull chit ... c'mon man - that list is not what anyone expected at all - not. even. close. (except for CMC).

of course injuries are baked into this ... that's part of my point - we see it every season - adp never correlates to raw numbers. there's always great flux up top, and surprises on both ends (booms and busts).

are you seriously saying that a list at the halfway point without ANY of the guys i mentioned earlier isn't shocking?

c'mon, man ... just, no. 

the first 3 yes the last 3 no. Alot of people were low on Conner, Bell, and Mixon. Mixon had so many red flags between Dalton, poor OL play, rookie head coach, injury history. Mixon was DND for me. Chubb/Cook had the most hype outside the "top 5" of Saquan, CMC, kamara, Zeke and DJ

1 minute ago, vthokie3 said:

the first 3 yes the last 3 no. Alot of people were low on Conner, Bell, and Mixon. Mixon had so many red flags between Dalton, poor OL play, rookie head coach, injury history. Mixon was DND for me. Chubb/Cook had the most hype outside the "top 5" of Saquan, CMC, kamara, Zeke and DJ

dood, you're missing the point entirely ... so i'll bid you adieu on this one.  

🧙‍♂️

My top 12 preseason ranks were.  Saquon, CMC, Kamara, Zeke, Chubb, Cook, Carson, D Johnson, Gurley, Bell, Conner, Fournette

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Only 2 of my preseason top 5 are in the top 5 although my 6th is in there.  Very surprised to see Ekeler and Jones that high.  Barkley clearly would be in there if not for injury.  Kamara probably would to if not for Brees injury and now his own.  I would've thought Zeke would be doing a little better than he is so far.  Point is you can prepare and draft well, but then crap happens every year that either pleasantly surprised you or doesn't work out to plan.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

c'mon, man ... just, no. 

It's possible to be both shocked and not at the same time here. It's surprising to not see any of Barkley, Zeke, or Kamara in there, but at the same time it's not at all surprising to see Cook or Chubb on that list.

6 minutes ago, JJRules said:

It's possible to be both shocked and not at the same time here. It's surprising to not see any of Barkley, Zeke, or Kamara in there, but at the same time it's not at all surprising to see Cook or Chubb on that list.

... and i allowed in my op that, yes, Cook & Chubb are not exactly eye popping -

3 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Cook may have gotten some love, and perhaps a bit for Chubb - but, point is, we see this same kinda flux every season, as per adp vs actual production - still a ways to go, but here we are at the halfway point for the magick foosball regular season:

it happens every year. 

every damn year. 

and, yes, as i already said, injuries are baked in, it's part of the gig. 

Standard Rankings ROS

True RB1s

1. CMC - nothing needs to be said

2. DCook - some injury concern is still there but otherwise a league winner

3. SBarkley - offense doesnt matter

4. Zeke - doesnt get you the huge games of the others but incredibly reliable

Solid RB1s

5. NChubb - only concern is Hunt, otherwise could easily be in the above tier

6. AKamara - injury is the only concern

7. LFournette - elite usage but needs more TDs

8. CCarson - doesnt look like Penny is going to eat into his role

Something Is Missing - Low End RB1s

9. AJones - doesnt have the usage of the guys above him

10. MMack - looks like a top level talent this year

11. JJacobs - only thing stopping him is injuries + lack of receiving work

Solid RB2s

12. LBell - schedule lightens up but not sure if the offense will get develop enough

13. JConner - bad offense and usage could decrease with return of Samuels

14. TColeman - poor usage but elite situation will lead to inconsistency

15. MIngram - has to compete with Jackson, Edwards, and Hill

16. DHenry - struggles with game scripts

17. TGurley - doesnt look the same, wheels could, fall off at any time

Unreliable But No Better Options

18. MGordon - hard to think he just lost it after sitting out a few games

19. DJohnson - tier 2 if not for injuries

20. DFreeman - saved by dump offs in garbage time

21. SMichel - wildly inconsistent but still has usage and goalline work in NE's offense

22. JMixon - believe in the talent and workload but probably doesnt happen this year

Flexes/RB2s

23. AEkeler - dont trust him in standard rest of season when he's being used like a 3rd down back

24. DMontgomery - could rise as the season goes along if usage increases

25. PLindsay - the DEN running game has been very solid and he looks like the same player as last year

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Solid list above but I think Aaron Jones needs to be in front of Fournette and Carson at this point. Bell should also be in the low end RB1 tier since he is your ranked 12 too. RB12 is still a RB1 in 12 team leagues (which tends to be the norm).

3 minutes ago, Corey In Da House said:

Solid list above but I think Aaron Jones needs to be in front of Fournette and Carson at this point. Bell should also be in the low end RB1 tier since he is your ranked 12 too. RB12 is still a RB1 in 12 team leagues (which tends to be the norm).

he has been hating on jones all year he just doesn’t want to admit he was wrong 

• Haha 1

Aaron Jones should be in the top tier lol. The guy is an elite football player. Enough said.

Of course when jones has a subpar week and Williams scores more he will be back to say see I told you so.

But that was never argued when Kamara and Ingram were both putting up rb1 numbers.

If you’ve watched jones play this year I don’t know how you can’t see he is basically on that Kamara type level with his elusiveness as a runner. He doesn’t need 20-25 carries a game to be a rb1. 

Edited by Nyblazer11235

1 hour ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

Of course when jones has a subpar week and Williams scores more he will be back to say see I told you so.

But that was never argued when Kamara and Ingram were both putting up rb1 numbers.

If you’ve watched jones play this year I don’t know how you can’t see he is basically on that Kamara type level with his elusiveness as a runner. He doesn’t need 20-25 carries a game to be a rb1. 

Most RBs need the high touch count to consistently put up numbers.   Very few players can do what Kamara does.  With Kamara we have a sample size of two full seasons.  

2 hours ago, Chwf3rd said:

Standard Rankings ROS

True RB1s

1. CMC - nothing needs to be said

2. DCook - some injury concern is still there but otherwise a league winner

3. SBarkley - offense doesnt matter

4. Zeke - doesnt get you the huge games of the others but incredibly reliable

Solid RB1s

5. NChubb - only concern is Hunt, otherwise could easily be in the above tier

6. AKamara - injury is the only concern

7. LFournette - elite usage but needs more TDs

8. CCarson - doesnt look like Penny is going to eat into his role

Something Is Missing - Low End RB1s

9. AJones - doesnt have the usage of the guys above him

10. MMack - looks like a top level talent this year

11. JJacobs - only thing stopping him is injuries + lack of receiving work

Solid RB2s

12. LBell - schedule lightens up but not sure if the offense will get develop enough

13. JConner - bad offense and usage could decrease with return of Samuels

14. TColeman - poor usage but elite situation will lead to inconsistency

15. MIngram - has to compete with Jackson, Edwards, and Hill

16. DHenry - struggles with game scripts

17. TGurley - doesnt look the same, wheels could, fall off at any time

Unreliable But No Better Options

18. MGordon - hard to think he just lost it after sitting out a few games

19. DJohnson - tier 2 if not for injuries

20. DFreeman - saved by dump offs in garbage time

21. SMichel - wildly inconsistent but still has usage and goalline work in NE's offense

22. JMixon - believe in the talent and workload but probably doesnt happen this year

Flexes/RB2s

23. AEkeler - dont trust him in standard rest of season when he's being used like a 3rd down back

24. DMontgomery - could rise as the season goes along if usage increases

25. PLindsay - the DEN running game has been very solid and he looks like the same player as last year

I’m not sure I’d rather have anyone that’s in your tier 2 over Jones ROS

• Haha 1

1.) Aaron Jones

2.) A cybernetic organism built in a lab that combines all the best elements of Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, Marshall Faulk, Eric Dickerson, Emmitt Smith and Walter Payton.

3.) Other RBs

Everybody happy now?

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

1.) Aaron Jones

2.) A cybernetic organism built in a lab that combines all the best elements of Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, Marshall Faulk, Eric Dickerson, Emmitt Smith and Walter Payton.

3.) Other RBs

Everybody happy now?

Very accurate list right here.

• Haha 1