PizzaBeerFF

Superbowl LIII: Patriots v Rams

15 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Gilmore will shut down Woods. Cooks will be man covered and jammed at the line with help with over the top coverage so no big p!ays.  Watkins will pull his hammy on the first series....Van Noy will contain Gurley and Fat CJ. Goff will implode after being attacked like Mighty Mahomes was runnning for his life with the Exotic blitz packages Belichick came up with.

Easy win.

Well Watkins in on the Chiefs.  I was wondering which Forum user was actually Steven A. Smith, now we know.

Otherwise, excellent analysis.  The word in italics is employed sarcastically.

21 hours ago, ThreadKiller said:

Are you a Rams fan?

I am always a fan of the team who is playing against New England.  So, today, I am a Ram's fan.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, BMcP said:

OTOH, the Rams secondary has fared far better against quick-release QBs than regular-release QBs this season, due mainly to their CBs’ propensity for abandoning their coverage responsibilities to squeeze passing lanes just after the snap: they rank 7th in Passer Rating against a quick release vs. 29th.

If BB has the Rams defensive signals, it may be less useful than usual because Marcus Peters often does his own thing out there.

• Like 1

Pat's 31 Rams 27

Sony deserves MVP but TB gets it.

1 hour ago, Gandalfthecat said:

The Pats first blowout super bowl win. 

Incoming.

I'd be surprised tbh. Rams will be able to score.

12 hours ago, BMcP said:

"There’s been a ton of discussion about this potential weakness, but I think it should be noted that the Rams rushed to the line and snapped the ball within five seconds of the refs’ spotting the ball well over three times more frequently than any other team this season. I feel like this element might be somewhat overblown at this point. Even the ever-present threat of the quick snap makes defenses less inclined to disguise coverages, even if it turns out to be a regular snap. Their EPA/snap is an amazing .31 on quick snaps vs. a still-good .12 on regular snaps."

That the Rams could get set & run their play prior to their communique being cut is something I suggested in my response to Shark. Math can be fuzzy, that the Rams may snap the ball shortly after it's spotted three times more often than any other team, means little if any given team only does this two or three times a game. Hard to know for sure whether it's overblown.

"Arizona head coach Bruce Arians hardly called the practice unique on Wednesday. “Yeah, it’s not the first time it’s been done, that’s for sure,” Arians said. “When you have a young quarterback in a new system it helps tremendously. You wish you could talk to him all the way to five seconds, but when they cut it off at 16, it’s hard. But no, that’s a great tool.” ... McVay said he often uses the system to give Goff direction after the quarterback has called the play in the huddle. ... “Just like you have to give him a huddle call, when we get up to the line of scrimmage, you still have to give him a direction of, in terms of what are we looking to do right here? Run or pass and then what are the menu of plays that we’re operating on with those potential options that we have at our disposal. ... McVay said that his use of the communication system with the Rams is similar to how it was used when he was the offensive coordinator for Washington with quarterbacks Kirk Cousins and Colt McCoy. “We’ve got different phases of our offense,” McVay said. “We operate in the huddle, at the line of scrimmage. We’ve got a lot of smart players and we change up our tempos throughout the course of the game."

https://www.vcstar.com/story/sports/nfl/rams/2017/12/01/rams-head-coach-mcvays-qb-communication-becomes-talking-point/914772001/

So accordingly, it is a big deal, at least with respect to being in the right play when the mic cuts out! However, parts of the quote seemingly refute by explaining further what was sourced previously. Here, when the Rams do forego huddling, there may be a menu of plays, albeit limited, that can be run with just an audible. But this is definitely a part of the game I'll be paying closer attention to. Whether they huddle, whether there's a shift after their initial formation, whether they run their plays before the mic cuts out & what happens on the plays they snap the ball late.... I don't know, to me it reads like a coach who has little to no confidence in his QB's ability to run the offense.  

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, hoppychokes said:

Any other prop bettors? I always throw a bunch of dart throws but I really like these ones this year.

First pass by goff incomplete +170
Yes two point conversion attempt +145
Gostkowski missed xp +700
CJA td +230
Edelman last td 10/1
Hekker attempts pass +400

Tom Brady over 0.5 INTs: -125 (draftkings)

Bill Belichick to Retire by the end of day 2/04: +2500 (draftkings)

Rams to win coin toss and game: +310 (draftkings)

MVP "The Field" vs Tom Brady: -155 (fanduel)

Buffalo Bills to win Superbowl 54: +15000 (fanduel)

I'll probably make a few more before the game starts.
  • Like 1

Wait... does that bet line about Belichick retiring mean you win a lot of money if he doesn't retire tomorrow afternoon?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, devaster said:

Wait... does that bet line about Belichick retiring mean you win a lot of money if he doesn't retire tomorrow afternoon?

Funny, but what do we know about Belichick's contract?

Plus that is a fun prop bet for me.  :lol:

Edited by Iron-cock

26 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

I don't have any of these at my book, I really like Belichick one (or if they had a Brady).

I am torn between Peters or Talib catching an int, both have +500

40 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

Do you love Tom Brady? 

18 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

Funny, but what do we know about Belichick's contract?

Plus that is a fun prop bet for me.  :lol:

I'm just asking because I am always confused about the +/-.

Just now, devaster said:

I'm just asking because I am always confused about the +/-.

+ is how much you get if you bet $100, - is how much you need to bet to get $100.

+500, you win $500 with a $100 bet. -500, you need to bet $500 to win $100.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, hoppychokes said:

I don't have any of these at my book, I really like Belichick one (or if they had a Brady).

I am torn between Peters or Talib catching an int, both have +500

On Draftkings Brady to retire is +1600, Gronk is +450.

Peters and Talib on DK are +450 to get an int.

1 minute ago, Iron-cock said:

On Draftkings Brady to retire is +1600, Gronk is +450.

Peters and Talib on DK are +450 to get an int.

I would definitely throw $20 at Gronk with those odds. 

Yeah that Gronk one is juicy. I'm convinced he retires regardless of whether the Patriots win or not. He looked like he was done this season. Guess it depends on the date though.

47 minutes ago, devaster said:

+1. What's the fine print on this thing? What's the time limit? 

59 minutes ago, devaster said:

No. He wins 25 to 1 if Belichik does retire tomorrow. It is a long shot bet that he does retire thus it pays big. If he bets $100 he wins $2500

Edited by elroypedro

31 minutes ago, hoppychokes said:

I would definitely throw $20 at Gronk with those odds. 

27 minutes ago, devaster said:

Yeah that Gronk one is juicy. I'm convinced he retires regardless of whether the Patriots win or not. He looked like he was done this season. Guess it depends on the date though.

It actually feels a bit like a trap, like the odds on it are too good considering how much we've heard about Gronk possibly retiring.

The fine print is he has to retire by the end of the day on 2/04.  So if he waits until free agency or until after the Pats cut him, you don't win the bet.

Absolutely perfect weather in mass right now. At party all the kids are outside playing...

Cheers boys! 🍻 🍻🍻

Pats ML large 

Brady over 37.5 pass attempts large

Gronk first TD +1000

Gronk over 49.5 yds receiving large

Gurley over 3.5 rec

Pats win by exactly 11 pts +600

Bad game = Hope the kids like pork n beans this week

5 minutes ago, BigBenTheSteelerMan said:

Just talk about football. Forget about this stupid social justice crap. f--- i had to turn off the TV 

Not watching anything right now what were they talking about?

7 minutes ago, malta69 said:

Pats ML large 

Brady over 37.5 pass attempts large

Gronk first TD +1000

Gronk over 49.5 yds receiving large

Gurley over 3.5 rec

Pats win by exactly 11 pts +600

Bad game = Hope the kids like pork n beans this week

That seems like a great bet. I know he hasn't done anything TD wise but he's still Gronk.