Ecofolux

Giancarlo Stanton 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2019 season will be locked on 2019-11-28. Please finish any 2019 discussions here, and take any 2020 outlook discussions to the 2020 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

3 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

This dude gonna come back and explode. I’m assuming we all have him here, obviously been frustrating however championships are won second half!!! Let’s all be happy are stud is back and is going to hit 40 homers from here on out! 

Technically he isn't back yet.  He had a couple rehab games with Tampa before his previous setback - so I wouldn't go sounding the trumpets just yet.

59 minutes ago, jb_power said:

which body part this time?

I could see him tearing his groin. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ToO_BaD said:

Technically he isn't back yet.  He had a couple rehab games with Tampa before his previous setback - so I wouldn't go sounding the trumpets just yet.

an even by some miracle he stays healthy, he isn't going to hit 40 bombs after he returns...lol

13 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

an even by some miracle he stays healthy, he isn't going to hit 40 bombs after he returns...lol

I bet he finishes with over 35

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ryansm11 said:

I bet he finishes with over 35

I am rooting for ya, but that's like a 70 homer pace.

If you gimme 25, I would take it and run.

• Like 1

I think his relative value is just not as high as it was even two or three years ago. With the flyball revolution and juiced ball leading to more homers, it doesn't matter if he can hit'em 450 ft. It's still just a homerun. Counts the same as a 380 ft one.

I am hoping they humidor the hell out of baseballs in the whole league so the true elite power hitters can stand out.

29 minutes ago, papasmurf said:

I think his relative value is just not as high as it was even two or three years ago. With the flyball revolution and juiced ball leading to more homers, it doesn't matter if he can hit'em 450 ft. It's still just a homerun. Counts the same as a 380 ft one.

I am hoping they humidor the hell out of baseballs in the whole league so the true elite power hitters can stand out.

If everybody is hitting more HRs then so should he.

• Like 1

Played RF yesterday and is expected to move up to AAA on Friday. Boone said that he's hoping to have him back on Monday. Fingers crossed here!

1 hour ago, Fantasy Baseball Geek said:

Played RF yesterday and is expected to move up to AAA on Friday. Boone said that he's hoping to have him back on Monday. Fingers crossed here!

And hit two more homers 😍

6 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

would LOVE for him to come back and only DH

I would love that too except I own Sanchez in a bunch of leagues and that would screw up that situation. 

At this point I think all of his owners just wants a homerun barrage to help us make up for the loss of production. In roto leagues most would shoot up in the standings if they were able to keep it somewhat close to this point. 

10 hours ago, buzzkilloton said:

If everybody is hitting more HRs then so should he.

What I am trying to say is that let's say the juiceball results in 15 ft extra carry. For some guys that may result in 5 extra homers. But since Stanton's homers were usually no doubters anyway, the extra 15 ft is not gonna matter.

6 minutes ago, papasmurf said:

What I am trying to say is that let's say the juiceball results in 15 ft extra carry. For some guys that may result in 5 extra homers. But since Stanton's homers were usually no doubters anyway, the extra 15 ft is not gonna matter.

I don't know if thats correct. maybe someone can find a better hr spray chart for Stanton but this looks like a couple  cheapies and a couple almost dingers

https://www.fangraphs.com/spraycharts.aspx?playerid=4949&position=&type=battedball&pid2=4949&ss1=2019&se1=2019&ss2=2018&se2=2019&cht1=battedball&cht2=battedball&vs1=ALL&vs2=ALL

Edited by colepenhagen

1 minute ago, colepenhagen said:

I don't know if thats correct. maybe someone can find a better hr spray chart for Stanton but this looks like a couple  cheapies and a couple almost dingers

https://www.fangraphs.com/spraycharts.aspx?playerid=4949&position=&type=battedball&pid2=4949&ss1=2019&se1=2019&ss2=2018&se2=2019&cht1=battedball&cht2=battedball&vs1=ALL&vs2=ALL

I hope so.

Another home run.  Dude is locked in.

On 6/13/2019 at 8:03 AM, papasmurf said:

15 more ft on deep line drives or a deep flyout should though.  Extra carry applies to more than just the balls that were already HRs.

2 minutes ago, papasmurf said:

So... supposed to return today.

50/50 chance it happens?  :D

Honestly - until I see the official report that it's happening, I remain cautiously optimistic haha.

Yankees activated OF/DH Giancarlo Stanton from the 10-day injured list.

As expected, Stanton will make his return Tuesday against the Rays, at least if the weather cooperates. The slugger has been sidelined since the start of April due to calf, shoulder, and biceps injuries. With Edwin Encarnacion in-house and Aaron Judge also on his way back, Stanton is expected to see most of his at-bats in left field. It should be a power-packed summer for New York, who has played amazingly well despite missing key pieces.

Jun 18, 2019, 1:53 PM ET

Happy happy day.  My fill in guys have been horrible. So hoping Stanton produces, like the Stanton we know.