Sign in to follow this  
Dark Kn19ht

Keep Soto, Acuna, or Vladimir? WHIR

ESPN, H2H Points, 10-Team, 4 Keeper, League

My current 3 keepers are Machado, Arenado, and Trout

I'm not worried about positional needs. Who would you keep out of the other three listed?

Ronald Acuna OF ATL -           2018 Points Scored: 698.8

2019 Projected: 845.8

Juan Soto OF WSH -                2018 Points Scored: 711.5

2019 Projected: 865.8

Vladimir Guerror Jr. 3B TOR - 2018 Points Scored: DNP

2019 Projected: 884

Thank you in advance for the help. I WHIR as much as possible.

That's a tough choice but in order I go:

Vladdy

Acuna

Soto

I think Acuna & Soto could be better this year but long term I think Vladdy is the best player so I take him in the keeper.

I might even consider throwing Arenado back and keeping Acuna & Vlad.

Arenado is a product of Coors in a big way and with him being a pending free agent I think Acuna/Vlad may be your best choices.

Edited by Superdood43
  • Like 1

You have Trout, Machado and Arenado - your in it to win it.  Its a 10-team league, you get 4 keepers so honestly if you say make the wrong move, its not anything that would kill you.  I go with who I think is best in 2019 because you are in a position to win, which to me is a pretty easy choice and that is Acuna. 

• Like 1

Id be reiterating same things as Superdood43, I would highly consider throwing Arenado and Keeping Vladdy and Acuna instead. Vladdy and Acuna are gonna arguably be top 10 players for the next decade. 

• Like 1

@Superdood43 and @Ulls55

I'd considered dropping Arenado. Do you actually do it though? Based on the points that's quite the proven production to give up as a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

2018 Points Scored: 1079.3

2019 Projected: 1074.8

I'd also have a chance at getting Vlad or Soto back at my at my #4 pick. Arenado will be the first pick if I drop him. Not syaing you guys are wrong, just challenging you on if you'd actually do it. 

3 minutes ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

@Superdood43 and @Ulls55

I'd considered dropping Arenado. Do you actually do it though? Based on the points that's quite the proven production to give up as a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

2018 Points Scored: 1079.3

2019 Projected: 1074.8

I'd also have a chance at getting Vlad or Soto back at my at my #4 pick. Arenado will be the first pick if I drop him. Not syaing you guys are wrong, just challenging you on if you'd actually do it. 

Arenado is not very good outside of Coors so unless he re-signs with them before free agency I really consider dropping him unless you're 100% going all in on this season.

You have great hitters, no question. You have 0 pitching though and in a points league that's usually a huge problem.

I keep Acuna/Vlad for the long term game. If you only care about this season I keep Arenado with whoever you prefer between Acuna/Vlad.

lol, it's only a 4 keeper league. Why wouldn't I be going for it? I have Snell, Kershaw, and Bumgarner as pitching keeper options. Outside of Snell they don't provide the advantage over other options that I could have with keeping the offensive guys so they just don't make the cut. I've kept Kershaw for a long time and he hasn't panned out the last couple years due to injury. I also just think he's done producing his super elite seasons. That fastball velo continuing to dip is a big problem I see.

If its your team. Which one are you keeping; Vlad, Acuna, or Soto?

10 minutes ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

If its your team. Which one are you keeping; Vlad, Acuna, or Soto?

Probably Acuna just because Vlad won't be up at the start of the year.

• Like 1

Vladdy he's much younger and now will be Toronto's starting 3B this year with Donaldson in Atlanta. 

15 hours ago, Rush2112 said:

Vladdy he's much younger and now will be Toronto's starting 3B this year with Donaldson in Atlanta. 

Much younger?  Vladdy is 15 months younger than Acuna, when you are talking about guys in their early 20's, Acuna turned 21 in December, Vladdy turns 20 in march - that is not much of a difference to even really consider when talking keeper.  

• Like 1

Again, in another setting I think I might consider Vladdy over Arenado, but honestly I think you might see a deal struck for Arenado and not hit the market.  He sees what is going on and I think he is no longer with Boras, which kinds of lends itself to perhaps cutting a long term deal.  So I think there is a good chance he stays in Colorado beyond 19 - but with what the settings are I guess the one other option might be a deal.  

that's tough

so you've got to choose four of Trout, Arenado, Machado, Guerrero, Soto, Acuna

As much as I love Soto, he's the bottom rank for me. In terms of keeper values I'd rank them:

Trout

Acuna

Machado

Arenado

Guerrero

Soto

I understand going with Vladdy due to his generational pedigree and age... but Machado is more proven and is only 26. I mean, he won't even be 32 until 2025. That's a long time from now.

Dropping Arenado is more plausible, but he has incrementally improved each year and there are few players with higher floors. I also think evaluating him as a "Coors product" is a big mistake. Dude can absolutely rake, and would put up power numbers anywhere. 

5 hours ago, RotoBird said:

Dropping Arenado is more plausible, but he has incrementally improved each year and there are few players with higher floors. I also think evaluating him as a "Coors product" is a big mistake. Dude can absolutely rake, and would put up power numbers anywhere.

I would disagree with this, simply looking at his career splits away from Coors he's a completely different hitter.

Home: .320, 108 HR, 376 RBI, .984 OPS

Away: .263, 78 HR, 240 RBI, .787 OPS

His production suffers a lot more than most realize when he's away from Coors. 

5 hours ago, cdd10 said:

Acuna because he has speed as well as everything Vlad has. 

Acuna doesn't have vlads 80 hit tool

1 hour ago, RotoBird said:

that dude is not a .787 bat

Career away from Coors he has been

Vladdy is a generational bat that will be an MVP candidate from the go..... BUT so it Acuna...... err, umm, i dont know... flip a coin between the two.

22 hours ago, HOOTIE said:

Acuna doesn't have vlads 80 hit tool

he hit .293 in almost 500 PA. good enough for me. i'll take the SB. 

I'd agree with the drop Arenado, it sounds horrible from the outside, but if he does leave Coors, his offensive floor drops dramatically.  To me that damages his long-term potential.