DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2019 Outlook

14 minutes ago, CroNY said:

Whose taking Josh Gordon on that list you just put out? Not trying to be argumentative but who would you say, the first three are tanking hard, Falcons , Giants, Chargers, Bucs, Browns have 0 need for him. Jets?

I like the idea of the Giants taking him. Sterling Shep has always struck me as a complimentary piece, and Gordon/Shep/Tate(slot) looks like it works on paper. Gordon wouldn't be the #1 there like Julio is, but more like Jeffery is. I like Slayton though, so I suspect the Giants do as well.

I'd bet his agent has put it out there that he is only interested in a few situations and do not bother claiming him unless it is one of those spots.

I hope he goes to the packers for fantasy sake. Rodgers slinging it to him? Sign me up 

This was mentioned before by another community member, and I agreed with it: when watching Josh play this year it just didn't seem like his heart was in the game. I don't know if it's true, but he didn't seem to have the same pep in his step or competitive hunger showing up in his play, route running and especially catching the football and taking contact. I hope the best for him but I probably won't be investing in fantasy.

If he was still 75% of the player he could be, and/or wasn't having issues come back up, I'm confident the Pats would not have dumped a very valuable draft pick for Sanu.

3 minutes ago, andypro77 said:

I like the idea of the Giants taking him. Sterling Shep has always struck me as a complimentary piece, and Gordon/Shep/Tate(slot) looks like it works on paper. Gordon wouldn't be the #1 there like Julio is, but more like Jeffery is. I like Slayton though, so I suspect the Giants do as well.

I hate the idea as does the rest of NY I polled them. Giants are a young bad team slowing progressing Josh Gordon makes 0 sense for them.. But I understand your logic I guess. 

Edited by CroNY

I was thinking all year as I watched Gordon struggle for relevancy in NE that Belichick might try to have him replace Gronk's role. It sounds weird, but if anyone could do it it would be the Pats. Gordon would go from being a clunky WR to being an athletic TE. I'm sure there's good reasons they never tried it, but I thought it might make some sense.

Just made the pick up. Doesn’t seem like he was dropped in many deep leagues, I was only able to scoop him in 1 out of my 5 leagues.

Not expecting a whole lot, it was mostly a move to block my competitors just in case something does happen.

Never thought I’d be a Josh Gordon owner again, but here we are.

17 minutes ago, ap0calypse said:

They had to spread the ball around to 10 people because Gordon couldn't get open for a HOF QB.  He is a has-been, drug addict that had terrible efficiency on a team that actively trying to trade for WRs.  You can feel for him in real life, but there is no logical reason to add him.

So none of the WRs on New England are good but Edelman? Because they keep looking for more? A HOF QB that no longer has the deep ball by the way. There's a reason they're grabbing possession receivers like Sanu 😕

You may think Gordon is over the Hill, no worries there, but why would you not wait until Friday and then reassess?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I'd bet his agent has put it out there that he is only interested in a few situations and do not bother claiming him unless it is one of those spots.

Uh I don't think he has enough pull for his agent to do this at all.

Just now, sSektor said:

Uh I don't think he has enough pull for his agent to do this at all.

Maybe, it's a guess. The guy really needs a certain situation.

I could def see Gruden and Raiders taking a chance on him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kball09 said:

So none of the WRs on New England are good but Edelman? Because they keep looking for more? A HOF QB that no longer has the deep ball by the way. There's a reason they're grabbing possession receivers like Sanu 😕

You may think Gordon is over the Hill, no worries there, but why would you not wait until Friday and then reassess?

Cause the Pats O-Line is terrible

• Thanks 1

Just now, ST. STEVEN said:

Maybe, it's a guess. The guy really needs a certain situation.

I could def see Gruden and Raiders taking a chance on him.

I would absolutely love the Raiders as a landing spot.

• Like 1

Just now, sSektor said:

I would absolutely love the Raiders as a landing spot.

Me too. Gruden has quietly put together a very good offensive game plan on the weekly. They have a bunch of targets available too, plus an o-line that blocks very well and will allow him to get downfield. It would be a great scenario.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kball09 said:

This is definitely one of the biggest factors for why the Pats moved on. But also:

1. They never carry that many receivers on the roster to begin with

2. Harry was coming of IR and is their future

3. Meyers is dirt cheap and already very good for an undrafted rookie

4. Gunner contributed a lot on special teams

5. Josh was injured and probably wasn't going to be resigned next season anyway

Pats letting him go is basically them going all-in on the short passing game...again. Can't overstate how much better their line was last season when Josh was on pace for really good numbers. Bad timing I guess.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, whatisfootball said:

If Falcons were going to claim him they probably would have included him in the Sanu trade so they can probably be ruled out.

Eh, maybe. They may have not known the Pats were releasing him at that time (but I may be dead wrong on that). I do agree that the Falcons won't be grabbing Gordon. It makes absolutely no sense at this point.

Edited by kball09

3 minutes ago, JDE said:

Please baby Jesus put him on the Saints.....that makes a lot of sense. Same reason they signed Dez last year before that injury happened.

• Thanks 1

Just now, StevenSC400 said:

Do you guys know when waivers clear and someone gets to pick him up?

24 hours after release usually

• Thanks 1

Just now, TheAuthorityHere said:

One of the bad teams will pick him up because they get a pick after he leaves.

This is where I'm murky, it's not that easy right? Then wouldn't every last place team ALWAYS grab a player off waivers and then let him leave? It still includes the players salary at the current level correct?

I think his best spot is Miami. He was good on a bad team before. If fitz is at qb he’s throwing bombs all game. They are going to be down every single game. Perfect scenario in my opinion.

Just now, StevenSC400 said:

I think his best spot is Miami. He was good on a bad team before. If fitz is at qb he’s throwing bombs all game. They are going to be down every single game. Perfect scenario in my opinion.

Agreed. And then pick up AB. Set that dumpster fire full ablaze.

BTW, I seriously doubt he'd go there. He doesn't want to waste his time on a loser like Miami.

• Haha 1