DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2019 Outlook

Interesting.  When it was leaked that he wanted a "supportive environment" I thought about the Seahawks, but they were so far down the waiver list...

Edited by Iron-cock

Prob not best for Fantasy but solid for Hawks if he still has it and used better/more than in NE.

Upgrade Wilson. Lockett, Metcalf, Carson/Penny, Jaron Brown, ...Josh Gordon

Yeah there’s just not a lot of passing volume on the Hawks and Gordon has always needed 10+ targets per game to put up a solid fantasy line. He may break a few highlight plays if he can still get to the ball but even if he leaps up to #2 on the depth chart I don’t think he’ll break the WR4 tier.

He's going to have a hard time being fantasy relevant in that offense unless Wilson starts increasing his passing attempts. But maybe that's the point.

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

He basicaly takes all the old Dissly targets which should be 5-7 a game and red zone looks with his contested catch ability

last game out DK had 3 receptions, 2 for TDs (Dissly role confirmed) ... plus the kid is far more explosive at this stage of the game than Gordon. 

hard pass on this.  not good. 

I'd rather have Gordon than Metcalf.

Metcalf is a basket catcher, JG will go up and get it.

Jaron Brown

David Moore

Like Wilson

Ed Dickson

DK Metcalf

Tyler Lockett

None of those WRs or TEs can go up a d get the ball like JG can. I think Russell Wilson will love throwing to Gordon with the way he snatches the ball in traffic.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, STEVEfromLA said:

How high to you rank Gordon now?  Worth?

Note the username, but my instant reaction is they will force-feed him Sunday, he will have production with 9-11 targets, but after this game things will level out in the run-based offense and he will be a high-end WR3/flex.

• Haha 1

Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

last game out DK had 3 receptions, 2 for TDs (Dissly role confirmed) ... plus the kid is far more explosive at this stage of the game than Gordon. 

Pete Carroll felt differently. Claiming Gordon is telling the world that they aren't satisfied with what they got.

Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

I hate this for fantasy.  The Seahawks tend to be very low pass volume unless they're behind and it's going to screw either DK or Gordon if not both.

4 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

So for everyone getting all worked up at Gordon going to the Seahawks when was the last time a Russell Wilson led team had two reliable starting fantasy WR options? This definitely hurts Lockett's value and I think he was already a sell high before the Gordon acquisition. 

Lockett and Dissley in 2019?

Edited by ss3walkman

s--- man, I was really hoping he was going to the Bills. Josh Allen needs a big guy to throw to.

Just now, GenerallyPoorAdvice said:

Note the username, but my instant reaction is they will force-feed him Sunday, he will have production with 9-11 targets, but after this game things will level out in the run-based offense and he will be a high-end WR3/flex.

in what freakin world is he suiting up THIS week?

🍻

3 minutes ago, sSektor said:

GoHawks is jumping up and down somewhere

I've drafted this dude every year.

Destiny is upon us.

PUDuk0I.jpg

fM2etWF.gif

Jcm4pnR.gif

GlsjjzK.gif

hfIWnL9.png

WLMc2LV.jpg

• Haha 4

Right now: 

"How does this affect Gordon?!

How does this affect Russ?!

How does this affect DK?! 

How does this affect Carson?!"

2 Weeks from now:

"Josh Gordon was released from the Seahawks today."

• Haha 2

I guess the depth charts is what matters. How the Seahawks intend to use him. If he's the WR3 and only out on 3 receiver sets, hard sell. 

Just now, ajs723 said:

Right now: 

"How does this affect Gordon?!

How does this affect Russ?!

How does this affect DK?! 

How does this affect Carson?!"

2 Weeks from now:

"Josh Gordon was released from the Seahawks today."

this guy ^ gets it 👍

• Like 2

Just now, SkinsChargersFan said:

Is he healthy? Last report on Oct 26 was he was 1-2 weeks from being medically cleared.

passed physical with the pats 

thats why they had to release him 

• Thanks 1

i dont know if its good or bad time will tell 

example sanders he went to a running team and he's been pretty productive so far 

His agent had to arrange this, it's hard to believe he'd fall that far down the waiver list. 

SEA is not as bad of a landing spot as many make it out to be. They are towards the bottom in pass attempts per game but are top 10 in completion percentage; 13th in passing yards per game; and tied for second for passing TDs. We know Russ can extend plays and is an elite deep-ball passer. 

It could have been worse. 

Edited by Grayson2401
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1