urban2014

T.Y. Hilton 2019 Outlook

They do have a lot of other weapons now, but that could open it up for Hilton too. He has WR1 upside too. Wouldn't want him as my WR1 pick though unless I'm RB heavy. Great WR2

TYH is the man. 

He's never been a huge red zone threat, although he did get a couple last year. 

He's mainly been a guy that you hope can bust out really long receptions and hopefully bring a few to the house. 

He's been a pretty consistent 1000 yard receiver and predominately healthy most of his career. 

He left a game early against Texans last year where he was having his way with them and then missed a couple more. 

If he plays 16 and luck is healthy all season I think he's priced pretty cheap honestly. I'll gladly take him where he's going depending on how my team looks. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

If he plays 16 and luck is healthy all season I think he's priced pretty cheap honestly.

He is WR10 now, which is not unreasonable. You could make a case to pick him a bit higher, but he's no top-5, so I wouldn't consider him that cheap.

8 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

He is WR10 now, which is not unreasonable. You could make a case to pick him a bit higher, but he's no top-5, so I wouldn't consider him that cheap.

I have him as WR2, so it is a steal for me.

53 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

I have him as WR2, so it is a steal for me.

Woah. As the wr2 overall?.. what do you stat him out at? I feel Like that's a stretch since hes never finished higher than wr5.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

Woah. As the wr2 overall?.. what do you stat him out at? I feel Like that's a stretch since hes never finished higher than wr5.

Im too lazy to look that up but he was #5 exactly 2 years ago. Dont think it is a bold take to have him at 2? 

I just rank players. Projections are a waste of time IMO.

Edited by dmb3684

Just now, dmb3684 said:

Im too lazy to look that up but he was #5 exactly 2 years ago. Dont think it is a bold take to have him at 2? 

It's a bold prediction but I definitely don't hate it either.  TY & Luck healthy for 16 games, I wouldn't be super surprised to see him finish around WR 2-4 overall.

1 minute ago, dmb3684 said:

I just rank players. Projections are a waste of time IMO.

Fair enough but his #5 season he led the league in recieving yards and still only finished as the wr5. 

Hes not a 100 catch guy and he isnt a double digit td guy. As in hes never done it. 

Hes good for 7tds on a good year and 91 catches is his career high so hes either gonna have to break that 7 year trend or hes gonna have to get 1800 recieving yards

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JJ1223 said:

It's a bold prediction but I definitely don't hate it either.  TY & Luck healthy for 16 games, I wouldn't be super surprised to see him finish around WR 2-4 overall.

The WR10 finishing WR2 isnt bold at all for me. Should everyone just have the same exact rankings? Semantics I guess.

18 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

Fair enough but his #5 season he led the league in recieving yards and still only finished as the wr5. 

Hes not a 100 catch guy and he isnt a double digit td guy. As in hes never done it. 

Hes good for 7tds on a good year and 91 catches is his career high so hes either gonna have to break that 7 year trend or hes gonna have to get 1800 recieving yards

I am just betting on him and Luck staying healthy I think. If TY didnt get hurt last year, he'd have been top 3. 

TY and Luck staying healthy is the bold part.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

The WR10 finishing WR2 isnt bold at all for me. Should everyone just have the same exact rankings? Semantics I guess.

I really like TY but just don't see him finishing that high.  IND is beating the offseason drum of wanting to run more this season.  Having one of the top O-lines and an improving D further backs the team decision to go in that direction offensively.  In the passing game, IND has too many other RZ threats with Ebron and Doyle (plus PCampbell added in the 2nd rd) for me to see any significant increase in TD for Hilton.  He's talented enough and playing with a good enough QB to fully blow-up but past performance (meaning he's never finished that high before, mainly due to TD and rec totals) plus 2019 team dynamics just not making me see it. 

Edited by J.T. Marlin
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

I am just betting on him and Luck staying healthy I think. If TY didnt get hurt last year, he'd have been top 3. 

TY and Luck staying healthy is the bold part.

This could be true

He only missed 2 games and finished 74 points behind the wr3 (.5ppr) but it was a lingering injury that he pushed through. Maybe he does finish top 3 if healthy maybe he has 2 games with 3 catches for 30 yards like the Bills and jets games. We'll never know.

Yanno I wouldnt be shocked if he finished wr2 but I do believe it's a pretty bold prediction. I agree that being drafted at wr10 is a steal right now. 

1 hour ago, J.T. Marlin said:

I really like TY but just don't see him finishing that high.  IND is beating the offseason drum of wanting to run more this season.  Having one of the top O-lines and an improving D further backs the team decision to go in that direction offensively.  In the passing game, IND has too many other RZ threats with Ebron and Doyle (plus PCampbell added in the 2nd rd) for me to see any significant increase in TD for Hilton.  He's talented enough and playing with a good enough QB to fully blow-up but past performance (meaning he's never finished that high before, mainly due to TD and rec totals) plus 2019 team dynamics just not making me see it. 

So don't draft him that high.

My ranking usually deviate a good amount from the norm anyhow.

• Like 1

I think the wr2 is a little reach but he’s gotten 1500+ yards before and could do it again. My main problem with TY (no not the lack of tds) is that the colts D has been slowly improving. In years past the colts D was a total **** show and that would bode well for guys like TY. Now I think they run the ball more (as a preservation tactic for lucks shoulder and game flow). Colts should be a top 5 offense this year though and grabbing a proven wr1 that has great chemistry with a great qb seems like a good idea. I would start targeting him in the third, after his teammate MM is gone

1 minute ago, Panthers8912 said:

I think the wr2 is a little reach but he’s gotten 1500+ yards before and could do it again. My main problem with TY (no not the lack of tds) is that the colts D has been slowly improving. In years past the colts D was a total **** show and that would bode well for guys like TY. Now I think they run the ball more (as a preservation tactic for lucks shoulder and game flow). Colts should be a top 5 offense this year though and grabbing a proven wr1 that has great chemistry with a great qb seems like a good idea. I would start targeting him in the third, after his teammate MM is gone

T.y. has never had 1500 yards. He had 1440 once.

I tend to think luck will regress just a  little this year also. He'll still be elite but he will probably throw fewer than 39 tds this year. But Hilton will still get his yearly 6tds

1 minute ago, Stonej14 said:

I tend to think luck will regress just a  little this year also. He'll still be elite but he will probably throw fewer than 39 tds this year. But Hilton will still get his yearly 6tds

Ah shoot, foiled by facts again 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Stonej14 said:

I have Luck as QB1. 

Assuming everyone here has Mahomes. 

Edited by dmb3684

On 1/28/2019 at 12:33 PM, RUGOO said:

T.Y. is real solid,  no problem with him as my WR1.    When he played last year, he delivered except for maybe one game (vs raiders) and the colts had a real tough schedule.   Injury was unlucky, dude only missed 2 games before this year.  He probably played this entire year hurt and still delivered.  

Plus I got him at a good price last year, about $25, people were not sold on Lucks arm and Hilton was banged up before my draft, I don't think people will get a good deal on him this year but we will see.  The Colts are set up for a big off season with their cap space so I need to wait and see what they do before I have T.Y. as a target but for the right price I would easily take him.  

Colts had a tough schedule? When? Not last year. 

2 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

I have Luck as QB1. 

Assuming everyone here has Mahomes. 

Oh no I have Lamar Jackson as qb1 lol 

I think luck is still top 3 but he will probably throw less than 640 times this year since they look to finally have developed and rushing attack and the defense is the best it's been in years. 

Probably still gets something like 4400 yards and 35 tds.. last year his TD% was 6.1% his career average is 5.2% take away his rookie year and its 5.5% so he will probably throw less passes and have a slightly lower TD% on those attempts. 

1 hour ago, Stonej14 said:

Oh no I have Lamar Jackson as qb1 lol 

I think luck is still top 3 but he will probably throw less than 640 times this year since they look to finally have developed and rushing attack and the defense is the best it's been in years. 

Probably still gets something like 4400 yards and 35 tds.. last year his TD% was 6.1% his career average is 5.2% take away his rookie year and its 5.5% so he will probably throw less passes and have a slightly lower TD% on those attempts. 

I dont care about anything you just said. I still have him as QB1. 

2 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

QB1= baker mayfield

1 hour ago, Ryansm11 said:

QB1= baker mayfield

No, it has to be Mahomes. All the magazines and posters say so.

• Haha 1

Just now, dmb3684 said:

No, it has to be Mahomes. All the magazines and posters say so.

I’ll let someone else draft him to early and get the real value later. 

1 hour ago, dmb3684 said:

That's cool just explaining why I think he would take small statistical dip. Why you got him as qb1? Just a gut feel?

1 minute ago, Stonej14 said:

That's cool just explaining why I think he would take small statistical dip. Why you got him as qb1? Just a gut feel?

I mostly just expect Mahommes not to finish QB1 and someone in the next group has to. I have Mahomes third behind Luck and Deshaun.