urban2014

Tevin Coleman 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

He’s out on espn and waiting to be unleashed from my ir spot in week 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's currently sitting on my wire, contemplating grabbing him before the games tomorrow. Realistically, are we looking at a return in week 5 or would we be looking at a later return?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Onyx said:

He's currently sitting on my wire, contemplating grabbing him before the games tomorrow. Realistically, are we looking at a return in week 5 or would we be looking at a later return?

 

Interested as well. He's sitting on the wire.

Was he put on IR? 

Contemplating dropping J. Hill for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That might be the biggest committee backfield in the league. Shannahan knows what he's doing by mixing it up, but it's gonna make picking a usable RB for fantasy purposes incredibly difficult after Coleman returns. 

Pass. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could do worse in an emergency you can never have enough good backs plus 49ers look real good with lots of opportunities for scoring. Im holding as my RB4 or Flex2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The G Man said:

That might be the biggest committee backfield in the league. Shannahan knows what he's doing by mixing it up, but it's gonna make picking a usable RB for fantasy purposes incredibly difficult after Coleman returns. 

Pass. 

 

They literally had 3 usable fantasy backs last week.

Unless you're in a shallow league, having one of the starting running backs from the niners on your bench this year is a good idea.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, bengalfan27 said:

You could do worse in an emergency you can never have enough good backs plus 49ers look real good with lots of opportunities for scoring. Im holding as my RB4 or Flex2

 

2 minutes ago, kball09 said:

 

They literally had 3 usable fantasy backs last week.

Unless you're in a shallow league, having one of the starting running backs from the niners on your bench this year is a good idea.

 

My point was after Coleman comes back it's going to dilute the value of all of them. 

But yes, in deeper leagues you can do worse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, The G Man said:

 

 

My point was after Coleman comes back it's going to dilute the value of all of them. 

But yes, in deeper leagues you can do worse. 

 

I don’t think Raheem will be used much. It’ll be an 60/40 split between Tevin and Breida.

 

which both will return flex value with RB2 upside 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Nguvocity said:

 

I don’t think Raheem will be used much. It’ll be an 60/40 split between Tevin and Breida.

 

which both will return flex value with RB2 upside 

 

We'll see. Mostert's looked pretty good thus far. He's not just gonna go away IMO.

Edited by The G Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The G Man said:

 

We'll see. Mostert's looked pretty good thus far. He's not just gonna go away IMO.

 

He only played so much last week because of the blowout. I don't think this is suddenly a four man committee because their 3/4 string backs looked good in garbage time. But agree to disagree, we should know in a few weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kball09 said:

 

He only played so much last week because of the blowout. I don't think this is suddenly a four man committee because their 3/4 string backs looked good in garbage time. But agree to disagree, we should know in a few weeks.

 

Wilson will be inactive once Coleman comes back. Tevin will get a chance to prove himself... he has a history with Shanahan, and they signed him for a reason. If he struggles, I could see Mostert eating into his share.

 

All this assumes Breida’s health, which as we know, is never a given. If he goes down, Coleman will probably see 60% of the touches minimum, with Mostert getting most of the rest, and Wilson mixing in.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see a 3-man committee, with the hot hand dominating 2nd half touches and Coleman in for the 2-minute drill since he’s the best route runner and pass blocker with Mostert getting some goal line work. Wilson will go back to the practice squad imo as he’s got a duplicative skill set to Mosterts. 

 

Im not counting on Breida getting hurt either. I’m more worried about Coleman getting reinjured than anything else. Hopefully he’s the cream that rises to the top though. 

Edited by WestCoastMets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WestCoastMets said:

I see a 3-man committee, with the hot hand dominated 2nd half touches and Coleman in for the 2-minute frill since he’s the best route runner and pass blocker with Mostert getting some goal line work. Wilson will go back to the practice squad imo as he’s got a duplicative skill set to Mosterts. 

 

Im not counting on Breida getting hurt either. I’m more worried about Coleman getting reinjured than anything else. Hopefully he’s the cream that rises to the top though. 

 

Mostert is like 170-180lbs no way he's getting GL work. I think Coleman will be the most injured out if the bunch, but we'll see. I'll be starting breida over Coleman even once Coleman's back until Coleman proves something

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, scheibler said:

 

Mostert is like 170-180lbs no way he's getting GL work. I think Coleman will be the most injured out if the bunch, but we'll see. I'll be starting breida over Coleman even once Coleman's back until Coleman proves something

 

I see him listed at 5' 10", 205lbs. Maybe not GL back build per say, but not small either. And, he's looked good. He's got some skills. He's not going away. 

A 3-man committee is EXACTLY what you'll see when Coleman comes back. That's just how Shannahan rolls. He don't care about us. He wants to keep his backs fresh (and healthy). 

Edited by The G Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, The G Man said:

A 3-man committee is EXACTLY what you'll see when Coleman comes back. That's just how Shannahan rolls. He don't care about us. He wants to keep his backs fresh (and healthy). 

Yet somehow maintains the most injured backfield in the NFL.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, hoppychokes said:

Yet somehow maintains the most injured backfield in the NFL.

 

3 man committee means 3 way split. I highly doubt it’ll be 33/33/33.

 

most likely 50/40/10 favoring Coleman at the very least 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hoppychokes said:

Yet somehow maintains the most injured backfield in the NFL.

 

I know, right?! 

Crazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If today doesn't give you confidence that Coleman is gonna feast when he returns, it should. Outside of Breida the other guys looked like JAGs out there. Coleman combines the best traits of them all. Buy low...I'm holding on. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

If today doesn't give you confidence that Coleman is gonna feast when he returns, it should. Outside of Breida the other guys looked like JAGs out there. Coleman combines the best traits of them all. Buy low...I'm holding on. 

 

Yup, what’s crazy is that Coleman is going to be the GL back.

 

Breida or Mosert isn’t trusted there. They brought up a dude from the practice squad...

 

Bye week is coming at a good time for the 9ners.

 

expect Coleman and Breida to BOTH get 15 touches each from here on out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Nguvocity said:

 

Yup, what’s crazy is that Coleman is going to be the GL back.

 

Breida or Mosert isn’t trusted there. They brought up a dude from the practice squad...

 

Bye week is coming at a good time for the 9ners.

 

expect Coleman and Breida to BOTH get 15 touches each from here on out!

 

Except that Coleman sucks at the GL. I’m just saying. Mostert hasn’t been given a chance at volume, and probably never will, but look at the guy’s YPC when he runs. Dude can play. I wouldn’t say he’s a JAG quite yet. 

Edited by Sonny_D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

 

Except that Coleman sucks at the GL. I’m just saying. Mostert hasn’t been given a chance at volume, and probably never will, but look at the guy’s YPC when he runs. Dude can play. I wouldn’t say he’s a JAG quite yet. 

 

Never said Mosert is a JAG, it’s all about the coaching and right now, Mosert or Breida isn’t trusted there 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nguvocity said:

 

Yup, what’s crazy is that Coleman is going to be the GL back.

 

Breida or Mosert isn’t trusted there. They brought up a dude from the practice squad...

 

Bye week is coming at a good time for the 9ners.

 

expect Coleman and Breida to BOTH get 15 touches each from here on out!

 

Except Jeff Wilson has been excellent in the red zone which is where they bring him in. Shades of Matt Asiata except less fat...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, street sharks said:

 

Except Jeff Wilson has been excellent in the red zone which is where they bring him in. Shades of Matt Asiata except less fat...

 

Right, Shanny Isn’t going to have 4 active RBs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.