DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2019 Outlook

3 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

source.gif

username checks out ...

... and is spot on - great for the SeaHags in reality, but horrible for magick foosball - 

Edited by pastorofmuppets2

1 minute ago, Iron-cock said:

His agent had to arrange this, it's hard to believe he'd fall that far down the waiver list. 

because the tanking team know gordon alone can win them a game so they wont risk it 

thats a joke btw 

probably staying on my bench. wonder if he will even play in week 10, with 11 being a bye week for them

1 minute ago, Grayson2401 said:

SEA is not as bad of a landing spot as many make it out to be. They are towards the bottom in pass attempts per game but are top 10 in completion percentage; 13th in passing yards per game; and tied for second for passing TDs. We know Russ can extend plays and is an elite deep-ball passer. 

It could have been worse. 

Thank you. This needed to said. Imagine Russ buying time with his mobility and then corking a deep shot to a streaking Gordon to the endzone.

Honestly, this spot is loads better than NE. Can't wait to see Wilson bomb it down the field to this guy.

His agent had to arrange this, it's hard to believe he'd fall that far down the waiver list. 

No it isn't. Bad teams don't want veteran players with repeated off field issues.

What the hell are the Dolphins or Redskins gonna get by signing him. 

Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

username checks out ...

... s6nd is spot on - great for the SeaHags in reality, but horrible for magick foosball - 

It would be great for fantasy football if the Seahawks realized they have one of the most accurate passers in the league and they should throw more...

but my gut feeling is that isn't happening.

• Like 3

Now that i've calmed down I may as well give some real insight.

Seattle is not a perfect landing spot but it's still a very good one. Wilson has an incredible deep ball. Arguably the best in the NFL and Gordon is a great deep threat. I think Metcalf is great but he was really forced into a role that he is not 100% ready for and it showed at times. Drops, miscommunication, and etc. Don't get me wrong, I think DK will be an incredible WR and one of the steals of the draft but he is just not ready of this moment to take the volume he has been given. 

I believe DK will become fairly irrelevant in fantasy this year and Gordon should slide into a productive role. Get ready for some amazing bombs from Wilson to Gordon.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Flyers_28 said:

i dont know if its good or bad time will tell 

example sanders he went to a running team and he's been pretty productive so far 

Lockett >>>>>>>>>> any ham n' egger the 'Niners are trotting out there 

1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

I'll say Seahawks because that's what I want. Although truthfully I doubt his fantasy impact would be huge.

Great prediction 👏🏽👏🏽

Just now, ajs723 said:

No it isn't. Bad teams don't want veteran players with repeated off field issues.

What the hell are the Dolphins or Redskins gonna get by signing him. 

Yeah because it was just the Dolphins and Redskins who were ahead of the Seahawks and not 27 other teams...many of whom have injuries at WR and wouldn't mind a cheap, talented vet on a team friendly deal.

It would be great for fantasy football if the Seahawks realized they have one of the most accurate passers in the league and they should throw more...

but my gut feeling is that isn't happening.

They are 6-2 in the arguably the most competitive division in the NFL. 

They likely realized they needed to be more potent through the air but I do not see them changing too much.

Just now, Iron-cock said:

Yeah because it was just the Dolphins and Redskins who were ahead of the Seahawks and not 27 other teams...many of whom have injuries at WR and wouldn't mind a cheap, talented vet on a team friendly deal.

NFL teams are dumb. I fail to understand how Seattle and NE gets away with robbery after robbery. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, christino3286 said:

I can’t stop thinking about how many teams could use him now moving forward, Steelers, Niners with Sanders now, Bills next to John Brown, or Ravens with Hollywood Brown?? 

Now we just wait and see! But better spot than I thought! 

Wilson is a huge upgrade for Gordon, that by itself makes Gordon fantasy relevant. This is a great landing spot and couldve been much worse. Redskins, Jets.....

Best deep ball in the league vs floppy arm Brady who preferred dipping and dunking.  This is awesome for Gordon if it all works out.

Edited by Foppatosakic

This would have been a low risk claim. Cheap contract that ends this season, receive a compensatory pick if you let him walk in FA. Seems like more teams should have taken a chance.

3 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

Fair. There are some teams that are surprising for sure (Packers, Chargers, Lions, etc). My point was just that teams high on the waiver list had no use for him. 

1 minute ago, whatisfootball said:

This would have been a low risk claim. Cheap contract that ends this season, receive a compensatory pick if you let him walk in FA. Seems like more teams should have taken a chance.

Excited about this for sure. Pete Carroll will bring out the best in him 

3 minutes ago, whatisfootball said:

Yea to everyone saying the Fins and Skins don’t want a vet like Gordon, I thought the entire point of getting him was the comp pick they could get next year. 

23 minutes ago, Chest-Rockwell said:

I'm guessing it was the Raiders.  Which, if it is/was, would be one of the better landing spots all things considered.  To be clear, I'm strictly talking for fantasy purposes as it pertains to the remainder of the 2019 season. But secondary to that, in terms of Josh Gordon the person and his life as human being in regards to being a fully functional member of society....probably not one of the better landing spots (assuming he has any funny ideas about staying on beyond 2019). Cause reasons. #Vegas, #2020, #LasVegasRaiders2020, #JoshGordon, #OhBoy

23 minutes ago, heyeaglefn said:

Raiders have been ruled out.  

23 minutes ago, kball09 said:

Already ruled out

Ah. Well s---, never mind then.

This is a very good landing spot. Idk why some of you are complaining. Wilson loves to air the ball out, their defense isn’t the best, they have no true red zone threat and they don’t have a true #1 WR. Locket is just a fill in. DK isn’t ready yet. You guys are also worried about volume? Wilson is the most efficient passer in the nfl right now. Volume isn’t everything. Gordon is going to get quality passes thrown to him. And I’m not even huge on him but this situation is way better than the pats and better than most other landing spots. 

20 hours ago, Chest-Rockwell said:

And as for the Seahawks, that's another potential suitor where, not only can I conceivably imagine it taking shape, but one that I believe would also sport realistic potential to actually bear fruit. Seattle, as always, is right in the thick of things in the NFC; and they, too, ain't exactly swimming in wide receiver depth. Their head coach also happens to be as about as rah-rah, touchy-feely, talent-coddley, supportive types as it gets (at least theoretically, a good match for a guy with Gordon's baggage). But above all, similarly to the Eagles, Seattle possesses a QB who is not only is a big fan of the forward pass of the long ball variety, but also the one who arguably does it better than anyone else on the planet. If Seattle is where Josh Gordon indeed lands, I'm pretty confident he will at least be afforded the opportunities to make an impact with Seahawks that he wasn't in New England...y'know, with his targets from Wilson actually being of the catchable variety and such, unlike old man Brady.

Just in case anybody missed this analysis from yesterday (extremely well written), this is exactly why I’m excited for this move. Outside of the Saints this is the landing spot I was hoping for the most.

And as somebody who owns Russell Wilson in 4/5 leagues, this day really can’t get much better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1