Ecofolux

Giancarlo Stanton 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2019 season will be locked on 2019-11-28. Please finish any 2019 discussions here, and take any 2020 outlook discussions to the 2020 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

He'll be back in a couple weeks.  Buy low if you don't already own him.  

• Like 1

Working in Tampa

Giancarlo Stanton has been hitting and doing outfield work at the Yankees’ minor league complex this weekend.

“Reports are it went pretty well’’ on Friday, according to Boone, adding that the slugger was conducting similar work on Saturday.

Stanton is currently dealing with a left shoulder issue after initially going on the injured list with a strained left biceps on April 1. There’s no specific target date for his return.

1 hour ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

Took live BP today. We might be getting close to a rehab assignment this weekend. 

Don't rush back, Stanton. We need you!

28 minutes ago, Triple Short Of a Cycle said:

They are hiding something. I'm guessing surgery is in his future

as an owner, i am very worried that you may be right, something just don't seem on the up and up here

37 minutes ago, Triple Short Of a Cycle said:

They are hiding something. I'm guessing surgery is in his future

Season ending surgery?  

1 minute ago, gbill2004 said:

Season ending surgery?  

He stated he’s guessing. How the hell could he know if it’s season ending?

• Like 1

This is getting annoying already. We need real answers

Edited by bigbluecrew56

2 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

Season ending surgery?  

Putting the cart in front of the horse here

3 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

He stated he’s guessing. How the hell could he know if it’s season ending?

Are any shoulder surgeries not season ending?  

7 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

Are any shoulder surgeries not season ending?  

Confirmed shoulder strain. Not like a rotator cuff or torn labrum. Cortizone shot should be working on that at this point hence him getting in live BP in Tampa. Boone also confirmed he's taking BP again and doing defensive drills. 

How long does a strained shoulder muscle take to heal?
Recovery time depends on the severity of the injury. For a mild strain, you may be able to return to normal activities within three to six weeks.

1 minute ago, bigbluecrew56 said:
How long does a strained shoulder muscle take to heal?
Recovery time depends on the severity of the injury. For a mild strain, you may be able to return to normal activities within three to six weeks.

and how many week ago did he strain it?

ok great, now we know why he's been on the shelf. shouldn't change his return date as he's been dealing with this same injury for weeks and has been progressing. 

I was so glad when he made it through a full season last year without hitting the IL.. Thinking maybe his injuries could be a thing of the past.  Nope still so injury prone.

2 minutes ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

D6jbO0MV4AALakq.png

Goddamn do they have a doctor or at least  someone with two braincells to rub together to speak? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

D6jbO0MV4AALakq.png

Name                                           POS                                              Status                                         Date                                              Injury

Giancarlo Stanton OF 10-Day IL Apr 1, 2019 Shoulder Whatever
Edited by Panther239
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Goddamn do they have a doctor or at least  someone with two braincells to rub together to speak? 

Shoulder sprain.  Got it.  Anywhere from 4-10 weeks, depending on severity (if he needed surgery he wouldn't be out there taking live batting practice).

For anyone who has spent a significant time in the gym (I've been a powerlifter for over two decades ... though I'm in my twilight years now) this pattern of events was super predictable.  Guy hurts a muscle, "overrehabs" in an effort to work through it, hurts an ancillary muscle because he's favoring the already-injured muscle.  

This has happened to me more times than I want to admit.  One would think that a guy with a 200+ million contract would have people monitoring him carefully, but gym-rats are going to gym-rat.  It's what we do.  

Edited by Overlord

8 minutes ago, Overlord said:

Shoulder sprain.  Got it.  Anywhere from 4-10 weeks, depending on severity (if he needed surgery he wouldn't be out there taking live batting practice).

For anyone who has spent a significant time in the gym (I've been a powerlifter for over two decades ... though I'm in my twilight years now) this pattern of events was super predictable.  Guy hurts a muscle, "overrehabs" in an effort to work through it, hurts an ancillary muscle because he's favoring the already-injured muscle.  

This has happened to me more times than I want to admit.  One would think that a guy with a 200+ million contract would have people monitoring him carefully, but gym-rats are going to gym-rat.  It's what we do.  

Strain not sprain.