DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2019 Outlook

Nobody, especially not NESN beat writers, are reliable for Pats injury predictions. Last season Rapaport said Gordon would be benched for the 1st half of a monday game and he ended up starting and playing the entire thing. I would wait until tomorrow to call it for Josh this week considering they play monday.

Dropped. Talk about turning the page.. I think I’ve reached for dude since the season. Gonna use the roster spot as just one of those shameless waiver wire moves for the flavor of the week. For reference, I picked up Samwise Darnold to see how he fairs against the best def in anticipation for action Jackson’s bye next week. Best of luck to the rest of you. They might finally have to put up points and I could be proved dead wrong, but I doubt it. Horrible line play on top of horrible usage (for fantasy purposes)

1 hour ago, itschief33 said:

Dropped. Talk about turning the page.. I think I’ve reached for dude since the season. Gonna use the roster spot as just one of those shameless waiver wire moves for the flavor of the week. For reference, I picked up Samwise Darnold to see how he fairs against the best def in anticipation for action Jackson’s bye next week. Best of luck to the rest of you. They might finally have to put up points and I could be proved dead wrong, but I doubt it. Horrible line play on top of horrible usage (for fantasy purposes)

You are correct Sir we shall see.  Either Josh Gordon owners who hold will be rewarded or they will be greatly disappointed.  I'm holding Josh simply for depth purposes because there is no one on waivers at this juncture in the season right now that offers his upside.

Just remember patient  Digg owners were rewarded who stuck with him.  It happens every year.  

Edit: And there are a lot of WRs who are under-performing without being injured. 

Hard to put Josh's head on the guillotine when we don't know how he would have performed if he hadn't gotten injured.     

Edited by theSPANKER
  • Like 1

For all we know, Josh Gordon suffered a serious knee injury against the Giants.  He left the game, did not return (although he rode a stationary bike) did not practice at all so far this week, and is unlikely to play Monday.

Beyond that, what do we have?  This is the Patriots.  They are never up-front about injured players.

5 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

For all we know, Josh Gordon suffered a serious knee injury against the Giants.  He left the game, did not return (although he rode a stationary bike) did not practice at all so far this week, and is unlikely to play Monday.

Beyond that, what do we have?  This is the Patriots.  They are never up-front about injured players.

He's not on injured reserve yet so that's encouraging I guess. No other organization is as tight-lipped about injuries though.

1 minute ago, sSektor said:

He's not on injured reserve yet so that's encouraging I guess. No other organization is as tight-lipped about injuries though.

Correct.  Next: when is the last time Josh Gordon had a truly big game?  I think his ship may have sailed, health or no.

• Like 1

When are MNF players usually ruled out by? I’d rather IR him but I’m going to need to drop him due to byes. No one wants to inherit a player that wasn’t producing and is now injured.

I imagine it was the layoff after layoff that did him in ultimately. It is football, so who knows... Maybe he becomes closer to what he was in Cleveland.  But he's just a shell currently.  He hasn't done anything of note in New England so far.  

Edited by mikeflavaz

6 hours ago, kidsgotsoul said:

When are MNF players usually ruled out by? I’d rather IR him but I’m going to need to drop him due to byes. No one wants to inherit a player that wasn’t producing and is now injured.

Just drop him. I did and it was the best thing i could have done. He’s just clogging up your roster. You think you have a good match up every other week and then it turns out they don’t throw to him. Someone else will pick him up and then it’ll be their problem. If they played Gordon against me I’d be fine with it. He isn’t going to get you 18-20 points at the most 14 and even then he hardly hits that number 

Edited by HOF12

29 minutes ago, sSektor said:

🤔

He goes deep as does Dorsett but Brady can only throw 5 yard routes and screens. Not a complicated problem to figure out.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

He goes deep as does Dorsett but Brady can only throw 5 yard routes and screens. Not a complicated problem to figure out.

Brady absolutely can still throw a decent deep ball the only problem is he won't bother going for it if the o-line collapses within 2 seconds.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Yeah, because his o-line is horrendous: until that is fixed nothing will change 

2 hours ago, sSektor said:

Brady absolutely can still throw a decent deep ball the only problem is he won't bother going for it if the o-line collapses within 2 seconds.

I’ll believe it when I see it.

Gordon will come back and have a strong 2nd half to the season. Im not off the wagon. Im a True Gordonite. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, sSektor said:

https://youtu.be/i5s6DqIrybo?t=531

I mean this is from this past game. Brady can make almost any throw with enough time despite what the haters want to believe lol

That wouldn’t be a good thing though for this thread. Not that you were insinuating that.. but if he can make every throw regardless, all the more reason to kick Gordon to the curb.

50 minutes ago, sSektor said:

https://youtu.be/i5s6DqIrybo?t=531

I mean this is from this past game. Brady can make almost any throw with enough time despite what the haters want to believe lol

I had a feeling you’d link a throw that the WR had to make an amazing catch on since it was over thrown. 

6 hours ago, sSektor said:

🤔

So you're saying I should pick up Jakeem Grant?

19 minutes ago, Corleone said:

So you're saying I should pick up Jakeem Grant?

League Winner (in ppts leagues)

• Like 1

I own Gordon in three leagues. Needless to say, it's been a very disappointing season, so far. I'm holding on in two leagues, but injuries and bye weeks in my third league are forcing me to drop him. There are a few solid, promising WRs on the waiver wire, so I should be okay, if I can't get Gordon back.

Here's hoping Gordon gets healthy soon and the Pats start using him like the WR1 he can be.