DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2019 Outlook

8 minutes ago, BornandbredHeel said:

Any injury update?

Pats don’t play until monday so you shouldn’t really expect anything until thursday or friday. But he’s probably fine considering he was on the bike ready to go back in and we would have heard about an MRI by now if it was serious.

Not cutting.  But doubtful I'll start again.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, whadeeb said:

time to say goodbye my friend 

Well then that settles it.

Queue up Andrea Bocelli (as required by law any time this phrase is uttered on an internet message board forum; no exceptions apply - See 55 U.S.C. § 306.1614)

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

It would be nice if the Patriots were ever in a legit game that required throwing the ball for all 4 quarters and not have the defense score tds to blow the game wide open. 

That too. 

• Like 2

Yep, I’ll never start this guy over Jeffery again. Let’s hope Gordon has a huge game, so we can ship this dude off!

My favorite kind of fantasy asset — can’t start, can’t drop, can’t trade.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

It would be nice if the Patriots were ever in a legit game that required throwing the ball for all 4 quarters and not have the defense score tds to blow the game wide open. 

That really isn't the problem at all. New England attempts the 6th most passes per game this year and Brady has only thrown under 36 times once this year. Game script has nothing to do with Gordon's lack of production. A 55% catch rate and Brady's declined arm strength and inability to throw the deep ball has alot to do with it. Gordon averages 2.6 yards of separation which isn't good when paired up with a QB who doesn't have arm strength. Brady is happy to throw short/intermediate routes all day, that's what this offense is built around. Believe it, if Brady could hit Gordon deep, it doesn't matter what the score was or what quarter it was, he'd do it. The patriots are not bashful at all about putting up points, ever. Gordon just isn't a good fit for this offense. 

Edited by Nickmo
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Nickmo said:

That really isn't the problem at all. New England attempts the 6th most passes per game this year and Brady has only thrown under 36 times once this year. Game script has nothing to do with Gordon's lack of production. A 55% catch rate and Brady's declined arm strength and inability to throw the deep ball has alot to do with it. Gordon averages 2.6 yards of separation which isn't good when paired up with a QB who doesn't have arm strength. Brady is happy to throw short/intermediate routes all day, that's what this offense is built around. Believe it, if Brady could hit Gordon deep, it doesn't matter what the score was or what quarter it was, he'd do it. The patriots are not bashful at all about putting up points, ever. Gordon just isn't a good fit for this offense. 

this is a great post. unfortunately at this point in his career Brady just can't take advantage of the things Gordon is good at. 

• Like 1

was so excited to put him on the bench, then looked at the giant holes on my roster due to byes.

Damn't

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, eg4190 said:

Ronald Jones... is that you?

14 hours ago, eg4190 said:

The turd you can't bear to flush. 

On 10/14/2019 at 5:16 PM, eg4190 said:

Ive been trying to figure this out all day. I just have a feeling if i drop him, he will have a big second half of the year. But im leaning towards dumping him for one of the waiver wire darts at WR this week.

Edited by bradleyc024

10 minutes ago, bradleyc024 said:

Ive been trying to figure this out all day. I just have a feeling if i drop him, he will have a big second half of the year. But im leaning towards dumping him for one of the waiver wire darts at WR this week.

The issue here is that where he's dropped, he instantly becomes the best WR available on the wire. In his five healthy games, he's averaged  7 targets from Tom Brady in the league's best offense. History tells us to chase those stats over, say, an Alan Lazard type WR who might currently be available.

Which is not to say Flash is a lock to outscore Lazard the rest of the way. Far from it. It's just that, looking at it from the point of view of a guy who doesn't own Flash, but does own Demarcus Robinson, you wouldn't think twice about making that waiver claim.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/14/2019 at 5:04 PM, tpat30 said:

Yep, I’ll never start this guy over Jeffery again. Let’s hope Gordon has a huge game, so we can ship this dude off!

Lol don’t nobody want Gordon. Robbie Anderson got more value than this dude. Even crowder 

gordon is a drop. They hardly even use him 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HOF12 said:

Lol don’t nobody want Gordon. Robbie Anderson got more value than this dude. Even crowder 

gordon is a drop. They hardly even use him 

What? He gets a decent amount of targets. Sucks but it just hasn’t materialized for him.

Are people dropping juju?

7 minutes ago, eg4190 said:

The issue here is that where he's dropped, he instantly becomes the best WR available on the wire. In his five healthy games, he's averaged  7 targets from Tom Brady in the league's best offense. History tells us to chase those stats over, say, an Alan Lazard type WR who might currently be available.

Which is not to say Flash is a lock to outscore Lazard the rest of the way. Far from it. It's just that, looking at it from the point of view of a guy who doesn't own Flash, but does own Demarcus Robinson, you wouldn't think twice about making that waiver claim.

Finally some sense. It seems like most play 10 team leagues. He’d be a good waiver pickup in 12+ teamers 

39 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Finally some sense. It seems like most play 10 team leagues. He’d be a good waiver pickup in 12+ teamers 

3 people have already tried to buy him low off me in my 10 teamer. The overreactions are strong. 

• Like 1

It's super fascinating to me. People will drop a guy like Gordon who is around the 50th ranked WR for some guy that is ranked around...50? Despite Gordon having 10x the upside of that guy.

But no go ahead. Make a statement. Show your league how good you are at fantasy football by dropping Gordon and then show them how bad you are at fantasy football by the end of the year by dropping Gordon.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

It's super fascinating to me. People will drop a guy like Gordon who is around the 50th ranked WR for some guy that is ranked around...50? Despite Gordon having 10x the upside of that guy.

But no go ahead. Make a statement. Show your league how good you are at fantasy football by dropping Gordon and then show them how bad you are at fantasy football by the end of the year by dropping Gordon.

Where does the confidence come from that Gordon still has 10x the upside of young nobodies?

3 minutes ago, devaster said:

Where does the confidence come from that Gordon still has 10x the upside of young nobodies?

Because even last year week 7 on Gordon was a WR2? This was after joining the team in the middle of the season with no chemistry. The logical conclusion is that his ceiling his higher than that. The issue this year has been game flow just as much as anything and that is going to start changing this week. However, i'd like to see you make a better case for guys like Corey Davis, Hardman, Allison, Coutee, and whatever else you can find on the wire. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bhawks489 said:

What? He gets a decent amount of targets. Sucks but it just hasn’t materialized for him.

Are people dropping juju?

I got juju in my other league I’m damn near ready to drop also 🤦🏽‍♂️ Offered him for John brown when he was on bye and got denied. 

Josh gordon is in the same boat. Don’t be afraid to drop him. WR get dropped everyday B 

1 minute ago, HOF12 said:

I got juju in my other league I’m damn near ready to drop also 🤦🏽‍♂️ Offered him for John brown when he was on bye and got denied. 

Josh gordon is in the same boat. Don’t be afraid to drop him. WR get dropped everyday B 

Alright but i looked at the circumstances and decided he is better value on my bench than the other options on the wire.

6 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Because even last year week 7 on Gordon was a WR2? This was after joining the team in the middle of the season with no chemistry. The logical conclusion is that his ceiling his higher than that. The issue this year has been game flow just as much as anything and that is going to start changing this week. However, i'd like to see you make a better case for guys like Corey Davis, Hardman, Allison, Coutee, and whatever else you can find on the wire. 

Oh? Now the Patriots will air it out more?