DerrickHenrysCleats

Josh Gordon 2019 Outlook

48 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Gordon is not quick and also takes more time to get up to speed. This isn’t even being washed up it was also fairly true during his monster season. 

Patriots line sucks and Brady can’t throw deep. Not hard to see the disconnect.

He ran a 4.3 40 in 2017 at 225 pounds.  (Unofficial).

He is fast, but they stuck him in the Brandin Cooks role which generally doesn’t produce that great in NE.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, jccouger said:

Anybody else think Gordon will be used in kind of a hybrid flex TE/WR role?

With Dissily being out of the year and not really having anybody to fill that role (not buying Hollister) I think they could use Gordons big body for that spot.

No

2 hours ago, cnewbykkn said:

You're saying Gordon cant run a 5yd slant? Or a 5yd out?  That's almost exclusively what I saw them dial up for Sanu.

So agree.  Why didn't they ever use him in this fashion?  The argument that "it's Edelman's territory" is false because Edelman is still there and Sanu got those looks as well.

I haven't found any comments from TB about Gordon leaving.  I think really there has to be some truth to the report that he just wasn't showing dedication and work ethic.  If that's the case, why would things change?  Is the hope that getting cut from an undefeated team will light some kind of fire under his butt?  I thought this guy needed money and was hungry to prove he still has it. 

1 hour ago, CooL said:

So agree.  Why didn't they ever use him in this fashion?  The argument that "it's Edelman's territory" is false because Edelman is still there and Sanu got those looks as well.

I haven't found any comments from TB about Gordon leaving.  I think really there has to be some truth to the report that he just wasn't showing dedication and work ethic.  If that's the case, why would things change?  Is the hope that getting cut from an undefeated team will light some kind of fire under his butt?  I thought this guy needed money and was hungry to prove he still has it. 

Bellichick has a plug and play system. Everything is about timing and precise routes. I’m not sure that it’s gordons best attribute. Hes seems like the type of WR to create on his own needs time to get open etc. Just not a good fit with what the pats are doing now. But if he doesn’t succeed in Seattle with the way Wilson extends plays then he’s done for sure.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sSektor said:

These could be the least sexiest highlights I've ever seen. 

4 minutes ago, CroNY said:

These could be the least sexiest highlights I've ever seen. 

Point of them being:

1. He still has hands and will make contested catches if given a chance

2. He's clowning defenders after the catch

3. He's a lot faster than people are giving him credit for. The bird's eye view highlight against the Skins shows that really well.

• Like 4

Seattle doesn’t even need him to be fast. They desperately need a RZ target with size. They only have DK and he’s still extremely raw in that department. We saw Dissly put up top 3 TE numbers and he wasn’t even drafted as a pass catcher. 

Seattle REALLY could use a guy with size and they got him. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Gordon is near the top in RZ targets going forward. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Gordon is not quick and also takes more time to get up to speed. This isn’t even being washed up it was also fairly true during his monster season. 

Patriots line sucks and Brady can’t throw deep. Not hard to see the disconnect.

He wasn't a great fit for the Patriots' system given the fact that Brady doesn't have a "big arm". The Patriots had a very defined/limited role for him last season. They tried to fit Gordon more into the whole short passing game/option route system and that's when the break up really began. They weren't utilizing him properly. If you get a thoroughbred you let him run the fast track. You don't try to making him race in steeple chases.

Given the talent already present in Seattle, I think he's going to be a solid weekly WR2. He's a very similar type receiver to Metcalf, but has an expanded route tree. He will have some duds, but I think he and Wilson will click immediately. Huge, fast target with great hands. This is going to be fun.

Plus the Hawks defense isn't what it used to be. Wilson is going to need to pass more. Gordon is going to be better in Seattle than he was in New England. 

• Like 2

It has been covered plenty about why it maybe didn't work out the best in NE, though I still contend his overall numbers there were pretty respectable, given everything.

I think piker hit it on the head when he said Hawks defense isn't what it used to be...which is very mild imo, they are borderline trash and hemorrhaging yards and points galore--even in their home stadium. Wilson will get him jump started and the schedule sets up swimmingly ROS for shootouts. Easy weekly WR2 with some ceiling.

On 11/4/2019 at 10:33 AM, CooL said:

The Josh Gordon Homer and optimist in me wants to think that maybe he is motivated to get a good deal in FA next offseason and was frustrated with his role-- or lack thereof-- in NE. Maybe he can look forward to better showcasing his talents with Wilson and SEA. 

But probably not. 

Anyone have the stones to fire him up against SF?

1 hour ago, JJ1223 said:

No way. Purely a wait and see for me.

There are probably better dart throws if you are in a deep league, bye weeks, injuries, etc.

3 hours ago, JJ1223 said:

Might be flexing him out of desperation, but don't feel great about it.  Would prefer to see him develop a little rapport with Wilson first.

7 hours ago, JJ1223 said:

Clearly I revealed too much info with my last post.

I will answer with one word only: yes.

I've got him set into a 14 and 16 team lineup...my 10s and 12s not so much, but he'll be in there by WK12

Assuming DK draws Sherman in coverage quite a bit while Lockett torches everyone else and Flash makes a few nice catches.

4 for 60 and a tuddy this week I think.

• Like 2

rahrah Petey gonna make it interesting ...

that hippy bastid is normally all unicorns and rainbows and farting pixie dust ... hmmmm

1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

rahrah Petey gonna make it interesting ...

that hippy bastid is normally all unicorns and rainbows and farting pixie dust ... hmmmm

Oh brother

hate that it is a Monday game. Have to make a snap decision on Sunday before we have all the data.

Who cares? I am starting him because I will not be able to live with myself if I do not start him and he goes off. 

Narrators voice: He says for the 50th time but he indeed did not go off. For he never goes off.

• Haha 3