DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2019 Outlook

4 hours ago, CooL said:

JG is a frustrating player to own.  Hard to sit him because of his immense talent and possibility of going off during any game.  But it seems like weeks you put him in the lineup, he disappoints.  And if you sit him on your bench, he goes off.  At least that's how I think about it in my head.  But when you actually look at his game logs, his only true BOOM was November 4th last year against GB when he went 5-130-1 (and of course on my bench which is what I remember).  He has some serviceable games of course but I think many of us are all holding on to that glorious stretch in 2013 when he looked like a first ballot HOFer.

I think this will be the last year I own Josh Gordon, at least in season long.  Best ball would be a different story, as you wouldn't need to try to time the booms before he disappears again like those gophers on Whac-a-Mole.

Sadly you just described every WR I own with maybe the exception of Chark - the only one who seems to have a solid floor this season.

2 hours ago, CooL said:

Are saying the same thing?  I said "sounds great and all" which typically means "yeah, everything seems like it should be great BUT..."  My point is that there are many out there who don't own Josh Gordon and really think they want him.  But many a Josh Gordon owner (at least the 2018 and 2019 ones, not the 2013 ones) will tell you that he can be a headache to own.  A headache to own.  And very hard to trade.  Basically a roster clogger.  I wouldn't be surprised if he blew up for a game or two this year.  The hard part is knowing when. So your only option is to keep plugging him in every week for fear of missing out.  And more often than not, as his past history will show, you'll end up only with a mediocre game.

Basically, “Yeah Gordon is on pace to perform near his ADP but I don’t like it because reasons.”

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Basically, “Yeah Gordon is on pace to perform near his ADP but I don’t like it because reasons.”

Exactly. The guy gave statistics. Which were for an overall season projection. Some people think players should average a particular amount of yards and should be at that amount every week, no more or less. With zero variance.

On 10/4/2019 at 1:57 PM, CooL said:

Clearly you don't own him...

He sounds great and all until you actually do.  My advice if you do is to not watch the Pats games and just see what you have at end of the game.  You'll keep your hair and save some frustration.  Gordon I'm sure is the most athletic pass catcher that Brady has.  Yet Brady doesn't seem to trust him enough to feed him the ball regularly.  Instead, we see him crushing on Phil Dorsett.

i own him. he's my WR3 this year and i can see a scenario where i'm starting kirk over him when he's healthy but for now i'm fine with what i've seen.

and i like watching pats games. he's no amari or kupp but gordon is still fun to watch (for me).

i really enjoy rooting for him. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Like 1

Should've had a 60+ yard TD catch, but was overthrown by a yard :(

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, FlashGordon401 said:

Should've had a 60+ yard TD catch, but was overthrown by a yard :(

Lol. They should make that the new title for this thread since that's what gets written in here almost every week. 

Fellow Gordon owners gather around.  What excuses will we use this week?

F it. To the bench with him. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, yossarian said:

Lol. They should make that the new title for this thread since that's what gets written in here almost every week. 

Yes sir .. Lol

they have the Giants this Thursday.  If he can't put up 100+ yds against that defense, then there's really no hope for this guy

7 minutes ago, Bandito said:

Fellow Gordon owners gather around.  What excuses will we use this week?

F it. To the bench with him. 

He's benched. He's lost a step, Brady can't throw deep. Dudes bench fodder. With the hype every year, this should have been THE year. But he still sucks balls. 

f--- this guy. Gonna try and trade him. 

Edited by oliminator123
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, HTXMade said:

they have the Giants this Thursday.  If he can't put up 100+ yds against that defense, then there's really no hope for this guy

Should we make the wager now? 😇

3 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

He's benched. He's lost a step, Brady can't throw deep. Dudes bench fodder. With the hype every year, this should have been THE year. But he still sucks balls. 

f--- this guy. Gonna try and trade him. 

Are you blaming Tom Brady ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HTXMade said:

You know who has a worse defense than the GIants and in fact lost to the Giants just last week? Washington! He already played the "if he can't do it against this defense then there's no hope" defense and he was a**. Again. 

We'd all be jerking each other off if Brady connected with him on that early deep ball. I'm sure we'll get to enjoy that moment soon. 

1 minute ago, Gandalfthecat said:

We'd all be jerking each other off if Brady connected with him on that early deep ball. I'm sure we'll get to enjoy that moment soon. 

Better off trading him to owners with this exact mindset.

2 minutes ago, devaster said:

Better off trading him to owners with this exact mindset.

Sure. For what?

No one worth their fantasy salt is giving you anything for him at this point. If he blows up on Thursday, no circle jerk for you!

Edited by Gandalfthecat

1 minute ago, Gandalfthecat said:

Sure. For what?

No one worth their fantasy salt is giving you anything for him at this point. If he blows up on Thursday, no circle jerk for you!

Clearly there are owners out there that have your mindset and would trade something valuable for him thinking it is a buy low opportunity. And it would likely be a sell high opportunity for the owner trading him away. This thread is a testament to that.

Well he moved up the depth chart due to injuries at least.

Edelman

Dorsett

N'Keal Harry

Jakobi Meyers

Watson

Izzo

LaCrosse

Papa Johns Delivery Guy

Michel

White

Bolden

Slater

Burkhead

Josh Gordon

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Guy can't do it in a blowup spot vs the Skins, he aint doing it at all.  Pats are almost as bad as KC for reliability at WR production at this point.  I'll be lucky to trade him for a bench TE now.

Edited by TheINC

4 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

So we'll have to wait 5-6 weeks in between big plays? That's 3 big plays over a season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

So we'll have to wait 5-6 weeks in between big plays? That's 3 big plays over a season. 

Yes. Hopefully you start him during those weeks. 

Because that's fantasy football and you drafted Josh Gordon. Maybe you don't win that league this year? Again, that's fantasy football. 

Pat's offense is not good right now and the line gives next to no time for long plays to develop. Don't start him until they play a team that can actually score.

11 minutes ago, TheINC said:

Guy can't do it in a blowup spot vs the Skins, he aint doing it at all.  Pats are almost as bad as KC for reliability at WR production at this point.  I'll be lucky to trade him for a bench TE now.

KC actually has receivers that performed and have performed weekly. Gordon had done garbage all season. I'm upset I drafted this guy. 

13 minutes ago, TheINC said:

Tried shopping him all week, no one bit. Now I'm def stuck. He's still going to have good games, but he's definitely a WR3 unless teams start to put up some points vs the Pats. With that defense though, not looking likely. 

35 minutes ago, devaster said:

Clearly there are owners out there that have your mindset and would trade something valuable for him thinking it is a buy low opportunity. And it would likely be a sell high opportunity for the owner trading him away. This thread is a testament to that.

What offers are you thinking? A buy low is a good idea imo if yu are going to dump him for next to nothing.