Sign in to follow this  
RotoBird

4-for-1 Dynasty Offer for Victor Robles WHIR

20-team dynasty

Tank team with lots of young studs (Bregman, Vladdy, Xander, JoAdell)

I'd say my first crack at contention will be 2020

I was offered Victor Robles for these four players:
Jo Adell, Willie Calhoun, Scott Kingery, Orelvis Martinez

Is Robles dynamic enough to be worth it? And how much of a surefire fantasy star is Jo Adell? 

I'm not particularly worried about positions... so I'm thinking more in a 'pound-for-pound-' kind of sense 

thanks, 

WHIR

I'd stick with Adell+. He's clearly trying to sell Robles high with the current hype and buy low on Calhoun and Kingery, who had down years. I like Robles, but Adell is a top 10 guy himself. 

• Thanks 1

I would take Robles.  He is the best player (by quite a bit IMO) in that trade and you are giving up a bunch of sauce on top of Adell to get him.  Robles has the better hit tool grade (65-60) and World Class Speed (75 grade) with 50 grade power.  He is excellent defensively so will always have a spot in starting lineup.  I honestly think Robles can be a top 30 overall player.  Something like 20 HR's and 40 SB's with an AVG between .280-.300.  Plus he will be playing pretty much every day THIS year, so you wont have to wait.  Let him grow with Vlad and Bregman, and you have 3 awesome cornerstones to build around.  Robles > Adell, and who really cares about the other 3.  Kingery was awful last year and if Phillies sign Machado, playing time gets further diminished.  Calhoun might be a AAAA player, not very good defensively, and his bat really cooled off lately.  He is the one that can turn it around tho.  But worth it to me to trade him and get Robles.  Robles will be a fantasy Stud in no time.  Thats my gut feeling on him.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, TheTruth024 said:

I would take Robles.  He is the best player (by quite a bit IMO) in that trade and you are giving up a bunch of sauce on top of Adell to get him.  Robles has the better hit tool grade (65-60) and World Class Speed (75 grade) with 50 grade power.  He is excellent defensively so will always have a spot in starting lineup.  I honestly think Robles can be a top 30 overall player.  Something like 20 HR's and 40 SB's with an AVG between .280-.300.  Plus he will be playing pretty much every day THIS year, so you wont have to wait.  Let him grow with Vlad and Bregman, and you have 3 awesome cornerstones to build around.  Robles > Adell, and who really cares about the other 3.  Kingery was awful last year and if Phillies sign Machado, playing time gets further diminished.  Calhoun might be a AAAA player, not very good defensively, and his bat really cooled off lately.  He is the one that can turn it around tho.  But worth it to me to trade him and get Robles.  Robles will be a fantasy Stud in no time.  Thats my gut feeling on him.

oh man...  you basically echoed all my thoughts and reasons for wanting to pull the trigger 

I already declined but I'm exploring similar offers 

Robles

Pretty much what the truth said

• Like 1

thanks everyone

I declined the Calhoun/Kingery/Adell/Orelvis offer...  I aggressively drafted Willie and Kingery in our inaugural draft... and I think I'd be giving up on them too soon. It's a bit sentimental - and Robles is eletric - but the potential for future regret was too high there

but I put out this offer -- figure it will be enticing given the trade partner badly needs a youth movement

Jo Adell, Kevin Smith, Antonio Cabello, Orelvis Martinez

We'll see what happens next... 

Keep you're 4 players and find someone else to move for Robles, what does ya roster look like?