DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2019 Outlook

If you’re thinking about benching JG, then yes, you’re overthinking.

35 minutes ago, Nah85 said:

I might be sitting as well.  This game might be over quick, think about it, why risk further injury to the only healthy receivers they’ve got.  But there’s a big chance they might be stat padding, I just think they might be running the ball a lot.

im thinking too much 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

You're thinking too much. The Pats don't adjust their gameplan based on score

You’d have to be crazy to bench him this week. Either you drafted him on the WR2/3 borderline because he was Brady’s unquestioned top option on the outside (in which case he’s now in the same situation he was on draft night), or you acquired him for pennies on the dollar while it looked like it was going to be the AB show for the rest of the season (in which case your bet played out exactly as you’d wished, and sooner than expected).

The Pats may well have a second-half lead in every game they play this year, that’s not a reason to bench the guys who are going to build that lead.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Deke said:

ASYS

I’m starting Ridley, K. Allen and Godwin over him.  Someone convince me otherwise.  The Jets will get shutout.  Just like last week Gordon will not be needed much.  Thoughts?

13 hours ago, FUM said:

Waiting to use him until the Pats play in a game where they have to actually throw the ball.

You might be waiting until 2021.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, FUM said:

I’m starting Ridley, K. Allen and Godwin over him.  Someone convince me otherwise.  The Jets will get shutout.  Just like last week Gordon will not be needed much.  Thoughts?

It would be hard to start Gordon over any of those 3, and I really like Gordon this week. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FUM said:

I'm in a very similar situation (Watkins/Lockett/Fitz), gotta sit Gordon this week, but I'm more than happy to see him feast on the Jets even on my bench. It'll make me feel a lot better about getting him into my lineup weekly going forward, like I drafted him to be.

James White is out for the Patriots today, so one less mouth to feed for the Pats...

22 hours ago, Deke said:

Yeah no AB no James White... He has to see an increase in targets today.

4 minutes ago, Corleone said:

James White is out for the Patriots today, so one less mouth to feed for the Pats...

tumblr_n94wo9hooP1scpnlso1_250.gif

• Haha 1

I hope Brady feeds JG today.  Gave AB all the attention last week when he was in the game.  Now it's time for Flash to rise again. 

Brady to JG: "No hard feelings about last week.  You can understand why I wanted to date the hottest girl in the class.  But now that she's moved to Alabama, you're the next best thing.  Do you want to go to Homecoming?"

• Like 2

So are we happy?  6 for 83 yards on 11 targets.  No TD.  But it took an Edelman injury to get that many looks.

Lukewarm for me.

Dropped a TD in the end zone today. 😢

• Haha 1

Just now, CooL said:

So are we happy?  6 for 83 yards on 11 targets.  No TD.  But it took an Edelman injury to get that many looks.

Lukewarm for me.

He was a fingertip away from a TD in the 1st quarter. Then he dislocated his finger and made a ridiculous long reception.

I'm pretty excited tbh

2 minutes ago, CooL said:

Lukewarm for me.

I'll take it, but hate seeing Chark on my bench with more points.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CooL said:

Lukewarm for me.

Not really.  Dorsett got a bunch of looks.  Gordon seemed to be forgotten again.  It seems like they view him as a one dimensional deep threat kind of guy which is of course not true. If they don't need to go deep, they let him fade into the background as far as usage.  This happened with Gronk last year too.  "Oh, we need a big play? Throw it to Gronk! If not, just keep doing the dump offs to White because no one seems to stop those."

Sucks Gordon also got hurt blocking with the hand injury.  Going forward I hope he gets more looks, but that first half was not promising.

1 hour ago, Sternes said:

Not really.  Dorsett got a bunch of looks.  Gordon seemed to be forgotten again.  It seems like they view him as a one dimensional deep threat kind of guy which is of course not true. If they don't need to go deep, they let him fade into the background as far as usage.  This happened with Gronk last year too.  "Oh, we need a big play? Throw it to Gronk! If not, just keep doing the dump offs to White because no one seems to stop those."

Sucks Gordon also got hurt blocking with the hand injury.  Going forward I hope he gets more looks, but that first half was not promising.

I agree this is exactly what i was afraid of. I said it on here that they don’t use him on intermediate routes or short yardage plays. He has great after the catch ability but stupid pats don’t see that. They just want to use him as a deep threat. Honestly i might just have to sit and wait and see how they play. 

On 9/20/2019 at 9:06 PM, SyNdicateZ said:

We definetly use him in the short route game.

What’s your input on today’s game? It took for Edelman to get hurt for Brady to start looking for him. 

6 minutes ago, HOF12 said:

What’s your input on today’s game? It took for Edelman to get hurt for Brady to start looking for him. 

? no it didnt

3 hours ago, Sternes said:

I owned Gronk last year and it definitely felt like that's how he was used. Against strong opponents, he got his. But the majority of games he was just used as a decoy that the defense keyed in on while Brady checked down to White, used Edelman, Dorsett, etc. 

I feel like it's the same with Gordon. Obviously the most talented player on the offense, but used almost as a decoy that opens up things for everyone else in the Pats offense. (when Edelman is healthy)

It was funny, even last week against the Dolphins when AB was still on the team, Miami shadowed JG with Xavien Howard (arguably a top 5 CB in the NFL) which opened up everything for the other receivers, including AB. I really thought that was going to work the other way around lol