DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2019 Outlook

No way is he done. He’s still only 28. Definitely can see plenty teams signing him. Seahawks or Texans should be on the phone with his agent.

• Haha 2

Packers would be a nice spot to land 🙏

• Like 3

12 hours ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I just don't see playing professional football like working at the DMV where you can hide out and wait to go to lunch.

Josh is insanely talented.  No question.  But his lack of desire to play football and his intense desire to smoke weed are appearing to me at least to make that talent irrelevant.

That guy from 2013 is gone.

But that guy in 2013 was literally smoking and drinking before games so....

Just now, Grayson2401 said:

But that guy in 2013 was literally smoking and drinking before games so....

Sure.

But as you get older the "talent" vs "distractions" scale can tilt.

Just now, JE7HorseGod said:

Sure.

But as you get older the "talent" vs "distractions" scale can tilt.

Yes, but I think it tilts at both an early age and older age. At 28, he should be at the peak combination of maturity and physical prime.

Maybe there is something behind the scenes we are unaware of, but by all accounts, Gordon has been clean, well studied, liked by teammates, and a hard worker. 

1 minute ago, Grayson2401 said:

Yes, but I think it tilts at both an early age and older age. At 28, he should be at the peak combination of maturity and physical prime.

Maybe there is something behind the scenes we are unaware of, but by all accounts, Gordon has been clean, well studied, liked by teammates, and a hard worker. 

Generally, that might be true.  But we're talking about a specific person, and the on field results wouldn't bear out that he's a better football player holistically then he was in 2013.

Maybe that's an issue of circumstance, physical degradation, or mental commitment to the game.

But you'd be hard pressed to say that in any game this year you saw the guy who played against Jacksonville that year.

Isn’t his knee and ankle hurt? 

Questions

Is he not on IR, I thought that meant hes out for like 8 weeks?

If not when exactly would we see him on the field again for whatever team he lands with?

3 minutes ago, Krambone said:

Isn’t his knee and ankle hurt? 

Yep. The Pats didn't disclose that he had bone bruises since before the Giants game injury. Takes 1-2 months to fully recover from even if he can play through it and throwing the ankle injury on top sucks. 

23 hours ago, Gandalfthecat said:

Bad, bad not good. 

23 hours ago, sSektor said:

Ben Volin is the biggest joke in Boston sports media. 

Source: I live in New England and everyone knows Ben Volin is a joke

21 hours ago, sSektor said:

Please never use Volin as a source for anything Pats related. The local bagel shop owner in New York probably knows as much.

Seems like somebody owes Ben Volin a fruit basket.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TTo34 said:

Seems like somebody owes Ben Volin a fruit basket.

Something something blind squirrels and a nut.

Ben Volin is still a terrible source for anything Pats related. Schefter is the only person that has actual Patriots sources and doesn't throw stuff out there until something eventually sticks.

I still don’t understand why they don’t at least explore trade options for him. Or perhaps they did and there were no takers, so thus they banish him to IR for a while and then release? Who determines how long he is on IR? I thought there was a report that said he was already medically cleared and was running 22 mph on the treadmill.

1 hour ago, sSektor said:

Yep. The Pats didn't disclose that he had bone bruises since before the Giants game injury. Takes 1-2 months to fully recover from even if he can play through it and throwing the ankle injury on top sucks. 

Didn't he get hurt trying to stop that defensive touchdown on a TB12 strip sack a few weeks ago?  

YUysDKZsgutjoCt6?format=jpg&name=small

32 minutes ago, jumper said:

Didn't he get hurt trying to stop that defensive touchdown on a TB12 strip sack a few weeks ago?  

YUysDKZsgutjoCt6?format=jpg&name=small

Yeah. That's what he gets for actually playing hard and putting his body on the line for his team.

The Patriots have 2019 first-round pick wide receiver N’Keal Harry eligible to return from injured reserve next week. The Patriots already have Julian Edelman, Phillip Dorsett, Mohamed Sanu, Jakobi Meyers, Gunner Olszewski, Matthew Slater and practice squad wideout Devin Ross on their team. So, was Harry’s return a factor in removing Gordon from the roster? “We’re not going to carry 10 receivers on the team,” Belichick said. “So, something’s going to have to happen. I don’t know what. I can’t imagine we’d carry that many players at one position. At some point, numbers have to become a factor when they get high. It’s the National Football League. This isn’t college.”

“We’re not going to carry 10 receivers on the team,” Belichick said. “So, something’s going to have to happen. I don’t know what. I can’t imagine we’d carry that many players at one position. At some point, numbers have to become a factor when they get high. It’s the National Football League. This isn’t college.”

Read more at: https://nesn.com/2019/10/bill-belichick-discusses-timeline-patriots-decision-to-ir-josh-gordon/

Freudian slip?

i72b82H.gif?noredirect

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think it’s time to drop this dude for a high upside RB handcuff. Holding him means you think he’ll get healthy, is waived/traded, learns a new playbook, and lands in a situation where he’ll produce more than 3-30 and actually be featured. Not going to happen IMO.

I dropped him for AJ Brown when the initial IR news came out and can say that for the first time in forever I am officially off the Flash hype train. Do I regret dropping him right away before the possible release news came out? Yeah, but I don't have time to wait for him to get healthy then acclimated to a new team. Really do hope he ends up with a team and gets paid but I can only take so much heartbreak 😢

4 minutes ago, sSektor said:

I dropped him for AJ Brown when the initial IR news came out and can say that for the first time in forever I am officially off the Flash hype train. Do I regret dropping him right away before the possible release news came out? Yeah, but I don't have time to wait for him to get healthy then acclimated to a new team. Really do hope he ends up with a team and gets paid but I can only take so much heartbreak 😢

I dropped him for a random WR I'd never play, so today I picked him back up. Just going to wait and see what happens till I have to make a move, which is Week 10 when I hit a bye week disaster. Our FA pool is just garbage right now so as much as I'd like off this train... choo choo.

2 minutes ago, altmin said:

I dropped him for a random WR I'd never play, so today I picked him back up. Just going to wait and see what happens till I have to make a move, which is Week 10 when I hit a bye week disaster. Our FA pool is just garbage right now so as much as I'd like off this train... choo choo.

https://www.positivityblog.com/let-go-less-pain/

I'd like to try and understand the best case scenario as I don't fully understand the IR rules.

Say he's healthy today, Gordon could be waived/released, which would remove the IR designation(?) rules on when he's able to return, and then another team could potentially pick him up and he would be able to play as soon as he's medically cleared/coach approves?

So best case scenario sounds like - medically cleared - dropped - picked up off waivers - learns playbook/new team - plays. This could take maybe 2 weeks at best?

What are your guys thoughts? Thinking about dropping for Bonafon or Armstead

10 minutes ago, Gravy said:

I think next year he will be a league winner

This is the important take. Let's fire up his 2020 Season Outlook, boys. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, sSektor said:

Honestly this is a good move, as I did the same in one of my leagues. 

Also keep in mind this week marks the half-way point in the FF season. How much longer can you possibly wait for something to happen?