DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2019 Outlook

27 minutes ago, Idoolittle said:

As someone who has J. Gordon and DK Metcalf in a few leagues, I don't know how I feel about this.

same

26 minutes ago, CooL said:

I see him having some occasional deep shots down the field, but nothing consistent.  Week 9 not playing, Week 10 SF, Week 11 bye.  So you have weeks 12-16.  You're holding him for the playoff stretch run.  If you're a team fighting to get in, I think he's of no use to you.  If you're sitting at 6-2 or 7-1 and have them room, take a shot.  

I've dated him so much in the past seasons that I've finally broken up and channeling some Taylor Swift - "We are never ever getting back together."  Good luck to the JG owners.

I'm in 10 leagues, have JG in just 1 but prob gonna have to drop him due to bye week issues. He's available in a few others but don't really have the roster flexibility to add. Might take the gamble where I can if still available.  But similarly, owning him in fantasy the past few years has been like a roller coaster.  You get high thinking he's going to put up record breaking stats in your lineup and then you get low dealing with all the disappointment.  Good luck

46 minutes ago, CooL said:

I see him having some occasional deep shots down the field, but nothing consistent.  Week 9 not playing, Week 10 SF, Week 11 bye.  So you have weeks 12-16.  You're holding him for the playoff stretch run.  If you're a team fighting to get in, I think he's of no use to you.  If you're sitting at 6-2 or 7-1 and have them room, take a shot.  

I've dated him so much in the past seasons that I've finally broken up and channeling some Taylor Swift - "We are never ever getting back together."  Good luck to the JG owners.

great spin here ^100% agree. 

he won't see my rosters, which is too bad - was hoping to catch some lightning once he signed, but not feeling Seattle at all - wish you intrepid lot sticking with him all the best -

we out!

🙋‍♂️

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

great spin here ^100% agree. 

he won't see my rosters, which is too bad - was hoping to catch some lightning once he signed, but not feeling Seattle at all - wish you intrepid lot sticking with him all the best -

we out!

🙋‍♂️

21b.jpg.cf.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Think he will start next week? That is the only reason I picked him up. 

If he’s healthy as expected yes.

A week is plenty of time to get involved and they have an extra day. Plus, it’s the most important game of the season. 

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

c'mon, Cleats ... you can do me better'n that 🤠

Got my feelings hurt cause you said you were leaving.

5 for 100 and a TD next sunday

• Thanks 1

As a Hawks fan, it was my hope that he made it to them, and I can't believe that he did. This is a great move for the Hawks, but maybe not for his fantasy purposes. Doesn't hurt their offense to have another threat. PLEASE let him suit up for next Monday Night's showdown against the 49ers!!!!!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Got my feelings hurt cause you said you were leaving.

5 for 100 and a TD next sunday

In the first quarter

On 10/24/2019 at 7:01 AM, ss3walkman said:

No way is he done. He’s still only 28. Definitely can see plenty teams signing him. Seahawks or Texans should be on the phone with his agent.

All the laughs didn’t age so well. Go Flash!

I was hoping for the Seahawks or Packers, so really happy with where he landed. Lockett is WR11 in my .5 ppr league. Gordon should get enough looks to get him in the top 20 WRs the rest of the way, if not better. Can't wait to see him rolled out in an offense designed to take shots downfield with an MVP candidate slinging it to him. Arrow pointed directly up.

19 hours ago, aapox said:

Wow, strong take bro. They manage their team like every other competent team in the NFL does? Shocking.

If you followed Josh’s career you’d know that he doesn’t play with the same fire that he used to.

Thanks for the poopoo though. 

☝️😂

Carroll and Schneider like to do things unconventionally, and I'm guessing they shift D.K. Metcalf to tight end and run Gordon and Lockett at wides.

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

21b.jpg.cf.jpg

best movie.  Ever.  

I got two guns. One for each of ya. 

• Like 1

I'm a lifer a Seahawk fan since the black and white TV days.  I just hope were getting something more than what JG has shown this year, he just looks spent from what I've seen.   Could be just a 2019 version of Seahawk Brandon Marshall all over again.  Hope I'm wrong.

PD

3 minutes ago, Peyton's Daddy said:

I'm a lifer a Seahawk fan since the black and white TV days.  I just hope were getting something more than what JG has shown this year, he just looks spent from what I've seen.   Could be just a 2019 version of Seahawk Brandon Marshall all over again.  Hope I'm wrong.

PD

hope?   You didn’t really give up much to get him.  

sorry Archie

Edited by poofinger
  • Haha 2

I like this if I'm a Gordon owner. Virtually a perfect scenario. Much better QB for him than Brady was, and it appears that Russ really wanted him and lobbied hard for him. This tells me that they will do everything they can to get him fully integrated and try to make him a big part of their offense, where in New England it was more like 'just do your job'.

I've never played professionally, but I'd be willing to bet there is a big difference between management going out and getting a guy and telling the QB to use than the QB himself going to management and telling them to get a guy. I'm not sure how much juice Gordon has left, but I'd bet the Seahawks are planning on feeding him.

4 minutes ago, poofinger said:

I just hope were getting something more than what JG has shown this year, he just looks spent from what I've seen.   Could be just a 2019 version of Seahawk Brandon Marshall all over again. 

I think what we've seen from Gordon has a lot to do with the way the Pats tried to use him (due to Brady's limitations). It seemed like the Pats wanted to make him 'big Edelman', and that's not his game. As for Marshall, he was coming off major injury and was 6 years older last year than Josh is now.

My guess, even though I haven't watched much Seahawks, is that Metcalf is on the Golladay/Sutton type track, where he'll start to really shine next season. But the Seahawks have a chance to win now, and would like to not have to wait for Metcalf to ascend. I'm thinking that Gordon will give the Seahawks 'Metcalf 2020' production right now.

A legitimate comp for what Gordon does in Seattle the rest of the way is Golladay's 2018.

4 minutes ago, andypro77 said:

I think what we've seen from Gordon has a lot to do with the way the Pats tried to use him (due to Brady's limitations). It seemed like the Pats wanted to make him 'big Edelman', and that's not his game. As for Marshall, he was coming off major injury and was 6 years older last year than Josh is now.

My guess, even though I haven't watched much Seahawks, is that Metcalf is on the Golladay/Sutton type track, where he'll start to really shine next season. But the Seahawks have a chance to win now, and would like to not have to wait for Metcalf to ascend. I'm thinking that Gordon will give the Seahawks 'Metcalf 2020' production right now.

A legitimate comp for what Gordon does in Seattle the rest of the way is Golladay's 2018.

This is actually an interesting thought.  Has Gordon's lack of big plays been a result of his skills deteriorating due to time off or is it a result of Brady's limitations throwing deep? I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Edited by ColoWrex
grammar

5 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

Has Gordon's lack of big plays been a result of his skills deteriorating due to time off or is it a result of Brady's limitations throwing deep?

Look at this from last season:

Gordon can still do this type of stuff, but Brady doesn't chuck it like that near as much as Wilson does. Also, Gordon is great on broken plays, and there's no such thing on the Pats, because if Brady feels heat, he just falls down. Russ will scramble and give Josh time to do what Josh can do.

I don't really know enough to assess whether a guy is washed up or not, or if he's just in a bad situation; but I can't imagine being with Wilson in Seattle isn't a much better situation for Gordon to showcase whatever skills he has left than in NE.

This could possibly mean they're not satisfied with DK. He is a rookie after all and showing a lot of those rookie growing pains. Not unrealistic to think he loses snaps to Gordon in 2 wide sets. I think ppl are missing the most crucial part in Gordon signing with the Seahawks. It's Russels lack of redzone weapons. Now we have a tank of a man whom they call Flash Gordon joining the team? Boner time boys

5 minutes ago, KidDynamite420 said:

This could possibly mean they're not satisfied with DK. He is a rookie after all and showing a lot of those rookie growing pains.

Yep. I think they are fully invested in DK for the long term, but the Seahawks are thinking playoffs. Tough to go into the playoffs with a rookie as your #2. But it's actually pretty nice to go into the playoffs with a really talented rookie as your #3 wildcard guy.

Neither Golladay nor Sutton finished strong their rookie seasons, and then came on their 2nd season. Gordon is a hedge against this likely rookie wall for Metcalf.

• Like 1

Not a Gordon owner here but what is the reason the Patriots let him go? I can't seem to find the information anywhere.

Love this for Gordon. Brady ranks 27th in average intended air yards (deep balls). With Flash and some AB. He just doesn’t chuck it anymore.

Russell Wilson ranks 4th. Big plays are coming. This move makes the Seahawks more dynamic ahead of some tough, high scoring matchups. 

Buy, buy, buy.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing#average-intended-yards