021319_gif_snell_flossing.gif

That creeps me out !!!

21 minutes ago, Dalton Gang said:

That creeps me out !!!

He's a left handed pitcher.  

This is April's injury.

Blake Snell fractures toe in bathroom accident, placed on IL

By: Associated Press () Updated: Apr 16, 2019 09:17 PM EDT TAMPA (WFLA) -

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - The Tampa Bay Rays have placed ace left-hander Blake Snell on the 10-day injured list after he broke a toe on his right foot while he was at home Sunday night. The 26-year-old Snell got hurt when he got out of the shower and then attempted to move a large granite item. The reigning AL Cy Young Award winner says it was a "really dumb" move. Snell says "It's like a three-piece set and this pole that comes up like 2 1/2, 3 feet. Went to move it, I lifted it up and it wasn't glued to the pole and the pole came crushing down." Snell is 2-1 with a 2.16 ERA in four starts this season. He is eligible to return on April 24 and thinks he might miss just one start. Tampa Bay also promoted right-hander Emilio Pagan from Triple-A Durham before Tuesday night's game against Baltimore. Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed

https://www.wfla.com/sports/rays/blake-snell-fractures-toe-in-bathroom-accident-placed-on-il/1930725433

Image result for "Blake Snell added to All Star Team"

babip of .357, only stranding 66% of runs. I'm hoping it's just really bad luck. everything else seems fine. FIP is like 3.5 FWIW. 

however he's on the bench until that luck reverses itself. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2ndCitySox said:

babip of .357, only stranding 66% of runs. I'm hoping it's just really bad luck. everything else seems fine. FIP is like 3.5 FWIW. 

however he's on the bench until that luck reverses itself. 

Does that include the 9 or so cy young caliber starts?  Because the real, unrepairable damage has been 4 of the last 5.  Even the one good one was a high .whip.  Those starts have been so bad, and in such a short time that it has to be something else.  Although I agree that he should be benched until he throws something of value, I don’t think it’s luck.  Although he has had bad luck at the worst times to be sure.

20 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

Does that include the 9 or so cy young caliber starts?  Because the real, unrepairable damage has been 4 of the last 5.  Even the one good one was a high .whip.  Those starts have been so bad, and in such a short time that it has to be something else.  Although I agree that he should be benched until he throws something of value, I don’t think it’s luck.  Although he has had bad luck at the worst times to be sure.

it includes the whole season. a snap shot of the last 5 would be nice though. it feels like a 1.000 BABIP and 0% strand rate in those games. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, Orioles123 said:

Why risk keeping him on your bench all year? Should totally drop him and pick up a streamer!!

Seriously though, Snell needs the all star break to clear his head and/or work on whatever his issue is.

It's a keeper league so I  won't dump him, he might get better but I doubt it

13 hours ago, 2ndCitySox said:

it includes the whole season. a snap shot of the last 5 would be nice though. it feels like a 1.000 BABIP and 0% strand rate in those games. 

You can actually do that quite easily on fangraphs now. https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=all&stats=pit&lg=all&qual=0&type=8&season=2019&month=1000&season1=2019&ind=0&team=0&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=13543&startdate=2019-06-01&enddate=2019-06-26  

In his five June starts he has a BABIP of .482 and a LOB of 47.6%. He's also killing himself with a 6.23 BB/9 in that frame, as well as a 2.42 WHIP and 4.97 FIP, but still, at least some of it has been bad luck.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

So who's got the balls to start him today?

I am and I pray he turns back into CY Snell today. The past is the past just dominate today and we good.

47 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

So who's got the balls to start him today?

I'm starting him. At this point I'm just gonna go down with the ship if I have to. Starting pitching has been so uneven this season that I can't afford to lose a gem from a guy who was supposed to be a stud. 

I agree, Its better to risk get shelled again starting him than to sit him and he goes 8 innings of shutout ball with 14 ks and a win on your bench. Plus if your era and whip need fixing like most teams do you got to use guys like this to fix it. 

6 minutes ago, Trexpenniebaker said:

I agree, Its better to risk get shelled again starting him than to sit him and he goes 8 innings of shutout ball with 14 ks and a win on your bench. Plus if your era and whip need fixing like most teams do you got to use guys like this to fix it. 

This guy is the reason my era and whip need fixing.  

• Haha 1

Snell is someone you sit until he proves he can pitch again. so he gets shelled now consistently but your motto is "this could have been a gem"

19 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

This guy is the reason my era and whip need fixing.  

You must not own Tanaka, Mustgroove, Paxton,Darvish Porcello Bauer Nola Flaherty any other number of SP that's got shellacked in June.

16 minutes ago, mlb2019 said:

Snell is someone you sit until he proves he can pitch again. so he gets shelled now consistently but your motto is "this could have been a gem"

Then you may as well drop him.

For arguments sake let's say he pitches a gem today and you benched him but based off of today's gem you start him next time out and he gets shelled, what do you do then? I mean you probably drafted this guy pretty high, when you start playing the start or sit game with these type of players that's how you get most of their bad stats. 

I'm starting him because I still believe in him and I also believe that by season's end his numbers will be fine. That said I mainly play in roto leagues, people who are playing in H2H has a different decision to make based on their current matchup. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Fantasy Baseball Geek said:

Then you may as well drop him.

For arguments sake let's say he pitches a gem today and you benched him but based off of today's gem you start him next time out and he gets shelled, what do you do then? I mean you probably drafted this guy pretty high, when you start playing the start or sit game with these type of players that's how you get most of their bad stats. 

I'm starting him because I still believe in him and I also believe that by season's end his numbers will be fine. That said I mainly play in roto leagues, people who are playing in H2H has a different decision to make based on their current matchup. 

Although you make a lot of good points, and everything makes sense, i disagree that he’s a must start.  Nor should you drop him because you’re not starting him.  Snell, for all intents and purposes is a start all the time guy.  But this streak is so bad, so systematically awful, that I’m holding and sitting. If he throws a gem, great, fantastic, I’ll come back here and read all of the “see? Should have started him” posts and I’ll be ecstatic because it means I can use him from now on.  (I might still sit against Yankees regardless)   But I won’t be making any “see? Should have sat him” posts if he gets shelled,because I understand both sides.  Sit or start, all snell owners should be happy with a gem, and no one should be happy about a shelling regardless of the decision they made.  If it’s a minor mechanical thing, tipping pitches, or some stupid fortnite thing we all have a lot to look forward to.  If he’s hiding some injury, or has some mental issues and gets shelled yet again, it’s a different story.  Either way, good luck today Blake.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Trexpenniebaker said:

You must not own Tanaka, Mustgroove, Paxton,Darvish Porcello Bauer Nola Flaherty any other number of SP that's got shellacked in June.

Lol, I actually don’t own a single one of those. But full disclosure, I’ve had a 7 from pivetta, an 8 from folty, and a 7 from clevinger all within what seems like a week or so.  In addition to whatever snells been doing.  But dammit, he’s supposed to be the guy lowering the ratios, not setting an example for the rest em on how to make it worse.

2 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

Although you make a lot of good points, and everything makes sense, i disagree that he’s a must start.  Nor should you drop him because you’re not starting him.  Snell, for all intents and purposes is a start all the time guy.  But this streak is so bad, so systematically awful, that I’m holding and sitting. If he throws a gem, great, fantastic, I’ll come back here and read all of the “see? Should have started him” posts and I’ll be ecstatic because it means I can use him from now on.  (I might still sit against Yankees regardless)   But I won’t be making any “see? Should have sat him” posts if he gets shelled,because I understand both sides.  Sit or start, all snell owners should be happy with a gem, and no one should be happy about a shelling regardless of the decision they made.  If it’s a minor mechanical thing, tipping pitches, or some stupid fortnite thing we all have a lot to look forward to.  If he’s hiding some injury, or has some mental issues and gets shelled yet again, it’s a different story.  Either way, good luck today Blake.

I hear you, you won't be seeing those types of posts from me. I'm wrong about these things just as much as I'm right. I don't have a problem with the 'wait it out' approach either. Maybe I overreacted a bit because I can already see some guys sitting him for a few starts where Snell does good then right when they start him he gets shelled and they come here calling him a bum. 

My philosophy in roto is as long as the numbers are pretty good at the end of the season I'll take the bad and the good. It's how I handle the weaker part of my roster that will determine if I win the league. But I also get that everyone operates differently. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

Lol, I actually don’t own a single one of those. But full disclosure, I’ve had a 7 from pivetta, an 8 from folty, and a 7 from clevinger all within what seems like a week or so.  In addition to whatever snells been doing.  But dammit, he’s supposed to be the guy lowering the ratios, not setting an example for the rest em on how to make it worse.

with more runs being score now pitchers are going to get shelled more.

Edited by mlb2019
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fantasy Baseball Geek said:

I hear you, you won't be seeing those types of posts from me. I'm wrong about these things just as much as I'm right. I don't have a problem with the 'wait it out' approach either. Maybe I overreacted a bit because I can already see some guys sitting him for a few starts where Snell does good then right when they start him he gets shelled and they come here calling him a bum. 

My philosophy in roto is as long as the numbers are pretty good at the end of the season I'll take the bad and the good. It's how I handle the weaker part of my roster that will determine if I win the league. But I also get that everyone operates differently. 

Man, I’m just hoping he isn’t a weaker part of my roster,lol. And for the record, I might come back and make a whiny “what the hell is wrong with this guy?” Post.

• Haha 1

I laughed at JRam owners..but now I know how they feel. Gotta hope he bounces back or go down with the ship IMO.