Ecofolux

Giancarlo Stanton 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2019 season will be locked on 2019-11-28. Please finish any 2019 discussions here, and take any 2020 outlook discussions to the 2020 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

Stantons value takes a (tiny) hit with the addition of Edwin E. You have to think that Encarnacion will be the everyday DH while Stanton plays the outfield on most nights. Knowing this, you would also have to think that when the Yankees are winning games late in the game he would be taken out for the likes of Brett Gardner as a defensive replacement. This may cost him at least an at bat every night the yanks have a decent lead. Not a crushing blow to his value, but it could def get annoying for Stanton owners. 

7 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Stantons value takes a (tiny) hit with the addition of Edwin E. You have to think that Encarnacion will be the everyday DH while Stanton plays the outfield on most nights. Knowing this, you would also have to think that when the Yankees are winning games late in the game he would be taken out for the likes of Brett Gardner as a defensive replacement. This may cost him at least an at bat every night the yanks have a decent lead. Not a crushing blow to his value, but it could def get annoying for Stanton owners. 

is stanton really that bad in the outfield?

1 minute ago, Kramjam24 said:

is stanton really that bad in the outfield?

Its more about how GOOD Gardner is more so than how BAD Stanton is. Stanton isnt bad but Gardner can cover lots of ground in a hurry. 

Kinda shocked to see him batting 5th since he's been a staple in the 3rd spot since he's but on the pinstripes. I also have Voit so it's looking like he's sticking at the top of the lineup even with the return of Judge. 

Stanton should have been moved to the cleanup spot. Thinking he will when Sanchez sits

Edited by bigbluecrew56

1 minute ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

I'm also guessing Stanton will get subbed out late in games for defense with Gardner.

or maybin if they keep him

1 hour ago, mlb2019 said:

Stanton has not done nothing to bat 1-4.

In his career?  Last year?  

Box score was ugly. How did he look?
To me he seems to take some time to get going, so kinda considering sitting him against Snell.
2 for 10 career with 1 HR. Snell big reverse lefty/righty split.

will take a little time vs. big league pitching to settle back in....not taking anything from what he did in his rehab assignment vs. AAA pitching

He will settle in after striking out 30+ times and being booed by NY. He is gonna hit homers though so no one should be selling low yet.

Well at least this spares me a lineup decision.

I was worried he'd get hurt playing on wet grass last night.

Wish he saved some of those rehab homers for the major leagues.

Does he sock one before the end of the weekend?

Stant Daddy with 3 hits including

112.6 MPH double and 118.9 single.

Hoping he stays healthy the rest of the year with the way the ball is flying. 

Hes going to carry us the rest of the way. Judge is coming back too. Yankees going to be cranking the ball.

On 6/18/2019 at 7:28 PM, Dirty Little Birdie said:

There's a chance in an uptick in off days and him being replaced for defense, but besides that his value should be pretty unchanged. It's difficult to predict that type of stuff anyway so I wouldn't factor it in his value ROS.

• Like 1

This guy has all of the durability of toilet paper in a hurricane.
Desperately needs to find some better juice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Too much working out. Too much muscle. Too tight. Not flexible. 

He looks like a walking DL stint even when hitting. Just doesn't look very flexible.

6 minutes ago, papasmurf said:

Too much working out. Too much muscle. Too tight. Not flexible. 

He looks like a walking DL stint even when hitting. Just doesn't look very flexible.

I mean, some of that may be true, but I don't know what it has to do with someone stepping on his hand today.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1