Sign in to follow this  
dontclapGonorrhea

Michael Thomas 2019 Outlook

I have the luxury of owning Adams, MT, Boyd, and Golladay. I'm thinking I'll bench Thomas for a week because I have quality backups and I want to see what they look like before I trust him. MT has shown a tendency to completely disappear every once in awhile and I wouldn't be surprised if this was one of those games.

On the other hand there's a chance Teddy zeroes completely in on him and doesn't spread it around at all and he goes off on my bench. It's hard to bench him unless your backup WR is of very high quality. 

7 minutes ago, yossarian said:

MT has shown a tendency to completely disappear every once in awhile

It just so happened to coincide with being matched up against great cornerbacks.

5 hours ago, mikeflavaz said:

I just don't think his stats are going to change all that much.  He's a possession guy.  Teddy B targeted Thomas 11 times for 8 of his 10 receptions.  Maybe it's because i'm in a ppr league, but I'm starting with confidence.  

same situation. He is going to get the volume. Maybe his TD decline a bit, but if he gets his 7-10 catches every week, he is still PPR gold.

Also I'm not a fan of benching my first round pick if he is active, always feels bad :(

17 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

So I’m thinking of buying. His owner is trying to sell him. Just trying to get an idea of what people are thinking. I don’t think his targets should decrease but I think his red zone chances will. So in full PPR I don’t think he takes a huge hit but in half ppr and standard I think there will be a slight hit. But again idk for sure just what I’ve been thinking. 

I just bought him for JuJu, Mostert, and Agholor. Brees will be back in 6-7 weeks. Feels great.

I think he'll bounce back this week.  Miami moved the ball pretty good through the air at times the other day.   And I think the CB run defense will force the Saints to throw the ball. 

Also think the Saints won't be playing with such a big lead. 

Thomas is a beast. Teddy hasn’t slowed him down, and he’ll have Brees back soon. Could easily finish season #1 WR. Decent amount of naysayers ITT...

• Like 2

This guy just destroys the Bucs every year.

This guy is as steady as they come.  In a year where the top WRs are not panning out, he has absolutely been rock solid.

15 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

This guy just destroys the Bucs every year.

This guy is as steady as they come.  In a year where the top WRs are not panning out, he has absolutely been rock solid.

16 hours ago, fawkes_mulder said:

Thomas is a beast. Teddy hasn’t slowed him down, and he’ll have Brees back soon. Could easily finish season #1 WR. Decent amount of naysayers ITT...

Then why does this thread only have 5 pages? I love Thomas, but he has not been rock solid all year. He has been okay, not bad, but not worth a first round pick. This week was finally where the ROI started to pay off.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, MSkibisky said:

Then why does this thread only have 5 pages? I love Thomas, but he has not been rock solid all year. He has been okay, not bad, but not worth a first round pick. This week was finally where the ROI started to pay off.

Most “discussion” pages are usually owners panicking due to lack of production.

28 minutes ago, MSkibisky said:

Really?  In PPR format, he's the #2 WR so far this season, and #8 overall.  I think he's been better the "okay".

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, MSkibisky said:

Then you should trade him for AB or Damien W. Their threads have the most pages. 

1 hour ago, MSkibisky said:

What?

Dude was WR6 in PPR coming into this week.

Week 1 - 22.3

Week 2 - 18.9

Week 3 - 16.4

Week 4 - 18.5

This is with a target share of 33% - if that isn't rock solid, than I don't know what to tell you.  Has Hopkins/Adams been worth a 1st round pick so far? Hope you say no because MT has had a better season through 4 weeks.  Julio is about 3 points better than MT through 4 and MT just passed him...

Edited by ludawg23

43 minutes ago, whatisfootball said:

Most “discussion” pages are usually owners panicking due to lack of production.

Also trying to talk that player into existence  / production.  

1 hour ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Also trying to talk that player into existence  / production.  

*See Todd Gurley

Drew Brees clarified Wednesday that he's back to working with a regulation-sized football.

It's great news for Brees' chances of returning sooner rather than later. The future hall of fame QB himself stated, "I’ve graduated to the NFL ball ... I have a really kind of disciplined plan for what I need to do for strength and flexibility and then my throwing and all that stuff. So really starting to get back into it, doing football stuff, and just trying to get back as quick as I can." There appears to be a real chance that Brees returns in Week 8 against the Cardinals.

• Like 1

Do we really want Brees to rush back at this point? MT has been getting fed regardless as Bridgewater only has eyes for MT.  Dude has a whopping 33-34% target share.  If anything, Brees coming back makes guys like Cook/Ginn/Smith relevant again and pushes Kamara back to a high-end RB1 (if he is healthy).

7 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Do we really want Brees to rush back at this point? MT has been getting fed regardless as Bridgewater only has eyes for MT.  Dude has a whopping 33-34% target share.  If anything, Brees coming back makes guys like Cook/Ginn/Smith relevant again and pushes Kamara back to a high-end RB1 (if he is healthy).

Depends.... do i want to have a 30% share of a offense that scores 60 fantasy points or do i want a 20% share of an offense that scores 100 fantasy points?

If the offense would be that much better with a not 100% fit Brees, it is worth it.

with kamara and jared cook ruled out for Sunday, wonder if MT gets even more targets than usual.  Crossing fingers!

Just now, swetooth9 said:

with kamara and jared cook ruled out for Sunday, wonder if MT gets even more targets than usual.  Crossing fingers!

Will probably push 15 targets.  Only issue is the match-up but he will get really good volume.

Love this guy. Always anticipate 25+ point explosions when he hits 100+ yards and 2+TDs in a game. When Brees comes back, order will be restored