DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2019 Outlook

18 minutes ago, jagsfan05 said:

Not a Gordon owner here but what is the reason the Patriots let him go? I can't seem to find the information anywhere.

Too many bodies at WR with other roles.

Sanu basically took his position. 

Other WRs are Edelman and Dorset, who Brady loves.  Then Sanu, who is a better version of what they wanted Gordon to be, then young guys who also play special teams.

Though, there was some grumbling today (without an attributed source) that they were unhappy with his work ethic, being late to meetings mentioned.  Don't know if there's validity to that, but the way they handled his release was designed to keep him away from conference rivals

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Too many bodies at WR with other roles.

Sanu basically took his position. 

Other WRs are Edelman and Dorset, who Brady loves.  Then Sanu, who is a better version of what they wanted Gordon to be, then young guys who also play special teams.

Though, there was some grumbling today (without an attributed source) that they were unhappy with his work ethic, being late to meetings mentioned.  Don't know if there's validity to that, but the way they handled his release was designed to keep him away from conference rivals

Thanks for your reply! That all makes sense, just threw me off because I thought he was doing well there and they were happy with his production. Although I haven't been following his stats closely.

1 hour ago, MBarbarian said:

Love this for Gordon. Brady ranks 27th in average intended air yards (deep balls). With Flash and some AB. He just doesn’t chuck it anymore.

Russell Wilson ranks 4th. Big plays are coming. This move makes the Seahawks more dynamic ahead of some tough, high scoring matchups. 

Buy, buy, buy.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing#average-intended-yards

Gordon has looked slow as molasses this year.

Edited by dmb3684
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Don't know if there's validity to that, but the way they handled his release was designed to keep him away from conference rivals

Even Rihanna wouldn’t be able to satisfy me as much as Gordon catching a Super Bowl winning catch against the Patriots

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

22 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Gordon has looked slow as molasses this year.

He really doesn’t look that much slower. He was never a quick separation off the snap kinda guy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

As a Lord Gordon believer since 2013 I'm soooo glad he is away from game manager Brady...

As a DK owner/truther who was counting on him to be my rookie keeper for next year & beyond while becoming a super monster high end wr within a few years this is the worst case scenario...

Now I'm scrambling trying to come up with a trade to get Gordon before my leagues tomorrow trade deadline..

I was hoping for the Eagles, Packers or Saints that Gordon ended up with...

This whole situation sucks for me for fantasy but I will also now be rooting for Russ & Gordon to make sweet Musik together

25 minutes ago, General Gannicus said:

As a Lord Gordon believer since 2013 I'm soooo glad he is away from game manager Brady...

As a DK owner/truther who was counting on him to be my rookie keeper for next year & beyond while becoming a super monster high end wr within a few years this is the worst case scenario...

Now I'm scrambling trying to come up with a trade to get Gordon before my leagues tomorrow trade deadline..

I was hoping for the Eagles, Packers or Saints that Gordon ended up with...

This whole situation sucks for me for fantasy but I will also now be rooting for Russ & Gordon to make sweet Musik together

don't worry about Gordon dude the guys been a disappointment for like six years now 

• Like 3

For the people that don’t like Gordon going to the Seahawks what other teams do you really think he would be better on? I guess maybe the packers or saints but then he would also be playing second fiddle to Adams and Thomas. Maybe the eagles but they spread the ball out just like the pats. Again that’s MAYBE 3 teams that I can think of. In Seattle though he can easily be the guy. There’s not much competition there and even though Wilson doesn’t throw too much the quality of the passes is the best in the league based on efficiency numbers. This is really almost a best case scenario.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I can’t see Gordon being much more then a WR3/WR4 in this low volume offense. 

He isn’t playing this week. I’m sure he will have a small role in Week 10 and then Seattle has their bye in week 11. 

Does anyone feel confident starting him in Week 12 as a #4 option (Lockett-DK-Carson) in a low pass volume offense? Wilson is a better QB for him then Brady but I don’t have any confidence in him producing fantasy worthy numbers in this situation.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Dissly produced in this offense on efficiency and TD's. Think Gordon will do the same....plus some. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

For the people that don’t like Gordon going to the Seahawks what other teams do you really think he would be better on?

Raiders, Eagles, Packers, and Saints were all better landings spots. Raiders as the top since he arguably would have been the best WR on that team and Gruden isn’t shy about getting his teams talent heavily involved.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

I can’t see Gordon being much more then a WR3/WR4 in this low volume offense. 

He isn’t playing this week. I’m sure he will have a small role in Week 10 and then Seattle has their bye in week 11. 

Does anyone feel confident starting him in Week 12 as a #4 option (Lockett-DK-Carson) in a low pass volume offense? Wilson is a better QB for him then Brady but I don’t have any confidence in him producing fantasy worthy numbers in this situation.   

I think he'll be similar to what D.K. Metcalf is now. A startable boom-bust WR3 in standard league (a little worse in ppr) with low volume but a chance to make some splash plays. Of course with WR being so deep a position in fantasy, that's basically bye week starts a little above being on the waiver wire level quality, which is why Gordon was worth picking up if you had someone to drop like a backup QB or TE, but not worth picking up if you had to drop a safer WR3 or RB3 type. I think he'd be o.k. to start in week 12 because its the Eagles (a bad secondary) and its a bye week. But a spot start for a bye week WR3 probably won't quite live up to the wishes of most Gordon owners. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, sSektor said:

He really doesn’t look that much slower. He was never a quick separation off the snap kinda guy. 

I've  seen every single play he has been in on this year. But if you say so.

7 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

I've  seen every single play he has been in on this year. But if you say so.

So have I? The Pats made basically no effort to get him in space despite him being their best YAC receiver. Love the Pats but it doesn’t take much to admit that McDaniels is dead set in his ways and uncreative. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Raiders, Eagles, Packers, and Saints were all better landings spots. Raiders as the top since he arguably would have been the best WR on that team and Gruden isn’t shy about getting his teams talent heavily involved.

Those are all maybe better. That’s 4 teams. And again that’s a maybe. I actually like the Seahawks more than the eagles and saints but let’s just say your right he landed on the 5th best team. Not a bad deal at all.

From a fantasy perspective the Raiders were the best team. I don’t know how well Gordon would do mentally there though... Gruden is a hard a**.

16 minutes ago, devaster said:

Gordon struggles with his own addictions and mental woes and so do all the fantasy managers that have him on their team.

Yeah but the memes are delicious

1 hour ago, sSektor said:

So have I? The Pats made basically no effort to get him in space despite him being their best YAC receiver. Love the Pats but it doesn’t take much to admit that McDaniels is dead set in his ways and uncreative. 

I think they would rather get James White into space than Josh Gordon. 

Im not gonna argue this. Flash looks significantly slower than years past. 

Not gonna lie guys, despite all the negativity I’m still a little giddy. 🥳

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They need to just let him keep letting him use his medicine, it's not even illegal in Seattle

The vikings pass less than the Seahawks, and with a worse QB, and still maintain 2 fantasy stud receivers. I'm excited to see what JG does.

4 hours ago, sSektor said:

There’s one logical Pats fan in here.

The NY and Boston area fans like to act like every player that leaves their team is some total bum.