Rotoworld.com Forums

9 minutes ago, Sternes said:

Can someone run me through what happened at the end of last year?  He stepped away for mental health, was suspended, then reinstated, and is now good to go?  Is there any additional hurdles?  Is he ready to go?

I mean, it's Josh Gordon.... I don't think more needs to be said

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm firing him up everywhere.

😂🤣😂🤣😂     

Mods coming into this thread:  

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Sternes said:

Can someone run me through what happened at the end of last year?  He stepped away for mental health, was suspended, then reinstated, and is now good to go?  Is there any additional hurdles?  Is he ready to go?

He can’t rejoin team officially till tomorrow and has clinical benchmarks before cleared to play games, but those are largely administrative based on the articles I have seen. Expectation is that if all goes well, he’ll ramp up over this week and perhaps be eligible (though team decision pending) for preseason week 3.

• Thanks 1

Things to think about: 

1. Regardless of how much he has practiced in the preseason - the dude is starting and is going to get the ball thrown to him.  As I mentioned previously, this guy is not a dummy (he does have his demons).  He knows this playbook, he was building a great rapport with Brady....plus...Brady was giving him the love he need.  

2. The Gordon factor is going to significantly raise the value of everyone else on this offense.  The Pats D is legit and the offense will have the ball in their hands A LOT this year.  The focus is on a balanced offense this season - a balanced offense needs a legit WR threat to spread the field.  Before this reinstatement, I believed we were going to see defenses able to choke the Patriots a bit causing some turmoil for the run game and Edelman.  Now that the Gordon factor is back....this loosens everything up....this is huge for all other Patriots players in the draft

3. Pats O is going to have the ball in their hands a LOT.  Gordon will get his.  I see a 6-8TD season from Gordon.  Honestly...possibly more

4. Lastly, this gives guys like Meyer, Harris, Thomas, Dorsett some time to breathe and find their place. 

This is huge on so many levels.  Gordon is a nice pick up, IMO, in like the 6th round-ish. 

35 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Things to think about: 

1. Regardless of how much he has practiced in the preseason - the dude is starting and is going to get the ball thrown to him.  As I mentioned previously, this guy is not a dummy (he does have his demons).  He knows this playbook, he was building a great rapport with Brady....plus...Brady was giving him the love he need.  

2. The Gordon factor is going to significantly raise the value of everyone else on this offense.  The Pats D is legit and the offense will have the ball in their hands A LOT this year.  The focus is on a balanced offense this season - a balanced offense needs a legit WR threat to spread the field.  Before this reinstatement, I believed we were going to see defenses able to choke the Patriots a bit causing some turmoil for the run game and Edelman.  Now that the Gordon factor is back....this loosens everything up....this is huge for all other Patriots players in the draft

3. Pats O is going to have the ball in their hands a LOT.  Gordon will get his.  I see a 6-8TD season from Gordon.  Honestly...possibly more

4. Lastly, this gives guys like Meyer, Harris, Thomas, Dorsett some time to breathe and find their place. 

This is huge on so many levels.  Gordon is a nice pick up, IMO, in like the 6th round-ish. 

Many of us forget that Gordon was playing through a minor injury which hindered a little his big play dominance last year. This guy will be a top 8 WR this year.  IF he plays all 16. The fact that hes healthy is big

Edited by SyNdicateZ
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Many of us forget that Gordon was playing through a minor injury which hindered a little his big play dominance last year. This guy will be a top 8 WR this year.  IF he plays all 16. The fact that hes healthy is big

Injured and added to a new system mid season....not just any system..the Patriots system.  There is a lot to like about this Gordon situation.  I think he stays clean too.  

Got faith in Gordon. At his age, he knows this is his last opportunity to secure the bag. He could’ve made so much money over these years. But we all have our demons. At age 27 he understands that this is his last chance for his first (and probably last) big payday. Even if he’s clean over the next 3-4 seasons, he’s not going to receive the type of money then that he’d receive on a contract following this season. Financially, it was a wasted career for a player of his talent. But his talent and hard works deserves at least one big contract. 

• Like 1

Hey y'all, with this news dropping, and Josh getting yet another shot at winning back our hearts, I wanted to do some research on Josh's fanbase. Im interested in why people are so attached to him (myself included). Is it because they owned himn in 2013? Did they hop on the train after and are hoping they can cash in? Is there anyone out there who owned him in 2013, and isn't' still holding on to the dream?

I put together a little survey. It should only take a few minutes. Once I get a significant number of responses, ill do some analysis and get back to y'all on the results!

Here is the link: https://forms.gle/p9H6Vp53myeZ3Wyi7

If anyone has any feedback, or thinks some questions should be added please let me know!

Cheers!

Statement from Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick on the league’s reinstatement of Josh Gordon:

"For the past eight months, Josh’s situation has been entirely a league matter. When Josh returns to our program, we will evaluate the entire situation and do what we feel is best for Josh and the team."

3 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

This is the NFL who isn't playing through at least minor injuries?

• Thanks 2
40 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

Statement from Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick on the league’s reinstatement of Josh Gordon:

"For the past eight months, Josh’s situation has been entirely a league matter. When Josh returns to our program, we will evaluate the entire situation and do what we feel is best for Josh and the team."

Translation: we let the league clear him to play football. Now that he has been cleared we will bring him in and see if he looks like the old Josh. If he does we will slot him in as our WR1 same as we did last year and destroy our competition. 

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Godofbeasts94 said:

Hey y'all, with this news dropping, and Josh getting yet another shot at winning back our hearts, I wanted to do some research on Josh's fanbase. Im interested in why people are so attached to him (myself included). Is it because they owned himn in 2013? Did they hop on the train after and are hoping they can cash in? Is there anyone out there who owned him in 2013, and isn't' still holding on to the dream?

I put together a little survey. It should only take a few minutes. Once I get a significant number of responses, ill do some analysis and get back to y'all on the results!

Here is the link: https://forms.gle/p9H6Vp53myeZ3Wyi7

If anyone has any feedback, or thinks some questions should be added please let me know!

Cheers!

Because he’s a great talent but unreliable. He’s a huge risk/reward, it’s not that complicated.

13 hours ago, shakestreet said:

Easy add—— No kidding

who are these people that are second guessing? 

Probably the people who have been burned by him multiple times before maybe?

9 hours ago, ss3walkman said:

Got faith in Gordon. At his age, he knows this is his last opportunity to secure the bag. He could’ve made so much money over these years. But we all have our demons. At age 27 he understands that this is his last chance for his first (and probably last) big payday. Even if he’s clean over the next 3-4 seasons, he’s not going to receive the type of money then that he’d receive on a contract following this season. Financially, it was a wasted career for a player of his talent. But his talent and hard works deserves at least one big contract. 

Feels like we hear this every year

6 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

Because he’s a great talent but unreliable. He’s a huge risk/reward, it’s not that complicated.

When you were able to grab him at the end of drafts he was no risk and potential reward. Now that his ADP is going to sky rocket he is very high risk and potential award. I don't view him as having that high ceiling any more.

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, devaster said:

When you were able to grab him at the end of drafts he was no risk and potential reward. Now that his ADP is going to sky rocket he is very high risk and potential award. I don't view him as having that high ceiling any more.

Yeah I really don’t think his ceiling is that high on the pats. Another team would be better but I think he’ll be fine. His ppg last year was pretty good

52 minutes ago, Guwop said:

Feels like we hear this every year

I don’t see why.

Fantasy wise, he only missed one week last season.

We knew he wasn’t playing in ‘15.

We knew he wasn’t playing in ‘16.

He finally came back at the end of ‘17. 

As a fantasy football owner, if you didn’t research before drafts, it’s kind of your fault for being let down. The suspensions were always there. The other seasons it was fantasy owners hoping he would win appeals and return. You draft at your own risk. 

This is actually different than most other seasons. He’s eligible to return and be available week 1. Only time that’s occurred in previous years is last year. And yes, he did slip up. But if you weren’t in the championship last year, it wouldn’t had mattered anyway. 

1 hour ago, devaster said:

47 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Yeah I really don’t think his ceiling is that high on the pats. Another team would be better but I think he’ll be fine. His ppg last year was pretty good

His potential yardage ceiling may not be as high, but his touchdown ceiling is higher than any other year. Gronk bring out is a big boon for him.

11 minutes ago, ss3walkman said:

His potential yardage ceiling may not be as high, but his touchdown ceiling is higher than any other year. Gronk bring out is a big boon for him.

Gronk had 3 tds last year.

11 hours ago, ss3walkman said:

Right.  Because that’s how demons work.  

1 hour ago, FeastMode said:

Right.  Because that’s how demons work.  

Demons are only demons until they aren’t anymore. Support systems can work. The consensus here is that an abuser is always an abuser. Once you get the proper help, you can do wonders. No one goes cold turkey their first, second or even third try. Relapses happen. It takes time. Determination. It takes proper support. Who’s to say he doesn’t have that? Dude literally dropped off the face of the earth and moved out to a remote location in the country to get himself together. To get away from distractions that were detrimental to him. He’s taking the necessary steps to fight those demons. I’ll always respect a man who tries, no matter how unsuccessful he is. Like I tell my students, trying your best is good enough, no matter the outcome. 

Edited by ss3walkman
  • Like 1