DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2019 Outlook

3 hours ago, sSektor said:

Pats are gonna lock up the AFC east by like week 1 though

FTFY. Must be nice to cheat with impunity.

Only reason AB is still playing is because he's on the patriots, any other team he would be immediatly suspended/exempt.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Great buy low opportunity this week. Gordon will be boom or bust and last Sunday had perfect conditions for bust with AB's debut, 2 def TDs and a big lead all the way.

Gordon remains a starting WR on this insanely powerful team and he's not one particle less talented than before AB arrived. 5-8 targets per game will be plenty for Gordon to be a good WR2, just as he was going to be before AB arrived. Josh won't suffer from AB's insertion into the offense nearly as much as Edelman or Dorsett. Edelman will still get more targets than Josh but AB does everything Edelman does better. Dorsett will get most of his action in garbage time now.

Josh Gordon was always going to be boom or bust this season. This week could be 5-100-1 and Gordon would become untouchable. Right now the Gordon owner might be happy to just get clear of the situation

He's a hold until the AB issue gets settled. Not going through trying to figure what the patriots want to do weekly. Week to consistency is key and gordon wont have that. 

58 minutes ago, Guwop said:

He's a hold until the AB issue gets settled. Not going through trying to figure what the patriots want to do weekly. Week to consistency is key and gordon wont have that. 

I might try to shop him just for that reason - not wanting to play the guessing game, of course he has very little value to non-owners right now.

11 hours ago, TTo34 said:

Patriots to missing the playoffs.

That would defy the laws of physics. You have a better chance of winning the lottery!

Looking up Josh Gordon's projected CB matchup, he's slated to go up against Darryl Roberts. Roberts has allowed 10 receptions on 15 targets, both which rank as 12th-most in the NFL so far. His PFF coverage grade is 57.7 and his overall grade is 52.7. That is...not good. 

• Like 1

Per the new targets article "Don't be afraid to start multiple Patriots WRs in the same fantasy lineup if you're lucky enough to have them."

Can't say I am taking that advice. I have fear.

Edited by altmin

“Josh has worked hard, he’s made progress," Belichick said Wednesday. "I think he still has a long way to go. We have 14 regular-season games left, so we’ll see how it goes.”

A week after catching three passes for 73 yards and a touchdown in New England’s season opener, Gordon was held to a pair of receptions for 19 yards in Miami. Dolphins Pro Bowl cornerback Xavien Howard shadowed Gordon for much of the afternoon. Gordon did earn one more target than he saw against Pittsburgh in Week 1 despite the addition of Antonio Brown, who posted team highs in targets, catches and receiving yards at Miami.

https://www.masslive.com/patriots/2019/09/bill-belichick-assesses-josh-gordons-first-month-back-with-the-patriots.html

On 9/16/2019 at 6:12 AM, Foppatosakic said:

Judging by how much they spread the ball, its going to be difficult to predict who is going to be fantasy relevant week by week. No ones going to be a bell cow.

This is my biggest issue. But the schedule is SO soft I figure they will score a ton. 

2 hours ago, dashoe said:

“Josh has worked hard, he’s made progress," Belichick said Wednesday. "I think he still has a long way to go. We have 14 regular-season games left, so we’ll see how it goes.”

A week after catching three passes for 73 yards and a touchdown in New England’s season opener, Gordon was held to a pair of receptions for 19 yards in Miami. Dolphins Pro Bowl cornerback Xavien Howard shadowed Gordon for much of the afternoon. Gordon did earn one more target than he saw against Pittsburgh in Week 1 despite the addition of Antonio Brown, who posted team highs in targets, catches and receiving yards at Miami.

https://www.masslive.com/patriots/2019/09/bill-belichick-assesses-josh-gordons-first-month-back-with-the-patriots.html

I'm guessing Howard was on AB when he was in, and Gordon when AB was out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oliminator123 said:

I'm guessing Howard was on AB when he was in, and Gordon when AB was out. 

Howard shadowed Gordon. And Gordon played like 80% of the snaps. This was always a recipe for a quiet game. 

Who would've thought that Josh Gordon would be the 'stable professional one' amongst the Patriots outside receivers this year?

• Haha 6

I'm starting Flash Gordon one way or another. Man can he just come out with a monster 2 TD game this weekend , that would be so lovely for all those WHO BELIEVE! 

I think his season is going to look statistically a bit like Brandin Cooks with the Pats if AB and Edelman stay healthy/not suspended.  

Just now, IdontknowwhatNFLis12 said:

What is Flash Gordon's value? Where would you rank him amongst other WRs ROS? 

#1 WR ROS obviously.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2