DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2019 Outlook

Chark will pretty much put JG on the bench for the rest of the season for me, tired of the lameness and I'm tired of spinning the wheel and wondering every week what your going to get...frustrating.

PD

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Peyton's Daddy said:

Chark will pretty much put JG on the bench for the rest of the season for me, tired of the lameness and I'm tired of spinning the wheel and wondering every week what your going to get...frustrating.

PD

Same. Already had him on the bench since AB but this week will keep it rolling. No more worrying about seeing the typical mediocre week from jg lol

You'd be shocked at what I'd accept if someone tried to "buy low"

1 hour ago, oliminator123 said:

KC actually has receivers that performed and have performed weekly. Gordon had done garbage all season. I'm upset I drafted this guy. 

KC doesn't have any WRs that have produced consistently weekly. As a Watkins owner I can attest to that.  Gordon is in a much narrower passing tree theoretically but still can't get anything going. Brandon Bolden is catching TDs for the pats ffs.

Just now, TheINC said:

KC doesn't have any WRs that have produced consistently weekly. As a Watkins owner I can attest to that.  Gordon is in a much narrower passing tree theoretically but still can't get anything going. Brandon Bolden is catching TDs for the pats ffs.

Okay, Watkins has been garbage since week 1. Hardman and Robinson have been serviceable. Kelce has been serviceable. 

Gordon has an OK week 1 and a garbage every-week-after. It's becoming more obvious he was a one year wonder and the main reason he was relevant was the weed. Get this man a blunt and I'll start him next week. 

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

To the bench , putting a wrap on the Josh Gordon project for now. No value, no production. Not dropping him .. but will asses from far distance for now. See what he does on the pine the next few weeks. Looking back at it , I probably have lost a week or two by starting him. 

He just doesn’t look right out there. He’s a fair bit slower than he used to be and he still isn’t really in sync with Brady. Every catch is a grind for him. Pats need to figure out what he is at this stage of his career for him to have much fantasy value beyond a bye-week fill-in on match-up based flex.

7 hours ago, Vegemite2 said:

He just doesn’t look right out there. He’s a fair bit slower than he used to be and he still isn’t really in sync with Brady. Every catch is a grind for him. Pats need to figure out what he is at this stage of his career for him to have much fantasy value beyond a bye-week fill-in on match-up based flex.

It almost looks like he's been out of football the past six years.

• Haha 3

Well he's got the Giants coming up on Thursday.  Will this thread turn into the "everyone sat him blows up regret" coming next?

14 hours ago, Peyton's Daddy said:

PD

same. I think it is the prudent move. Playing the Belichick lottery is not fun.

Agreed.  Going to park him on my bench, then try to avoid this thread and the truthers.  I used to say you can't bench this guy for fear of him blowing up on your bench.  Lost a matchup last year in his only blowup game because of it.  But I'm not going to blindly put him out there expecting something that just doesn't seem likely to happen.  He might have talent.  But Brady either can't get him the ball or looks elsewhere.  Or the "But...he almost had a long TD but it was off his fingertip."  I just can't anymore.  Benched until he explodes for the first time in eons.

• Like 1

It’s obvious that he plays better with a solid buzz. He’s like the Eminem of football. Like someone above said, if it’s confirmed he sparked one or cracked a bottle of Marnier pre-game, let me know and I’ll slot him in my 1 spot.

Edited by itschief33

From RW blurb: "The entire Patriots' passing attack is set up brilliantly against the Giants' porous secondary."

Real world translation: Everybody from the trainers to a few random lucky fans will get a RZ target. The score will be 49-0 by the second quarter and Gordon might get a few passes late in the 4th. :)

1 minute ago, altmin said:

From RW blurb: "The entire Patriots' passing attack is set up brilliantly against the Giants' porous secondary."

I think that's similar to the blurb from last week.

Edited by K197040
  • Like 1

8 targets and he was overthrown on 1 long bomb. Could have had a much better day.

Not terrible but at least he’s getting looks.

He's a solid WR3 with a low ceiling , that's just who Josh is in 2019 . And for what it's worth Philip Dorsett pulled a hammy early in yesterday's game, and still Flash disappoints. The only thing I see changing is maybe starting from week 8 , the Pats schedule gets more difficult. There I could see alot more close games, shootouts, and dare I say the Patriots playing from behind. He could turn a corner there, become a WR2 , and even that is highly questionable right now. 

1 hour ago, bhawks489 said:

8 targets and he was overthrown on 1 long bomb. Could have had a much better day.

Not terrible but at least he’s getting looks.

This. Every. Week. "X number of targets, and he JUST missed on a long TD! Could've/Should've been a better day!" Dude's a WR3 at best at this point. he's gonna have 1 or 2 or maybe even 3 weeks where he catches that TD and every other week is going to be this. 

Also--everybody talking about how he gets to play the Giants next week--he just played Washington, a worse defense than the Giants! Outside of Buffalo the guy hasn't gone up against a defense better than 25 the entire season. 

35 minutes ago, yossarian said:

This. Every. Week. "X number of targets, and he JUST missed on a long TD! Could've/Should've been a better day!" Dude's a WR3 at best at this point. he's gonna have 1 or 2 or maybe even 3 weeks where he catches that TD and every other week is going to be this. 

Also--everybody talking about how he gets to play the Giants next week--he just played Washington, a worse defense than the Giants! Outside of Buffalo the guy hasn't gone up against a defense better than 25 the entire season. 

Just stating facts. Interpret how you’d like.

I don’t think Gordon is getting any more unwarranted excuses than the usual rotoworld hype train. WR is a fickle position for consistency even for some of the elite guys. But go ahead and pretend it’s inexcusable for your 5th-6th round WR to not be putting up monster games when his team is destroying all opposition with the defense alone.

• Like 1

Im getting off the JG train. It was fun while it lasted. This guy is riding the bench. Been touting him for too long and now I’m over it. He’s getting the targets and play yet not production. 

Starting other WR3 types over him. Gallup, chark, sanu, John brown 

they all produce way more than jg. At this point i just been offering him to everyone. Selling after the first blow up game. That’s if there is one. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sSektor said:

I don’t think Gordon is getting any more unwarranted excuses than the usual rotoworld hype train. WR is a fickle position for consistency even for some of the elite guys. But go ahead and pretend it’s inexcusable for your 5th-6th round WR to not be putting up monster games when his team is destroying all opposition with the defense alone.

Well isnt the upside and monster games the main reason the Gordon truthers draft him every year? If he has no upside, than he doesnt have much value.

And everyone knew the Patriots defense was going to dominate with a schedule like that.

• Like 2

The earliest you should be starting him is when they face CLE in Week 8 for obvious reasons.

Until then he will not be needed to win games.

Edited by FUM
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1