Sign in to follow this  
dontclapGonorrhea

Michael Thomas 2019 Outlook

14 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

The guys season long stats looked impressive, but man, his play was very streaky, I don't think he should be the highest paid.

Don't correlate FF with real life.  He changes what the defense has to do which in turn allows the Saints to do what they want to do.

Maybe the best at dealing with press coverage.  Great hands, great route runner.   Highest WR catch rate. He's certainly in the discussion of best (at least most valuable).

Edited by K197040
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

Statistically, the guy deserves every penny of it. However, from a team and cap perspective, it's a tough call. I think the Saints had no choice. It's just a matter of timing. They were kind of forced into making a deal like this.

However, with the NFL CBA still in-flux, we fully wont know the future ramifications of this deal, but if Brees retires in a year or two, you are essentially building your team around a slot/possession receiver. I could definitely see a scenario where he is still in his prime and gets traded away at some point in this contract. Thoughts?

Edited by nonstopfan
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, nonstopfan said:

Statistically, the guy deserves every penny of it. However, from a team and cap perspective, it's a tough call. With the NFL CBA still in-flux, we fully wont know the future ramifications of this deal, but if Brees retires in a year or two, you are essentially building your team around a slot/possession receiver. I could definitely see a scenario where he is still in his prime and gets traded away at some point in this contract. Thoughts?

remember what happened in the NBA when the cap increased.

Paying 12m/y to a roleplayer was insane and after the increasement it was a nice deal.

• Like 2

Bird's eye view: Brees is 40 and this team is going to go through Kamara. Murray will help with the load once leads are established. Receiving options outside of Thomas are very iffy with old man Ginn (34), inexperienced Tre'Quan, the "vet" Rishard Matthews, and Jared Cook. Kirkwood is worth mentioning as well.

Based on the makeup of this offense, I have to think you should expect a repeat of last season from Thomas as far as end of season #s. Hopefully it's a lot more balanced week-to-week this time around.

As stated above, this is about timing. Brees is nearing the end of his career and Thomas is a key part of any last SB run they want to make. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, bomont said:

As stated above, this is about timing. Brees is nearing the end of his career and Thomas is a key part of any last SB run they want to make. 

Exactly.  Their Super Bowl window is extremely narrow.  You have a first ballot HOFer on the back 9 of his career, a top 3 talent at RB, and one of the best WRs in the game.  If you're going to make a run, it needs to be now.  Good teams don't actively look to make themselves worse.  Now if Amari Cooper was holding out and he was still playing for the Oakland Raiders?  No way that the Raiders would have caved. 

2 hours ago, The G Man said:

I just hope he will still be motivated to play at a very high level now that he's been paid. 

From everything I've read about this guy I think motivation is the last thing you need to worry about. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, yossarian said:

From everything I've read about this guy I think motivation is the last thing you need to worry about. 

Yeah, I think so too. 

To Washington for Trent Williamson.

SF, SEA, JAX for some picks

Please wait until my drafts are done. I'm at end of the first in both.

Edited by this guy right here

10 minutes ago, TrillaTrilla said:

fake account my dude

Digging into the other posts...yeah looks fake.  I swore I saw an Adam Schefter official post that the Saints were close to a blockbuster deal...now I can't find it.  

1 hour ago, this guy right here said:

To Washington for Trent Williamson.

SF, SEA, JAX for some picks

Please wait until my drafts are done. I'm at end of the first in both.

Him coming to Seattle is cool but I also don’t want to be coming at work. 

59 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Digging into the other posts...yeah looks fake.  I swore I saw an Adam Schefter official post that the Saints were close to a blockbuster deal...now I can't find it.  

It is fake. Just makes no sense for them to trade him. Maybe in a year or two but now it would be dumb.