urban2014

Allen Robinson 2019 Outlook

That was pleasant surprise from my WR3. My receivers are always so disappointing, but maybe this year will be different. I've liked this guy since his days at PSU. Plenty of talent.

Edited by EaglesRocker97

2 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

Looked great tonight! 7-102 on 14 targets. Made some tough contested catches & easily the top WR read in that offense

Wasn't stoked to have drafted him but was just the way the draft fell.  Feeling much better after tonights game.

3 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

Looked great tonight! 7-102 on 14 targets. Made some tough contested catches & easily the top WR read in that offense

and people said Anthony Miller was gonna take over

• Haha 1

He looks fantastic tonight! A lot sharper than last year with his movements and routes. Lets hope this trend continues, need him to be a solid WR2 throughout the year.

In a game where the top RBs had 11 carries total, i dont know if this is going to be the norm but you should expect at least 6-7 targets a game being the top WR. I bet Nagy gets a ton of flak for going away from the run.

Looked great and should be a value at his ADP but I doubt CHI is in this game script often

1 minute ago, bhawks489 said:

In a game where the top RBs had 11 carries total, i dont know if this is going to be the norm but you should expect at least 6-7 targets a game being the top WR. I bet Nagy gets a ton of flak for going away from the run.

He didn't necessarily went away from the run though.. I think he just used Mike Davis a bit too much over Montgomery. I could see 8-10 targets, It would've been an amazing end to the night if Trubisky connected on that TD pass to A Rob.

2 minutes ago, lilremix328 said:

He didn't necessarily went away from the run though.. I think he just used Mike Davis a bit too much over Montgomery. I could see 8-10 targets, It would've been an amazing end to the night if Trubisky connected on that TD pass to A Rob.

15 carries total? 16 with tariks called back?

3 of those trubisky?

so that means 12 carries from running backs and 1 less from a penalty?

Edited by bhawks489

finally, I think this is the first time ever, I have thrown a guy into a thursday night game just to be in "action" and it paid off, I sat Mack for him last minute

very happy with my WR3 going forward after tonight, 14 targets was awesome

Mitchell Trubisky blows, but if he's going to send 14 targets this man's way, he's going to be an excellent value at his draft price.  At times it looked like he was the only Bears receiver playing in the game besides Tarik Cohen.

33 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

15 carries total? 16 with tariks called back?

3 of those trubisky?

so that means 12 carries from running backs and 1 less from a penalty?

It definitely felt like they carried the ball a lot more than that. Trubisky also wasted a lot of plays as well. Regardless..I'm hopeful A-Rob can provide and deliver a big season.

1 hour ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

Don't get too hyped fellas. We saw this force feeding last year too and then the next game, he gets 3 receptions. 

Nagy is more deliberate than maybe any playcaller in the league at spreading the ball around. If I had shares of Robinson I would absolutely be shopping him.

23 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

Damn what round did you guys get A-Rob that he's your WR3? I got him in the 5th but he's my WR2. I went RB-WR-RB-RB-WR

1. (5) DeAndre Hopkins (Hou - WR)
2. (20) Patrick Mahomes (KC - QB)
3. (29) Dalvin Cook (Min - RB)
4. (44) Marlon Mack (Ind - RB)
5. (53) Tyler Boyd (Cin - WR)
6. (68) James White (NE - RB)
7. (77) Allen Robinson II (Chi - WR)
8. (92) Devin Singletary (Buf - RB)
9. (101) Will Fuller V (Hou - WR)
10. (116) Jaylen Samuels (Pit - RB)
11. (125) Alexander Mattison (Min - RB)
12. (140) Corey Davis (Ten - WR)
13. (149) Carlos Hyde (Hou - RB)
14. (164) T.J. Hockenson (Det - TE)
15. (173) New Orleans (NO - DEF)

12 team league

Edited by Golden Spikes

6 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:
1. (5) DeAndre Hopkins (Hou - WR)
2. (20) Patrick Mahomes (KC - QB)
3. (29) Dalvin Cook (Min - RB)
4. (44) Marlon Mack (Ind - RB)
5. (53) Tyler Boyd (Cin - WR)
6. (68) James White (NE - RB)
7. (77) Allen Robinson II (Chi - WR)
8. (92) Devin Singletary (Buf - RB)
9. (101) Will Fuller V (Hou - WR)
10. (116) Jaylen Samuels (Pit - RB)
11. (125) Alexander Mattison (Min - RB)
12. (140) Corey Davis (Ten - WR)
13. (149) Carlos Hyde (Hou - RB)
14. (164) T.J. Hockenson (Det - TE)
15. (173) New Orleans (NO - DEF)

12 team league

I dun goofd

• Haha 1

So many people were sleeping on Arob this year. He's going to be a rock solid WR2 with WR1 upside... and this will probably be trubisky's worst game of the season. Completely healthy and finally recovered from his acl year, his cutting and route running looked crisp tonight. Definitely buy low before people realize he's back to 2015 form. 

Offseason and camp reports were consistently glowing. So happy (and a bit surprised) this train didn’t really get going so his value could hold somewhat. Most owned player along with Curtis Samuel and Chris Godwin for me. Perfect example of why following camp beatdrums gives such an edge.

The always tough first year coming back from an ACL tear removed. Which happened to coincide with first year in a new offense with a rookie quarterback.

Nagy said during camp that ARob is one of the top players he’s ever coached.

Named camp MVP by several beat writers.

CB Amukamara saying he always had the elite jump ball ability but is so much better in all facets of the game now.

Trubisky followed up with saying if ARob is one-on-one, it’s going to him. He’s that good.

Coaching tendencies, like Nagy spreading it around not using an alpha receiver, tend to get overstated from team to team and even year to year with same team. If a player is good enough he will get the ball.

Rock solid WR2 for sure, could sniff borderline WR1.

Edited by Alconbury
  • Thanks 1

*Correction; first year in a new offense with a sophomore quarterback. Albeit a comparatively quite inexperienced one, only 10 college starts on his resume for example.

Rest regarding ARob still stands.

3 hours ago, Alconbury said:

Rock solid WR2 for sure, could sniff borderline WR1.

So you're saying 1000-1250 yards? It's not impossible, and he was on a 1000 yard pace last season, but Trubs hasn't had a 1000 yard receiver yet in the past 2 years. "rock solid" is a bit of an overstatement - to me he's somewhere on the WR3/WR2 border.

• Like 1