urban2014

Tevin Coleman 2019 Outlook

6 minutes ago, Skip23 said:

What are the chances that Mostert gets more snaps than Coleman ROS?

Low? Coleman started for a reason because he's better than the others. He's also shannys boy

1 hour ago, Skip23 said:

What are the chances that Mostert gets more snaps than Coleman ROS?

low to medium/low

So is there a good chance that SF will change his status to "out" in the next couple days? He is screwing up my ability to drop/add people.

• Haha 1

I'm still holding too but with the usage shown, we need to remember this is going to be a timeshare and middling RB2 is his absolute upside. If you have the need for something else and need to sacrifice that long term possibility for short term needs, you have to think about doing it.

I assume he starts practicing during the bye and is ready to go week 5... wush I could put him on IR already since they know he is out

If you let him go he’ll be the #1 pickup following his bye next week

Edited by Chwf3rd

So no designation update on this guy? Still says "questionable" in Yahoo. Hopefully he gets changed to "out" within the next couple days. 

Edited by mbell317

If anything the 49ers have shown Coleman is not really necessary to the success of the offense. I'd understand chomping at the bit to pick him up for free if the team was floundering without him. 

Quite the contrary...

10 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

If anything the 49ers have shown Coleman is not really necessary to the success of the offense. I'd understand chomping at the bit to pick him up for free if the team was floundering without him. 

Quite the contrary...

Orrr, you could see that any RB with a role in that offense has value, and when he comes back and most likely becomes one of the primary backs, you want him on your roster. 

Tevin Coleman (ankle) has shed his walking boot.

Coleman is out for Week 3, but he's been cleared for light rehab work. The 49ers have yet to give a timetable on when they expect Coleman back. Matt Breida, Raheem Mostert, and Jeff Wilson will continue to form a three-man committee until he returns.

• Like 3

Pretty much want to grab now if he was dropped in your league for some reason. Someone is bound to grab him off waivers next week and ride out the bye.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kball09 said:

Pretty much want to grab now if he was dropped in your league for some reason. Someone is bound to grab him off waivers next week and ride out the bye.

Was dropped in mine.  Gotta wait till next Wednesday to scoop. Gonna have to use faab but I'm going for him. 

4 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Designate him 'out' you 49ers bastards!!!

I need a kicker!

Yea, still having him Q is, well, questionable...

He was just dropped in my 12 team PPR. Putting in a claim for him, I like him as a bye week filler later on in the season. Really hoping I land him

3 minutes ago, Mr.STD said:

Yea, still having him Q is, well, questionable...

I believe that teams are required to submit a "Game Status" report by 1 PM PST/4 EST today (Friday) if they have a Sunday game.

https://www.49ers.com/team/injury-report/ As you can see they still haven't put a Game Status.

I'm hoping/assuming that when this report comes out that Yahoo will change him to "out". 

9 hours ago, mbell317 said:

I believe that teams are required to submit a "Game Status" report by 1 PM PST/4 EST today (Friday) if they have a Sunday game.

https://www.49ers.com/team/injury-report/ As you can see they still haven't put a Game Status.

I'm hoping/assuming that when this report comes out that Yahoo will change him to "out". 

He was marked out shortly after that. Yahoo also picked up on that.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Smoketheclay said:

Looks like he will be back for week 5.  What can we expect from him at that point?  Will he be the lead back?  15 touches?

Likely back to 50/50 with Breida eventually, maybe not as soon as week 5.

18 minutes ago, kball09 said:

Likely back to 50/50 with Breida eventually, maybe not as soon as week 5.

I honestly feel that it may be 55/45 in favor of breida by the end of the season. He's our best runner. 

1 hour ago, Neptune said:

I honestly feel that it may be 55/45 in favor of breida by the end of the season. He's our best runner. 

Yeah, most are on the Breida train. I own them both in separate leagues as a hedge. It may bes the case but I think Coleman becomes the GL back in that split. Hard to tell based on the small Coleman sample so far.

Either way, both guys will be startable. San Fran has shown how productive their running game can be,