DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2019 Outlook

On 10/6/2019 at 8:16 PM, RunCMC said:

To the bench , putting a wrap on the Josh Gordon project for now. No value, no production. Not dropping him .. but will asses from far distance for now. See what he does on the pine the next few weeks. Looking back at it , I probably have lost a week or two by starting him. 

I’m surprised you’re able to post. I’d think you were exhausted from yesterday’s performance.  Kudos.  

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, FUM said:

The earliest you should be starting him is when they face CLE in Week 8 for obvious reasons.

Until then he will not be needed to win games.

That defense is gonna eat Baker alive. I'm not even sure KC will put up a huge fight.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sSektor said:

That defense is gonna eat Baker alive. I'm not even sure KC will put up a huge fight.

I’m hoping they’ll let Josh ball out.

1 hour ago, Foppatosakic said:

Anyone a little worried with the Watson release? Perhaps they are  making room for another WR? Green?

lol no way pats trade for injured riddled green.

1 hour ago, Foppatosakic said:

Anyone a little worried with the Watson release? Perhaps they are  making room for another WR? Green?

They need a TE a lot more than they need a WR

Gronk if I had to guess.

The patriots couldnt afford to keep Watson due to cap reasons. aka antonio Brown $$$

48 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

Weather on Thursday is supposed to just awful. Rain and 30-40mph winds. 

Not good, dude. 

I don't know where you are getting those numbers. The winds are only supposed to be 20 MPH.

This makes me quite torn. This is a very good matchup and if you are ever going to start Gordon this would be it. However, wind doesn't treat the air game well. 

Eh, I thought I had made up mind to put JG on the bench this week. 

What is worse?  Watching him blow up on your bench on Thursday night and then you're obsessing that you should have started him all throughout the weekend?  Or putting him in, watch him flop like he usually does, and then you're pissed off until Sunday?

If he goes off on your bench, that's because you thought that your team had a better option, and there's always the possibility that option could go off as well.  To lock JG in on Thursday and have his usual meh game would be annoying.

Then of course we can play the reverse psychology game, that by typing this here that means he'll blow up on Thursday.  So into the lineup he goes?

Even if Brady only throws 20 times because of the weather (I would think this would be on the low/conservative side) I still think Gordon gets around 5 targets? 3 catches for 40 yards as a "low". realistic upside could be 10 targets (who else is there? Edelmen and white?) 100 yards and a TD.

I'm starting

Starting Josh,  jesus christ here we go again . I just don’t have better options for this week. Just give me 10 pts , is it really to much to ask Mr. Flash ?

THU

OCT 10
Rain
53°51°
100%
NNE 19 mph 87%

UV INDEX SUNRISE SUNSET MOONRISE MOONSET

2 of 10
6:51 am
6:11 pm
5:15 pm
3:26 am

Rain. High 53F. Winds NNE at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 100%. 1 to 2 inches of rain expected. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.

Yeah whatever. I have no one else playing neither do my opponents so i'm going to start him just to have a reason to watch the s--- fest.

Is it good reasoning? No. Should I start him? Most likely not. However, it is what it is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thought he was a must start this week but that weather looks brutal. Tom Brady's noodle going against wind isn't ideal. Seems like another Edelman/White kind of game. Smh

42 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Starting Josh,  jesus christ here we go again . I just don’t have better options for this week. Just give me 10 pts , is it really to much to ask Mr. Flash ?

my other option is tate - the other side of the same, fished out of the sewer, coin.

I think Gordon is going to be fine ROS, but I just got off this train. Got a steal of a trade off his name value, but I think he's going to put up WR2 numbers as the Pats schedule toughens up a bit 

4 minutes ago, yahyahtrick said:

I think Gordon is going to be fine ROS, but I just got off this train. Got a steal of a trade off his name value, but I think he's going to put up WR2 numbers as the Pats schedule toughens up a bit 

What were you able to get for him? I think he's going to be fine too, but it's nice to see what others value him at. 

59 minutes ago, this guy right here said:
THU

OCT 10
Rain
53°51°
100%
NNE 19 mph 87%

UV INDEX SUNRISE SUNSET MOONRISE MOONSET

2 of 10
6:51 am
6:11 pm
5:15 pm
3:26 am

Rain. High 53F. Winds NNE at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 100%. 1 to 2 inches of rain expected. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.

To people who understand this in context better, how bad does this sound?

5 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

I'm not really buying that UV Index number. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

Moderately bad.

Rain isn't a real concern for any football game. Teams play all the time in rain and even some snow and there is little correlation to performance. The real correlation starts to show when winds reach 20+ MPH and that is when performance starts to decline across the board especially for QBs and thus WRs. This is really simple as both teams have to fight the rain equally. Defenders cannot see as well and it makes it a lot harder to follow the QB and the WRs which causes the impact to cancel out. However, wind only tremendously impacts how the ball moves in the air resulting in bad throws. 

So the wind is getting up there in terms of being something to worry about but I wouldn't worry about the rain. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dislimb said:

I remember a certain week 6 game where the Patriots played in the snow with 25 mph winds where Brady threw for 380 yards and 6 TDs.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200910180nwe.htm

I’m not concerned with the Patriots when they play in crappy weather.

I've got unfortunately both Edelman and Gordon.  If they be like Welker and Moss in that game, I'd be a happy camper.  But it's hard to start both of these guys at the same time.

If there's weather, you've got to think that short passes to Edelman and White are probably more likely than deep tosses to Gordon.  Might not be a great time to play him if you have other options.

Currently a favorite buy-low for many analysts and is ranked in the top 15 WR for the week.

Rotoworld hivemind thinks he's washed because he's not vastly outproducing his ADP

Wonder who is being more rational about this whole situation

giphy.gif

• Like 1