Sign in to follow this  
dontclapGonorrhea

Michael Thomas 2019 Outlook

4 hours ago, Dislimb said:

Losing Brees definitely drops Thomas down in the rankings a notch or two. However, I think this situation will have a much worse negative impact on Kamara.

I kind of disagree here. Kamara, CMC and Barkley all fit the same mold where they can score from anywhere on the field. If anything, you can expect Kamara's check down's to increase even more where he will have a chance to work on that YAC. So he'll make up whatever he may lose (which I don't think will be much) in the rushing department with passes and receiving yards.

Thomas worries me. He's not as explosive down the field as other Elite WR's like Adams, Julio, Hopkins, OBJ, and Hill. I think that he can be bottled up more just because of the types of routes that he runs.

Edited by nonstopfan
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

I kind of disagree here. Kamara, CMC and Barkley all fit the same mold where they can score from anywhere on the field. If anything, you can expect Kamara's check down's to increase even more where he will have a chance to work on that YAC. So he'll make up whatever he may lose (which I don't think will be much) in the rushing department with passes and receiving yards.

Thomas worries me. He's not as explosive down the field as other Elite WR's like Adams, Julio, Hopkins, OBJ, and Hill. I think that he can be bottled up more just because of the types of routes that he runs.

bingo. 

let's also grasp that Bilgewater's "deep" ball is roughly 15 yds 🤣 yeah, that ain't gonna cut it in this scheme. 

you can look down through the entire Brees era with Payton and they've always had that field stretching BOOM bastid who would blow the eff up every so often ... Henderson, Meacham, Stills, Ginn, Tre'Quan, etc

Brees kept defenses honest and feasted underneath because he could launch a bomb to any of that group and burn ya real quick for six - ergo, guys like Colston and Moore and MT and Graham had the benefit of that threat of the top being taken off on any play ... 

Bilgewater possesses no such repertoire- his arsenal is a pop gun, at best - defensive schemes can roll in now and focus more on the intermediates, etc .... Tedward is not capable of striking that long distance fear into any opponent - the field has shrunk a great deal for the Saints WRs - credit to Brees that even at his advanced age he could still get it there with hreat power and accuracy - the backup will not. 

I don't think I can start him this week until we see what this offense looks like in a full game to prepare. Huge bummer.

He did fine with bridge water.    He season will slump, but he is still a start every week.

Edited by Sivaro

8 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

He did fine with bridge water.    He season will slump, but he is still a start every week.

Yeah I think I need to see at least a full game. Going from Brees to Bridgewater is a huge dropoff no matter who the receiver is.

28 minutes ago, n4sa said:

I don't think I can start him this week until we see what this offense looks like in a full game to prepare. Huge bummer.

Im perfectly fine with bridgwater not to sit Mike. He's not gonna have as many reads as brees. Mike will def be a read more often then not

Just now, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Im perfectly fine with bridgwater not to sit Mike. He's not gonna have as many reads as brees. Mike will def be a read more often then not

Yeah I guess it just depends on who you'd be starting over Michael Thomas. Deeper leagues, you're definitely starting Thomas. no question.

1 minute ago, n4sa said:

Yeah I think I need to see at least a full game. Going from Brees to Bridgewater is a huge dropoff no matter who the receiver is.

GL with that, really mean that. My wrs are pretty stacked and still rolling out MT. 

2 minutes ago, n4sa said:

Yeah I guess it just depends on who you'd be starting over Michael Thomas. Deeper leagues, you're definitely starting Thomas. no question.

I got MT,D.Adams,Boyd,Scary Terry, kirk and D. Robinson.  We start 3, PPR. Could start any of my bench guys but no ty

12 teams btw

Edited by Eaglesflyhigh11
T

6 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

I got MT,D.Adams,Boyd,Scary Terry, kirk and D. Robinson.  We start 3, PPR. Could start any of my bench guys but no ty

12 teams btw

Yeah I have the same 3 receivers you have + DJ Moore and Kenny Golladay. I'm going to be starting Golladay and Boyd over Thomas.

Edited by n4sa

1 minute ago, n4sa said:

Yeah I have the same 3 receivers you have + DJ Moore and Kenny Golladay. I'm going to be starting Golladay and Boyd over Thomas.

You give your co-drafters ambien before the draft? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

You give your co-drafters ambien before the draft? 

Lol it's a 10 team auction draft.

1 minute ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

I'd still go MT over Moore. Boyd maybe not. I'm a huge fan of boyd

Yeah I'm not starting Moore, it will be Adams, Golladay, and Boyd.

You guys really benching thomas? I don't own him thinking of buying actually but it would be hard for me to bench him for those guys.

I wouldn't bench Thomas, especially in ppr. the tree is narrow there regardless of QB.

If he has a bad day I'll start him the following week.

34 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

You guys really benching thomas? I don't own him thinking of buying actually but it would be hard for me to bench him for those guys.

Exactly.  Bridgewater targeted Thomas around 10 times.  This after not having reps with the first team, and coming into a game after not playing for a season.  After a week of practice, and in Sean Payton's offense, I believe Bridgewater will look to Thomas often again.  I can't see Payton scheming away from his best players with a new QB.  Also, keep in mind that Bridgewater is no rookie, he's been there before.  I'll start any WR1 receiver in a Sean Payton offense regardless of the QB.  Sure, it's a downgrade.  But he'll probably still get 10+ targets, and will be the first option in the redzone..  That's all I ask.   

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Honestly yes, at least just for this week. I have no problem playing Tyler Boyd or Golladay over Thomas this week. Situation and opportunity trumps talent in fantasy football. I'll take 10 targets from Stafford or Dalton over Bridgewater everytime especially with talented guys like Boyd and Golladay.

Thomas can definitely have a good week, I just feel it's much safer playing those guys over him right now.

Edited by n4sa

I just don't think his stats are going to change all that much.  He's a possession guy.  Teddy B targeted Thomas 11 times for 8 of his 10 receptions.  Maybe it's because i'm in a ppr league, but I'm starting with confidence.  

I am hoping to buy him. I think no matter who is QB there, he'll get and convert many targets. 

24 minutes ago, mikeflavaz said:

I just don't think his stats are going to change all that much.  He's a possession guy.  Teddy B targeted Thomas 11 times for 8 of his 10 receptions.  Maybe it's because i'm in a ppr league, but I'm starting with confidence.  

So I’m thinking of buying. His owner is trying to sell him. Just trying to get an idea of what people are thinking. I don’t think his targets should decrease but I think his red zone chances will. So in full PPR I don’t think he takes a huge hit but in half ppr and standard I think there will be a slight hit. But again idk for sure just what I’ve been thinking.