Rotoworld.com Forums

1 hour ago, RunCMC said:

If your taking Flash as your WR2, your in for a rocky ride this season. Better have alot of depth at that position. Because this can play out in so many ways for Gordon, nothing is certain with him. I am rooting for Josh , and will try to snipe him at earlest around the 8th round. Maybe... maybe 7th round if Im passing on Allen Robinson or Hunter Henry.

It all depends on your roster construction, but WR is so deep that even drafting Gordon as a WR2, you can probably adjust rather easily so long as you are drafting him too early (6th or 7th seems about right). You could draft a comparable WR the very next round as insurance and likely be selecting from a similar pool of WRs. 

The risk of reaching for Gordon around the 6th/7th is somewhat minimized-- IMO-- because this is where a lot of owners start drafting their QBs and TEs so the pool of available WRs is not always depleted as quickly as the earlier rounds. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm firing him up everywhere.

😂🤣😂🤣😂     

Mods coming into this thread:  

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Grayson2401 said:

It all depends on your roster construction, but WR is so deep that even drafting Gordon as a WR2, you can probably adjust rather easily so long as you are drafting him too early (6th or 7th seems about right). You could draft a comparable WR the very next round as insurance and likely be selecting from a similar pool of WRs. 

The risk of reaching for Gordon around the 6th/7th is somewhat minimized-- IMO-- because this is where a lot of owners start drafting their QBs and TEs so the pool of available WRs is not always depleted as quickly as the earlier rounds. 

Yeah but you'll never get him in the 6th/7th round.  There's gonna be an owner enamored with his upside taking him well before that.

Also, if you are in a competitive league, the owners will know not to take QB until late and only the top few TE's will be gone.  Most drafts are going to be a RB/WR-fest until the middle rounds.

2 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Yeah but you'll never get him in the 6th/7th round.  There's gonna be an owner enamored with his upside taking him well before that.

Also, if you are in a competitive league, the owners will know not to take QB until late and only the top few TE's will be gone.  Most drafts are going to be a RB/WR-fest until the middle rounds.

I got him last night in the 15th round.

You make a decent point, but just like you said. Most folks choose a QB or TE in those rounds , and I'm one of them . That strategy is too risky for me, best I can hope for is him falling to 7/8th round. If not then it is what it is , I won't have Gordon this season.  @Grayson2401

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, oresteszero said:
5 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

I got him last night in the 15th round.

What?  Can I join that league?  He was going in the 15th before he was reinstated.

• Haha 2
8 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

This is often repeated about QBs but I have always played in competitive leagues and QBs and even TEs to some extent never last as long as people want to imagine. 

Their respective ADPs say as much. 

Just an FYI FWIW: I had a draft last night and took Gordon in the 7th with pick 90. 

1 minute ago, kball09 said:

Um....well that means YOU didn't draft him for 14 rounds either... sooooo.......

This is true. I also wasn't sober while drafting but could have gotten away with murder last night drafting lol.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

You make a decent point, but just like you said. Most folks choose a QB or TE in those rounds , and I'm one of them . That strategy is too risky for me, best I can hope for is him falling to 7/8th round. If not then it is what it is , I won't have Gordon this season.  @Grayson2401

Completely fair. Drafting Gordon is not for everyone and more often than not is the prudent move. 

Just now, oresteszero said:

This is true. I also wasn't sober while drafting but could have gotten away with murder last night drafting lol.

I can't lie bro, was drinking too much and drafted L Fitz in the 7th, forgetting Gordon was on the board. He went a few picks later. Judge yet ye be judged :)

• Like 1
1 minute ago, kball09 said:

Um....well that means YOU didn't draft him for 14 rounds either... sooooo.......

I know right LMAO. Would've been sniped already long ago in my league, if not me someone else.

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

Imagine if JG were on the Browns THIS year.

final_5d5b023db236d000140adfe2_50615.jpg

That would actually suck with both OBJ AND LANDRY there.....

Edited by SyNdicateZ
1 hour ago, Spyplane said:

Last year isn't sexy. If you want last year then you should just move along because this is too rich for your blood.

What are you talking about? Is JG going in the first/second round??

He did well last year even after joining the team late and battling injury. Now he’s got somewhere around a 6th round tag which isn’t that steep

1 hour ago, oresteszero said:

Maintaining at least a fuzzy recollection of sobriety in a live draft is a veteran move. Over do it early and it's gonna be a crap shoot 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, kball09 said:

I can't lie bro, was drinking too much and drafted L Fitz in the 7th, forgetting Gordon was on the board. He went a few picks later. Judge yet ye be judged :)

Before he was even reinstated I got drunk during my draft and forgot about him. Took freaking trequan smith over Gordon. Going into the draft Gordon was a priority for me and I took him 4th round last year lol. 

• Haha 1
Just now, Panthers8912 said:

Before he was even reinstated I got drunk during my draft and forgot about him. Took freaking trequan smith over Gordon. Going into the draft Gordon was a priority for me and I took him 4th round last year lol. 

You have to manually que him up or he can be easy to forget. I think that is why he will likely slip further than expected in drafts. He is about 3-4 pages down to scroll through when you are selecting players, making him more likely to slip in your league's draft.

4 minutes ago, Grayson2401 said:

You have to manually que him up or he can be easy to forget. I think that is why he will likely slip further than expected in drafts. He is about 3-4 pages down to scroll through when you are selecting players, making him more likely to slip in your league's draft.

It was an in person/ offline draft (very easy to get others to drink lol) I had remembered him like round 10 and then just totally forgot to take him a couple rounds later. Should’ve wrote myself a note 

1 hour ago, bhawks489 said:

What are you talking about? Is JG going in the first/second round??

He did well last year even after joining the team late and battling injury. Now he’s got somewhere around a 6th round tag which isn’t that steep

I was quite clear in what I said. I told you the hype isn't about last year. The hype is about 2013 because it showed what he's capable of.

You're on a fantasy forum. This is a place where the most diehard go to talk fantasy sports. These fantasy competitors are placing bets on the future in order to win. If you're placing a bet on Josh Gordon and hoping to get what he did last year then you're doing it wrong. He's not being taken in round one or two for obvious reasons but that doesn't mean his output need be in line with the round of his current ADP. This is basic stuff.

Edited by Spyplane