DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2019 Outlook

How can anyone be remotely encouraged by this performance? You can't drop him and you can't trade him for anything good. He is stuck in limbo between on your bench and hesitantly putting him in as your flex with a hope and prayer. 

45 minutes ago, ralphg13 said:

How can anyone be remotely encouraged by this performance? You can't drop him and you can't trade him for anything good. He is stuck in limbo between on your bench and hesitantly putting him in as your flex with a hope and prayer. 

Did you watch the game? It was a slugfest with two of the top defenses in the league. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BornandbredHeel said:

Did you watch the game? It was a slugfest with two of the top defenses in the league. 

Agree.  Brady played one of the worst games I've seen him play in a long time.

I'm not worried about Gordon....Think he's a decent buy low right now.  The Pats WR's aren't anything to write home about so I think Gordon stays heavily targeted and just a matter of time before he throws up a big game.

I was definitely frustrated how often Brady seemed to go to Dorsett. It wasn’t working but he kept forcing it. Not sure if that’s more credit to the Bills forcing Brady to make poor reads or something else. 

He has a nice stretch of games coming up so hopefully we’re on the other side of a rough patch.

Edited by kidsgotsoul

Remember when everyone thought this was an ideal situation?  In reality, Gordon is playing with a game manager with a mediocre arm.  Brady is still as quick-witted as any player in history so he's a great real life QB but he's going to have a hard time supporting a downfield threat like Gordon.  He'd rather throw those three-yard option routes to Edelman.

27 targets for 14 catches. ~51% catch rate.

He's 25th in the NFL right now with 15.8 ypc which is still impressive. But others around that mark have been more efficient. To put it in perspective, Marquise Brown, who has a QB that could overthrow a giraffe, is 18 rec. for 34 tgts and a 16.9 ypc, a ~52% catch rate and were nervous about him as our WR3. So what does that say about Gordon? QBs or skills aside, it's time to start looking at numbers. 

4, 5, and 7 are his target share with Edelman in the lineup. 

His 11 target game is skewed because he received 7 of those targets when Edelman was injured. 

Lower than desired target share, low efficiency thus far, only 1 TD, a 42 year old QB who's arm has predictably declined over the years. He's in the land of too many negatives. 

He won't see my lineup again, until he starts showing he deserves it, regardless of matchups.

• Thanks 2

Looks like a turtle out there, I want out and shopping him for some buy low WR2/3 ASAP!

Plus only a matter of time before he is in handcuffs, or up in smoke........

Yeah, I'm one of those that just can't quit Josh Gordon.  I remember that "one season" where he looked like Jerry Rice.  Too many of us are still hoping for that to happen, a Randy Moss type renaissance with the GOAT slinging the pigskin at will to him.  It's not going to happen, I'm afraid.  We hang on to Josh Gordon like he is our firstborn son and our most prized possession.  Meanwhile we eschew the likes Terry McLaurin on waivers, Alshon Jeffery at draft time, etc.  Josh Gordon is a disease and I need help.  Somebody please take him off me for 50 cents on the dollar.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I think these are overreactions. The real head scratcher was Miami. 

3-4 73 yds 1 TD

2-5 19 yds

6-11 83 yds

3-7 46 yds

2 of those arent bad, 1 was against a good D and the other was the head scratcher.

1 hour ago, bhawks489 said:

I think these are overreactions. The real head scratcher was Miami. 

Wouldn't really call the Miami one a head scratcher. They wanted to get AB involved in the offense while Gordon was seeing Xavien Howard in coverage. Howard and the Dolphins secondary also just kept Keenan to 48 yards.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Wouldn't really call the Miami one a head scratcher. They wanted to get AB involved in the offense while Gordon was seeing Xavien Howard in coverage. Howard and the Dolphins secondary also just kept Keenan to 48 yards.

Totally agree. Y'all go ahead an bail on the elite talent...

4 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Howard was also on AB in that game.

1 minute ago, devaster said:

Howard was also on AB in that game.

He might have been on a few plays but I don't remember him following AB into the slot. 

35 minutes ago, BornandbredHeel said:

Totally agree. Y'all go ahead an bail on the elite talent...

I don't think anyone is bailing on him just yet, but our concern is fairly warranted. Like I said earlier in this thread... I'm giving him a get right game vs WAS this coming week. Depending on the numbers he puts up , I will adjust my line up accordingly moving forward. 

Are you Josh Gordon quitters also giving up on Nuk and OBJ?  Brighter days ahead fellas....keep the faith!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

Remember when everyone thought this was an ideal situation?

What situation? This past week was a pretty bad matchup, and most decent analysts had him as a sit.

On the season, I'm still keeping him as my WR3. He's a talented receiver in a good offense with a good QB. Your recency bias is obvious if you're calling Brady a game manager based on 1 poor performance. Why the hell is everyone on this forum so reactive on a weekly basis? The Bills' defense is stout.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ralphg13 said:

Because its Josh Gordon and most of his supporters are still hoping he can return to 2013 form. Looking at him objectively he's a decent WR3, nothing more. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Al.Davis said:

Are you Josh Gordon quitters also giving up on Nuk and OBJ?  Brighter days ahead fellas....keep the faith!!

I'm giving up on my entire fantasy roster except the Patriots D.

• Haha 1