Jump to content
Rotoworld.com Forums

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

 

A slant is a pass with low air yards. 

image.png.579b7e636ea3f30b838106487dc2c581.png

 

Obviously Gordon doesn't look as fast anymore and this has already been mentioned multiple times but that highlight is just another indication that he doesn't look extremely fast in general. He takes such huge and smooth strides that it looks like he is jogging. It's the same thing with Harden in the NBA where due to it looking effortless it looks like he is playing really slow. So while concluding he has lost a step may be fair concluding he is slow is baloney. When he runs he looks slower in general. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm firing him up everywhere.

😂🤣😂🤣😂     

Mods coming into this thread:  

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

 

A slant is a pass with low air yards.

 

I'm familiar with the terminology.  I think he had one great slant catch last week running across the field to the right side?  Or the week before?  You think I would remember since they are few and far between.  I don't know if he's slower, he's not being given the opportunity in the right situations, he has seemingly so many 'almost TDs' that obviously don't count for anything, etc.  The GOAT has more trust in Edelman.

14 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

If you expect a guy on a football forum to hit a target from 30 yards you need to be put into a psych ward.

Uh...my comment to the dude was obviously sarcasm.  I wouldn't even trust the GOAT to hit a target 30 yards downfield in 20 mph winds.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CooL said:

Uh...my comment to the dude was obviously sarcasm.  I wouldn't even trust the GOAT to hit a target 30 yards downfield in 20 mph winds.

My reply was sarcasm as well. It's difficult to detect a form of speech dependent on tone through text I suppose.

Link to post
Share on other sites

For what it's worth from the weather Channel app. 

Oct 10 Foxborough, Mass. 

8-11pm.

 

The ball will absolutely be slick but the wind is being blown (get it? Wind, blown) way out of proportion. 

Screenshot_20191010-121119.png

Edited by Mrmann1
.
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, CooL said:

Please report at 8 pm on the wind and if you can hit a target 30 yards away.  Fantasy lineups hinge on it.

 

37 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

If you expect a guy on a football forum to hit a target from 30 yards you need to be put into a psych ward.

 

I can, if the target is a house.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Eddie Mush said:

I haven't seen anything above 17 mph winds tonight, idk where you guys are coming up with 25-30 mph winds. Does windy automatically mean josh gordon won't get targets? I see a 5-75 game tonight.

 

39 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

 

A slant is a pass with low air yards. 

image.png.579b7e636ea3f30b838106487dc2c581.png

 

Yup Im not starting JG anymore, but I’m excited to finally see a primetime game with the pats. I’ll be watching an monitoring his usage closely. 

If they don’t start using him in slant routes then it’s done. They only see him as a big play guy. I can’t stand another 5-75 game. He needs to get into the end zone. It’s only a matter of time 

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

If you expect a guy on a football forum to hit a target from 30 yards you need to be put into a psych ward.

 

6 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

I can, if the target is a house.

 

3 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

I'll bet you I can throw a football over them mountains.

 

You really can't throw a ball 30 yards in a straight line?  Have you ever tried?  It's not that difficult unless you have tiny hands.  Getting it to actually land where you want is the trick, hence my joke about the house. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Iron-cock said:

 

 

 

You really can't throw a ball 30 yards in a straight line?  Have you ever tried?  It's not that difficult unless you have tiny hands.  Getting it to actually land where you want is the trick, hence my joke about the house. 

I can. If coach woulda put me in the fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, CooL said:

Uh...my comment to the dude was obviously sarcasm.  I wouldn't even trust the GOAT to hit a target 30 yards downfield in 20 mph winds.

 

It would be pretty neat if we got live weather reports from rotoworld members, especially @pdog109.

Edited by Iron-cock
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gohawks said:

I can. If coach woulda put me in the fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.

 

Well, the Girls softball coach can be an a-hole I suppose.

Edited by Iron-cock
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, FouLLine said:

He's getting targeted he just isn't hauling the ball in... What's up with this dude?  I'm about to drop him in my more shallow league.

 

5 hours ago, StevieStats said:

54% catch rate... Career 53%... It's who he is.

 

Yup.  To bring the convo back around to Josh Gordon, I was looking at his advanced stats.  Most of his stuff looks similar to last year, except "Yards before catch per reception"  which has fallen from 11.4 to 8.5.  He's still breaking tackles at a good rate (6.2 per rec puts him in the top 10).  He's just catching balls closer to the LOS.

 

Anecdotally, watching him it looks like he's been playing hurt.  I know he's on the injury report lately, for whatever that means from the Pats.

 

spacer.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

 

 

Yup.  To bring the convo back around to Josh Gordon, I was looking at his advanced stats.  Most of his stuff looks similar to last year, except "Yards before catch per reception"  which has fallen from 11.4 to 8.5.  He's still breaking tackles at a good rate (6.2 per rec puts him in the top 10).  He's just catching balls closer to the LOS.

 

Anecdotally, watching him it looks like he's been playing hurt.  I know he's on the injury report lately, for whatever that means from the Pats.

 

spacer.png

This year like many people predicted he has taken some of Gronks routes.  Last year he was strictly used on the outside.  Explains the YBC drop.

At this point is it really he's injured?? We have almost a 16 game sample size.  I think we just have to come to the conclusion he simply isn't the same explosive player we saw 6 years ago and probably will never be.  Guess taking 5 years off football isn't a good thing to do in a career.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, youngrice said:

This year like many people predicted he has taken some of Gronks routes.  Last year he was strictly used on the outside.  Explains the YBC drop.

At this point is it really he's injured?? We have almost a 16 game sample size.  I think we just have to come to the conclusion he simply isn't the same explosive player we saw 6 years ago and probably will never be.  Guess taking 5 years off football isn't a good thing to do in a career.

 

He was getting 10.4 yards per target in his career year with the Browns.

Last year with the pats he was getting 10.6 yards per target with the Pats.

This year he's down to 8.

 

The big difference in his 2013 season (career year) was the number of targets he was getting.  He was on pace for 183 targets, which has only happened 11 times in the past 20 years.

 

It's either that he's injured, running different routes, lost a step or just a coincidence of the gamescripts he's been in. 

 

He's still breaking tackles like a mofo though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Godwin, OBJ, Gallup as of now.  Trying to figure out Gallup or Gordon or JuJu.

Yeah it all depends. Benching Gordon isn't that big of a deal it's not like he was a 3rd round pick or higher. For me I either throw in Diggs or Goodwin in one league and Auden Tate or Robby in another. I'll take my chances with Gordon. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Godwin, OBJ, Gallup as of now.  Trying to figure out Gallup or Gordon or JuJu.

LOL.  So you are sitting JG for Gordon or OBJ, both who were drafted higher than JG?  And Godwin who is like a top 3 WR this year?  I'd probably take a chance on JG before OBJ given his struggles.

I'd probably start WRs like Juju, Landry, Courtland Sutton, Terry McLaurin all over JG.  He's been that mediocre.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Iron-cock said:

 

He was getting 10.4 yards per target in his career year with the Browns.

Last year with the pats he was getting 10.6 yards per target with the Pats.

This year he's down to 8.

 

The big difference in his 2013 season (career year) was the number of targets he was getting.  He was on pace for 183 targets, which has only happened 11 times in the past 20 years.

 

It's either that he's injured, running different routes, lost a step or just a coincidence of the gamescripts he's been in. 

 

He's still breaking tackles like a mofo though.

I think he's lost a step. That isn't that big of a deal though as Gordon was so much above even elite WRs that Gordon with a step lost is still an elite WR. The main issue is that gamescripts have been down this year and he has no TDs. I think he will be fine. He still has WR1 upside. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CooL said:

LOL.  So you are sitting JG for Gordon or OBJ, both who were drafted higher than JG?  And Godwin who is like a top 3 WR this year?  I'd probably take a chance on JG before OBJ given his struggles.

I'd probably start WRs like Juju, Landry, Courtland Sutton, Terry McLaurin all over JG.  He's been that mediocre.

No way am I taking JuJu. He needs to break some huge play or you are getting like 3 points from him. Gordon can still give you double digit points and if he breaks a big one which he is very capable of you are looking at 20+. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...