urban2014

Tevin Coleman 2019 Outlook

9 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

No IR is a drop no? Why hold a guy that is not a starter and hurt already?

How was he not the starter?

4 hours ago, GOAT-dell Beckham said:

With this hot of a waiver wire week I’m dropping him, he’ll be out long enough that you can get him back if you pick him up aggressively but he should not be held for the entirety of his injury outside of deeper leagues.

There is no clear timetable on his return.  David Chao said he'll likely be out September.  Waiting 3-4 weeks for the lead dog in a Shanahan offense is the right move.  The only way you'll be able to "pick him up aggressively" is if you pick him up 2 or 3 weeks in advance, provided nobody picks him up immediately after you drop him.  If he's on waivers the week before he returns he'll easily be the #1 WW add that week and you'll have to blow all of your FAAB.

1 hour ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

8 weeks I'm projecting until he's back to normal and even then there's risk of aggravating the injruy. I'm cutting bait since there's some season long prospects out there. Bummer that 5th rounder is already basically toast

On what basis are you projecting 8 weeks?

The guy in the waiver wire article also said it's going to be "at the least 6 weeks" and maybe hold him for "a playoff run". Can these people not do simple math? 2-6 weeks, even at the cap, would be by week 8. It could be earlier within that timeframe. I'm holding in my 14 teamer and assuming it will be around a month before we know for sure when he'll be back (hopefully sooner). 

3 minutes ago, kball09 said:

The guy in the waiver wire article also said it's going to be "at the least 6 weeks" and maybe hold him for "a playoff run". Can these people not do simple math? 2-6 weeks, even at the cap, would be by week 8. It could be earlier within that timeframe. I'm holding in my 14 teamer and assuming it will be around a month before we know for sure when he'll be back (hopefully sooner). 

I think he means he’ll just get hurt again. Mr. Glass. 

14 minutes ago, kball09 said:

14 teamer i’d hold too, but smaller leagues a drop is prudent IMO. 

18 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

I think he means he’ll just get hurt again. Mr. Glass. 

8 games total in 3 seasons before this.....Mr. Glass, right.....

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, kball09 said:

8 games total in 3 seasons before this.....Mr. Glass, right.....

Misleading. You can play 1 snap and still count as a game played. Watch T-Coleman play every game. You’ll know what I mean. 

3 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

Misleading. You can play 1 snap and still count as a game played. Watch T-Coleman play every game. You’ll know what I mean. 

How many games has he played 1 snap in? And I live in Atlanta, I've watched Coleman play plenty. People just love to throw out labels because it's easier than actually doing homework.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, kball09 said:

How many games has he played 1 snap in? And I live in Atlanta, I've watched Coleman play plenty. People just love to throw out labels because it's easier than actually doing homework.

Didn’t mean to imply he only played 1 snap. Sorry I needed to clarify this. And what does you living in Atlanta have to do with knowing more about Coleman? I love how people throw this around as to give them more credibility or something. Never mind the fact that there’s NFL Sunday ticket to catch EVERY single game if you’d like. And local fan forums as well. The internet is a neat thing. But since you “live” in Atlanta, then you would know to expect the inevitable Coleman “limp” off the field routine. He’s good for at least one a game.....Unfortunately you won’t be able to see that for at least another 5 weeks or so.

Edited by Sonny_D

24 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

Didn’t mean to imply he only played 1 snap. Sorry I needed to clarify this. And what does you living in Atlanta have to do with knowing more about Coleman? I love how people throw this around as to give them more credibility or something. Never mind the fact that there’s NFL Sunday ticket to catch EVERY single game if you’d like. And local fan forums as well. The internet is a neat thing. But since you “live” in Atlanta, then you would know to expect the inevitable Coleman “limp” off the field routine. He’s good for at least one a game.....Unfortunately you won’t be able to see that for at least another 5 weeks or so.

Ok.

He's still right.

Coleman isn't any less durable than the average running back.

If you're going to call him "Mr. Glass", who are you not applying that nickname to?

And yes, I'm from Atlanta too and have watched every game of TC's career.

IMO he is a drop city for 12 team or less unless you have  IR spot in your 12 team league. I dont see him having a guarantee spot to be a lead back when he comes back. 

Bump. Any reason to hold? 49ers did just fine, but there's a reason tevin was #1 on depth chart? What are the biggest reasons to hold? RBS seem to be going down like flies but this is a very profitable piece of the running back pie.

23 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Bump. Any reason to hold? 49ers did just fine, but there's a reason tevin was #1 on depth chart? What are the biggest reasons to hold? RBS seem to be going down like flies but this is a very profitable piece of the running back pie.

definitely drop in 10 team leagues, might drop in 12 team depending on bench size. in 14 teamers probably hold

I feel like this is simply a backfield I'd avoid. Because of the injury probability there's likely to be a different lead back in any given week.

13 minutes ago, griffin727 said:

I feel like this is simply a backfield I'd avoid. Because of the injury probability there's likely to be a different lead back in any given week.

Shanahan RBs always overachieve and have monster games like this last week.  Of all the committee's his make the most sense to invest in.

Steady hold. This will be a very productive backfield this season, if Tevin can stay healthy (big IF) he may be a solid RB2 for the second half of the season.

During the broadcast, they said that the coaching staff always thought of Breida as their best runner and that they brought in Mckinnon and Coleman to complement him.  Take from that what you will.  

I will also add that Mostert and Wilson looked jaw droppingly good this weekend.  

2 hours ago, Mathew Berry said:

During the broadcast, they said that the coaching staff always thought of Breida as their best runner and that they brought in Mckinnon and Coleman to complement him.  Take from that what you will.  

I will also add that Mostert and Wilson looked jaw droppingly good this weekend.  

Best runner is fine. I’m more interested in receptions and goal line which are Coleman’s specialties. So consensus here is don’t drop?

1 minute ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Best runner is fine. I’m more interested in receptions and goal line which are Coleman’s specialties. So consensus here is don’t drop?

Lol no do not drop.

See what Mostert and Wilson did last week?

That is Tevin Coleman, merged into one.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mathew Berry said:

Sure they did.

You always give 8 million a year to a RB to be the backup ;)

Im in a 10 team and im still holding...Why, i have no clue other than my only other back up RB is M Sanders. Im on the verge of letting go, Mosert, Breida, Coleman..Thats a lot of splitting. 

Holding in a 14 and 18 team. Not sure I would hold in a 10, depends on waiver options. But fully expect the split to be a 2 man crew once Coleman gets back.

14 hours ago, MrE said:

Sure they did.

You always give 8 million a year to a RB to be the backup ;)

4 million a year