Sign in to follow this  
dontclapGonorrhea

Michael Thomas 2019 Outlook

Drew Brees (thumb) plans to resume practicing this week.

Brees has resumed throwing and appears to be in the final stages of his recovery from last month's thumb surgery. The future Hall of Famer "hopes" to return against the Cardinals in Week 8 but wouldn't fully commit, telling ESPN Saints reporter Mike Triplett "we'll see" based on how the week unfolds. The Saints have yet to lose with Teddy Bridgewater under center (5-0) and have a bye scheduled for Week 9. Brees and fellow offensive juggernaut Alvin Kamara (ankle/knee) appear to be eyeing Week 8 returns, though New Orleans may opt to play it safe by keeping both out through the Week 9 bye.

This man is the definition of a beast. Best WR in the NFL in my opinion. Never have I seen a player be so consistently good despite the negative circumstances that have surrounded (Teddy at QB, Kamara getting injured etc) him (no offence to Teddy btw). I feel like people don’t give MT the credit he deserves for just how good he is and names like Julio, Odell, Hop etc. get mentioned over him too often. Adjusting to a new QB mid-season is no simple task and although it may be too early to say he's my pick for fantasy MVP this year.

• Like 1

Just now, Ceco2 said:

This man is the definition of a beast. Best WR in the NFL in my opinion. Never have I seen a player be so consistently good despite the negative circumstances that have surrounded (Teddy at QB, Kamara getting injured etc) him (no offence to Teddy btw). I feel like people don’t give MT the credit he deserves for just how good he is and names like Julio, Odell, Hop etc. get mentioned over him too often. Adjusting to a new QB mid-season is no simple task and although it may be too early to say he's my pick for fantasy MVP this year.

I think Godwin could produce the same way if he was the slot receiver in that offense 

2 minutes ago, babyfaceassasin said:

I think Godwin could produce the same way if he was the slot receiver in that offense 

There is no doubt he is in a very good situation with a top quality head coach but I disagree tbh. Godwin is a beast and I don't mean to take anything away from him but having Evans is a huge boost to his production. In contrast, MT is the only high-end receiver that defences have to gameplan for and yet he still consistently finds ways to get open. Is that because of good play-calling? Maybe. But I've watched him in depth on multiple occasions this year and wouldn't hesitate to say he is the best route runner in the NFL hands down. Once again, not taking anything away from Godwin but I just think MT is on another level. 

3 minutes ago, Ceco2 said:

There is no doubt he is in a very good situation with a top quality head coach but I disagree tbh. Godwin is a beast and I don't mean to take anything away from him but having Evans is a huge boost to his production. In contrast, MT is the only high-end receiver that defences have to gameplan for and yet he still consistently finds ways to get open. Is that because of good play-calling? Maybe. But I've watched him in depth on multiple occasions this year and wouldn't hesitate to say he is the best route runner in the NFL hands down. Once again, not taking anything away from Godwin but I just think MT is on another level. 

Tbh it’s harder to defend slot receivers bc most elite corners cover mostly outside receivers. If you lined up MT on the outside like D Hop or AB was and produces the same way then you can make the case he is the best at receiver in the game. I still think it’s Julio just because he can play inside and outside 

On 10/28/2019 at 12:29 AM, babyfaceassasin said:

Tbh it’s harder to defend slot receivers bc most elite corners cover mostly outside receivers. If you lined up MT on the outside like D Hop or AB was and produces the same way then you can make the case he is the best at receiver in the game. I still think it’s Julio just because he can play inside and outside 

That’s why Atlanta is 1-6(?) and the saints are 7-1. They line up Michael Thomas in a position where he consistently excels. Julio is outside more often then not and with constant pressure in Ryan’s face it’s going to hooper all game long. No offense to hooper. The quality of coach and game plan is night and day however. 

• Like 1

On 10/28/2019 at 12:29 AM, babyfaceassasin said:

Sorry but Michael Thomas is the Best and it's not even close. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

That’s why Atlanta is 1-6(?) and the saints are 7-1. They line up Michael Thomas in a position where he consistently excels. Julio is outside more often then not and with constant pressure in Ryan’s face it’s going to hooper all game long. No offense to hooper. The quality of coach and game plan is night and day however. 

Atlanta being 1-6 has nothing to do with Julio and Saints being 7-1 has more to do with their defense than it does MT. There's definitely an argument to be made for MT as the best. He far and away has been this year statistically at least.

1 minute ago, urbank07 said:

Atlanta being 1-6 has nothing to do with Julio and Saints being 7-1 has more to do with their defense than it does MT. There's definitely an argument to be made for MT as the best. He far and away has been this year statistically at least.

The specific players don’t have anything to do with the record no, it’s more a point of the saints putting their best player in a position to succeed and the falcons aren’t doing that at the moment. No reason at all hooper should lead that team in catches. Saints are scheming Thomas open better than any team right now. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Sorry but Michael Thomas is the Best and it's not even close. 

Sorry but you can’t convince me that a slot receiver is the best receiver in the nfl. There is a reason why ppl don’t consider guys like Julian Edelman/ Wes Welker half of famers even though they have had 100+ catches almost every year in their careers 

1 minute ago, babyfaceassasin said:

Sorry but you can’t convince me that a slot receiver is the best receiver in the nfl. There is a reason why ppl don’t consider guys like Julian Edelman/ Wes Welker half of famers even though they have had 100+ catches almost every year in their careers 

Yikes, this is a pretty rough take. I can’t back this up. Thomas blows away lines that Edelman and welker have posted throughout their careers. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Yikes, this is a pretty rough take. I can’t back this up. Thomas blows away lines that Edelman and welker have posted throughout their careers. 

That was just an example. Why do you think elite corners line up outside? Bc the best receivers are usually lining up outside. The slot position is an easier position for receivers and that’s just facts. Edelman produces the way he does bc he plays in the slot position. I’m just saying Julian Jones is the best bc he can literally line up anywhere and still produce. 

Just now, babyfaceassasin said:

That was just an example. Why do you think elite corners line up outside? Bc the best receivers are usually lining up outside. The slot position is an easier position for receivers and that’s just facts. Edelman produces the way he does bc he plays in the slot position. I’m just saying Julian Jones is the best bc he can literally line up anywhere and still produce. 

I mean I think lining up your #1 WR corner on inferior corners is the best move you can make. Julio is by far the most talented. He’s very game in and game out inconsistent however. Thomas always eats. I’m not saying I think Thomas is the best, I just wouldn’t discredit him just because the saints know how to use their best weapon properly. 

47 minutes ago, babyfaceassasin said:

i'm not happy about it but I think Edelman might be making a case for the HoF just due to consistency and performance in big games. I'm not gonna die on this hill but there's maybe a case there. 

37 minutes ago, babyfaceassasin said:

they also line up outside because they're on more on an island with no help and a bit more isolated from the rest of the field. slot defenders have a bit of help from the LBs and even DLs sometimes as well as there just being more chaos and bodies in the middle of the field. 

25 minutes ago, yossarian said:

i'm not happy about it but I think Edelman might be making a case for the HoF just due to consistency and performance in big games. I'm not gonna die on this hill but there's maybe a case there. 

they also line up outside because they're on more on an island with no help and a bit more isolated from the rest of the field. slot defenders have a bit of help from the LBs and even DLs sometimes as well as there just being more chaos and bodies in the middle of the field. 

He probably should be. 

1 hour ago, Ryansm11 said:

People are forgetting just how much of a PPR stud Welker was in his prime.

For example, Randy Moss played 3 full seasons (2007 - 2009) for the Patriots, one of which included the best single season all-time by a WR (2007). During that 3-year stretch he averaged 18.93 points-per-game in PPR. During that same stretch, Welker averaged 17.50 points-per-game in PPR, a meager delta of 1.43 points per game against one of the greatest stretches from one of the greatest receivers ever.

The guy is on pace for 140+ receptions and 1,700 yards.  Being in a keeper league, I used to worry about what he'll look like when Brees ultimately leaves the game, but seeing what he did with Bridgewater, I'm thinking you can stick Thomas with any NFL QB and he'll crank out 10 receptions for 100 yards.  He's the best wr in the league. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikeflavaz said:

The guy is on pace for 140+ receptions and 1,700 yards.  Being in a keeper league, I used to worry about what he'll look like when Brees ultimately leaves the game, but seeing what he did with Bridgewater, I'm thinking you can stick Thomas with any NFL QB and he'll crank out 10 receptions for 100 yards.  He's the best wr in the league. 

Yup been carrying my team all year, I think he breaks harrisons reception record this year, they need to win every game this year and last weeks loss seals it. 

Schedule Great Too

Bucs- Will probably be a shoot out (God I hope so)

Panthers- 

Atl- Thomas Dominated last time and they will want revenge.

49ers- Tough Matchup

Colts

Titans

3 hours ago, FlashGordon401 said:

Just figures he has his worst week now...

I was hoping he’d only outscore my Lat Murray by 10. By hook or by crook...

29 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Bum. It’s a shame... this guy just doesn’t have it anymore.

Drop city