DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2019 Outlook

56 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Davante Adams (toe) isn't believed to be dealing with a serious injury.

Specifically, Rapoport stated, "Adams had his MRI today on his toe injury, and sources say it’s not believed to be serious. The team will be careful with their star pass-catcher. But if he misses time, it may not be much." This doesn't help with setting up a timetable for Adams' return, but the good news is that he doesn't appear to be a candidate to miss a ton of time.

Sep 27, 2019, 4:37 PM ET

I wouldn't put too much faith in the cRap Sheet

turf toe is not a serious injury. the injury will not end a season, it will not end a career. it is literally a sprain of the toe, or rather a sprain of the joint when the toe is hyper-extended. it is however painful, and it requires immobilization to ensure proper healing. depending on the grade, turf toe can knock a player off the field for 1-4 weeks. we know this because we've seen turf toe for years. it's nothing new.

but if you don't take rapoport's report as an indicator of clarity, i'd suggest the fact that josh gordon is running 22mph on the treadmill clarifies the lack of severity in his condition.

45 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

It's half and he's still not back yet....Four weeks is serious. Four weeks is almost a third of the fantasy season. He may miss more.

The argument was you can trust Rapoport. This is clear evidence you can't.

Four weeks isn't serious for a winning team and Raps tweet obviously doesn't give a s--- about the fantasy timeline. He left it vague enough so he could say he was right if Adams comes back in under 8 weeks. 

But yeah it was established you couldn't trust Rap long before this.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sSektor said:

Uh what?

I’d drop Gordon for a kicker.  Why do you guys even have him rostered?  He’s been a waiver wire jag all year.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What has Josh Gordon done when healthy and with Tom Brady at quarterback this year?  Oh, that's right.  Next to nothing.

And RW says Josh Gordon is worth a bench stash to see where he ends up.  Hilarious.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Rickydragon said:

I’d drop Gordon for a kicker.  Why do you guys even have him rostered?  He’s been a waiver wire jag all year.  

Reading comprehension. I was confused as to how Bonafon and Gallman are considered high upside stashes as opposed to generic handcuffs.

8 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

spacer.png

He seems to have made Tom Brady better

It's almost like he draws coverage deep or something.

• Like 2

He had 20 catches in 6 games this year.  Granted, that sixth game he last a millisecond due to actually trying to help his team due to TB's stupid fumble.  But still, for the season, esteemed guys like Devante Parker / Preston Williams, Cole Beasley, AJ Brown / Corey Davis, Auden Tate, even Chris Conley and Zach Pascal have outproduced him.  Trey Quinn has 23 receptions on the year and I think most everybody will agree that dude stinks.  Most of these guys were probably available on your waivers this week.  Any of the Miami or Tenn receivers seem to be in a better situation than Gordon - they are healthy, and they are already the #1 or 2 on their respective teams.  Gordon has to get healthy (which sources say he will in 1-2 weeks), have a team pick him up, he has to learn the playbook, and then become that team's #1 or 2.  That's going to take a while.  He didn't exactly light the league on fire when he got to the Pats last year.

When you look at Yahoo and ESPN adds and you see today that Gordon is being added in droves while for the last two days he was being dropped like stinky poop, it's easy to second guess the decision and wonder if you need to add him back.  I'd take a shot on any of those other listed guys, especially the Miami and Tennessee WRs before adding Gordon back.  This is not 2013.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, sSektor said:

Reading comprehension. I was confused as to how Bonafon and Gallman are considered high upside stashes as opposed to generic handcuffs.

Any rb that can takeover the starting job has upside because of volume.  Gallman’s a jag but started one game and put up a week winning line.  JG has little to no upside whatsoever.  He’s slow and past his prime.  A complete sucker bet.  

8 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

What has Josh Gordon done when healthy and with Tom Brady at quarterback this year?  Oh, that's right.  Next to nothing.

And RW says Josh Gordon is worth a bench stash to see where he ends up.  Hilarious.

If you want a 2013 Gordon you need to give him 2013 targets. What was Gordon's max targets this year in a game, 8? Old man Brady can't sling the ball deep anymore. I knew going into the season he would be meh with the Patriots and would be so much more productive on a different team (fantasy wise). I would bet a large sum of money that if he gets on a team that has a hucker (like Fitzmagic) throwing it too him, he'll far surpass his production than he had with Brady. Only slot guys and TEs are fantasy productive with Brady, at least in his twilight years..

• Like 4

1007 Yds and 4 TD in 17 games with Brady.

This guy is a physically talented freak, but it's not happening in 2019 as a member of a new team . Maybe never again.

Use your IR spot for Darius Guice or bench spot for a RB stash instead on Josh.

My 2 cents

1 hour ago, KidDynamite420 said:

If you want a 2013 Gordon you need to give him 2013 targets. What was Gordon's max targets this year in a game, 8? Old man Brady can't sling the ball deep anymore. I knew going into the season he would be meh with the Patriots and would be so much more productive on a different team (fantasy wise). I would bet a large sum of money that if he gets on a team that has a hucker (like Fitzmagic) throwing it too him, he'll far surpass his production than he had with Brady. Only slot guys and TEs are fantasy productive with Brady, at least in his twilight years..

This basically , wrap it up folks

The problem with Gordon on the Pats was the O-line: Brady very rarely had the time to look deep enough for Gordon...

5 hours ago, KidDynamite420 said:

I agree. This is why im holding. Waiting to see Where he goes. Can be a league winner if hes actually targeted alot .

9ers or GB is ideal. Shanahan is at least familiar with Gordon because of 2014. GB because Adams is the only WR worth anything. These and maybe Philly are places where he could begin contributing sooner rather than later.

Romo threw shade at him while he was announcing this Sunday. Said something along the lines of "Gordon's not getting any separation". Which I hate to say it but I did notice that when I watched him play. Always had guys draped all over him for contested catches. Probably explains his 52% catch rate (or something like that).

Pats finally released him. Now just gotta pray he doesn't get picked up by a completely garbage team.

Just now, sSektor said:

Pats finally released him. Now just gotta pray he doesn't get picked up by a completely garbage team.

Chicago, or Miami.. Watch. Lol