BrianM

Larry Fitzgerald 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

 

😂😂😂😂😂

 

WR17 coming into this week in .5 ppr and just put up 10 more points. Yes you should definitely drop this wr2 and pick up a different wr2 from the waivers

 

This needs more context. Look at his production outside of his hot start. Basically WR3 / waiver material.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, affliction said:

Low end no upside wr 3 in ppr

 

I thought there was upside, but there's none. Just a high floor safe guy- usable in PPR and 3 WR leagues, but I'm looking for league winners, not random waiver crap performances like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys are hilarious, he's playing with a rookie QB and a new coach and still putting up respectable numbers.

'Take away his hot start and he's basically waiver material'. Ah yes take away his best game and look hes only a wr3, one of the best arguments people have on these forums. If you took away the best game of every receiver he might even be higher than WR17.

DeAndre Hopkins had a big week 1 and hasn't done much since, should I drop him too? Going from the takes in this thread he's waiver wire fodder too lmao

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

You guys are hilarious, he's playing with a rookie QB and a new coach and still putting up respectable numbers.

'Take away his hot start and he's basically waiver material'. Ah yes take away his best game and look hes only a wr3, one of the best arguments people have on these forums. If you took away the best game of every receiver he might even be higher than WR17.

DeAndre Hopkins had a big week 1 and hasn't done much since, should I drop him too? Going from the takes in this thread he's waiver wire fodder too lmao

 

1/4th an NFL season averaging 10 PPG is enough to know that the situation and the upside is capped. Hopkins situation for some reason is capped too, and it's just not his year as of today. IDK if it's performance with him, or game plan, but Hopkins ain't right, and it's costing owners.

We don't have a full calendar year to react- just limited time to make decisions and adjust our lineups. FITZ ain't getting it done in 3 WR leagues and standard / half ppr. He's just "there."

Today was -not- a rookie QB and coach performance. Playing Atlanta at home is by far the BEST matchup they will face all year, and the game script was basically neutral / favorable all game.

Fitz is "fine" but I'm searching for more than fine in my leagues. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

 

1/4th an NFL season averaging 10 PPG is enough to know that the situation and the upside is capped. Hopkins situation for some reason is capped too, and it's just not his year as of today. IDK if it's performance with him, or game plan, but Hopkins ain't right, and it's costing owners.

We don't have a full calendar year to react- just limited time to make decisions and adjust our lineups. FITZ ain't getting it done in 3 WR leagues and standard / half ppr. He's just "there."

Today was -not- a rookie QB and coach performance. Playing Atlanta at home is by far the BEST matchup they will face all year, and the game script was basically neutral / favorable all game.

Fitz is "fine" but I'm searching for more than fine in my leagues. 

 

As you said we're 1/4 of the way through the season. Who are you picking up from waivers right now? 

He 'has no ceiling' but he dropped 8-113-1 in week 1? Is that really no ceiling? You don't need volatile boom or bust players in every position. The 10 points a game that he gives you every single week is very valuable. Idk what more you guys expect from a 7-9th round pick that has blown away pre draft expectations?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, stay_woke said:

 

As you said we're 1/4 of the way through the season. Who are you picking up from waivers right now? 

He 'has no ceiling' but he dropped 8-113-1 in week 1? Is that really no ceiling? You don't need volatile boom or bust players in every position. The 10 points a game that he gives you every single week is very valuable. Idk what more you guys expect from a 7-9th round pick that has blown away pre draft expectations?  

 

The problem here is he's costing me an opportunity cost to pounce on difference makers, or missed the chance to pounce on difference makers. It's an entire tease, and I'm searching for upside, even if he was a late pick. Just saying the roster spot opportunity cost is ther.e 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

 

The problem here is he's costing me an opportunity cost to pounce on difference makers, or missed the chance to pounce on difference makers. It's an entire tease, and I'm searching for upside, even if he was a late pick. Just saying the roster spot opportunity cost is ther.e 

It's not even the opportunity cost at missed players.  This guy should've been a lock this week, against the Falcons ffs.  And Murray actually threw the ball, just to everyone else for the high value targets that is.  I wanna play him next week against the Giants but if he can't get it done vs the worst offense vs WRs then how can you trust him vs the 2nd worst?  Can't even sell him for 10 cents on the dollar at this point either.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if lower end games are to be expected when Kirk is out? Is Kirk taking enough attention to free up Fitz, and without him Fitz is getting more D attention? Or maybe game plans without Kirk are a bit different and spreads the ball more? I’m not sure, but I wonder if Fitz goes off this week, which would disprove my theory. His floor makes him a consistent flex play, his projections are still high like last week. I guess either way he’s a safe play. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having Kirk back I think helps Fitzgerald. There's enough passing and volume attempts that Fitz can still have a good game, and having more weapons improves the offense in general. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2019 at 10:05 PM, PlayTheWaivers said:

 

The problem here is he's costing me an opportunity cost to pounce on difference makers, or missed the chance to pounce on difference makers. It's an entire tease, and I'm searching for upside, even if he was a late pick. Just saying the roster spot opportunity cost is ther.e 

 

Then drop him, problem solved

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2019 at 8:05 PM, PlayTheWaivers said:

 

The problem here is he's costing me an opportunity cost to pounce on difference makers, or missed the chance to pounce on difference makers. It's an entire tease, and I'm searching for upside, even if he was a late pick. Just saying the roster spot opportunity cost is ther.e 

Try to facilitate a 2 for 1 trade to upgrade. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2019 at 7:05 PM, PlayTheWaivers said:

 

The problem here is he's costing me an opportunity cost to pounce on difference makers, or missed the chance to pounce on difference makers. It's an entire tease, and I'm searching for upside, even if he was a late pick. Just saying the roster spot opportunity cost is ther.e 

 

I understand this. Are you in standard or half? I'm in standard with 80 yard bonus. It was going to happen last week if Bryant didn't shank the tying EP!

Hopefully get gets up to 80-100 this game or gets a TD.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aapox said:

 

I understand this. Are you in standard or half? I'm in standard with 80 yard bonus. It was going to happen last week if Bryant didn't shank the tying EP!

Hopefully get gets up to 80-100 this game or gets a TD.

 

Half. Giving him another chance in a good matchup plus bye week hell. Could be a sneaky shootout...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2019 at 8:41 PM, PlayTheWaivers said:

 

This needs more context. Look at his production outside of his hot start. Basically WR3 / waiver material.


look outside of his hot start to fit my argument. You got it bud. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, TheINC said:

this bum needs to retire ASAP. Completely useless piece of garbage.

LOL, 104 total yards in the air for the cards bc edmonds carried their team, yes it is concerning but no way am I dropping him after this game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2019 at 5:02 PM, HarambeLives said:


look outside of his hot start to fit my argument. You got it bud. 


ok. I will continue to do so 

 

On 10/13/2019 at 9:05 PM, PlayTheWaivers said:

 

The problem here is he's costing me an opportunity cost to pounce on difference makers, or missed the chance to pounce on difference makers. It's an entire tease, and I'm searching for upside, even if he was a late pick. Just saying the roster spot opportunity cost is ther.e 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TheINC said:

this bum needs to retire ASAP. Completely useless piece of garbage.

 

Ok, internet guys are losing it now. 

 

Lolol

He wasn't needed in the game guys. Coaches coach for wins not to get a selfless and classy guy like Fitzgerald his numbers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, GoalineD said:

 

Ok, internet guys are losing it now. 

 

Lolol

He wasn't needed in the game guys. Coaches coach for wins not to get a selfless and classy guy like Fitzgerald his numbers. 

And the reason for his pathetic performance last week? And the week before? And the week before that? All with Kirk out as well. He’s pure trash. Can’t wait to cut this useless plug as soon as I can. What a mirage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, TheINC said:

And the reason for his pathetic performance last week? And the week before? And the week before that? All with Kirk out as well. He’s pure trash. Can’t wait to cut this useless plug as soon as I can. What a mirage. 

 

He's 36, got A LOT of miles on him, a undersized rookie QB, with a rookie head coach. His fantasy production outlook was such a wild card before the season.

 

Not sure what anyone truly expected as it was anyone's guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GoalineD said:

 

He's 36, got A LOT of miles on him, a undersized rookie QB, with a rookie head coach. His fantasy production outlook was such a wild card before the season.

 

Not sure what anyone truly expected as it was anyone's guess. 

He was producing when he was seeing double digit targets with Kirk in the lineup, as soon as Kirk went out he's gone into the toilet.  On a passing offense running at the 4th highest pace in the league, and constantly trailing, we all should've been expecting more, especially in the last 2 weeks vs Cin and NYG.  And if it's because he's 36 and can't play, well then he should retire, full stop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.