urban2014

Tevin Coleman 2019 Outlook

6 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Give me the ordinary talent in a great situation over the exceptional talent in a crappy situation 10 out of 10 times.

I wouldn't say 10 out of 10 times.  But in general, I agree with this.

11 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

9.9 out of 10

I was just thinking of Barkley.  There may some others but he was the easiest to think of.

Bell, I suppose.

Edited by K197040

22 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Give me the ordinary talent in a great situation over the exceptional talent in a crappy situation 10 out of 10 times.

As a Mixon owner I could not agree more. 

• Like 1

On 10/14/2019 at 9:52 AM, Ruut6 said:

Solid game, 20 touches and a TD. As expected, Coleman is the goal line back, with the following results:

-   Scored from the 2

-   Stuffed from the 6 (-1 yards, hit behind the line)

-   2 yards from the 3

-   Stuffed at the 1 (Jimmy G then sneaked)

-   Stuffed at the 2 (Two throws on 2nd/3rd ends in a FG)

I was watching the game, but can't remember:  How many drives did those last 4 touches come on?  In other words, I'm thinking he had a total of 3 different goal line drives for the game, does that sound right?.  ESPN had him scoring 14 points less than expected for the game based on his opportunities.  He had a good game when it could have been a blowup game.  It's really promising for his ROS outlook if he keeps most of the goal to go work. 

I was wondering what people think of where he should be ranked ROS.   Because the San Fran D is looking really good, they should be getting a lot more possessions and chances to run the ball.  Based on Shanahan's recent playcalling, I would think he prefers to run the ball.  High end RB2, low end RB1 is what I think, maybe higher if he gets the goal line work.  I got him higher than Lesean McCoy and Jordan Howard, for example. 

9 minutes ago, rocket said:

I was wondering what people think of where he should be ranked ROS.   Because the San Fran D is looking really good, they should be getting a lot more possessions and chances to run the ball.  Based on Shanahan's recent playcalling, I would think he prefers to run the ball.  High end RB2, low end RB1 is what I think, maybe higher if he gets the goal line work.  I got him higher than Lesean McCoy and Jordan Howard, for example. 

LeSean McCoy or Jordan Howard are not in his stratosphere, Consistent RB2 with RB1 upside some weeks.

• Like 1

I’d go more with consistent flex with RB2 upside.  Still a valuable guy to own and a steal if you grabbed him off waivers while he was hurt 

1 hour ago, lla887 said:

I’d go more with consistent flex with RB2 upside.  Still a valuable guy to own and a steal if you grabbed him off waivers while he was hurt 

what is Breida then? 

17 hours ago, Nguvocity said:

what is Breida then? 

Breida may have more value in PPR leagues

21 minutes ago, jpark211 said:

Breida may have more value in PPR leagues

Hard to see how that's the case. Not like Coleman is shunned from passing work and is the unquestioned goal line back. Coleman is more valuable in all formats.

18 hours ago, Nguvocity said:

what is Breida then? 

RB3 most weeks with RB1 upside.

Is Bredia in concussion protocol? I know he went out of last weeks game and got checked out. 

4 minutes ago, Mmiller186 said:

Is Bredia in concussion protocol? I know he went out of last weeks game and got checked out. 

Breida returned to the game in the 4th quarter, so fairly safe to assume he was cleared with no concussion.

• Thanks 1

Breida would be the 1st overall pick in the "playing through injuries" league. This guy is unreal. Every game he is down on the field in pain with some bumps and bruises. But no matter if it's the dreaded ankle sprain or concussion, he finds a way to return. If not in the very same game, then in the next one.

As for Coleman, who is his handcuff if you missed out on Breida in the draft? Mostert is probably the favorite but it might actually be Jeff Wilson, who took over the short yardage goalline role with Coleman out and looked great. Honestly, Breida would orobably lead the RBBC with Mostert and Wilson sharing Coleman's touches. If I had to roster one of them to handcuff Coleman, who should it be? It's not the ideal handcuff situation, but a strong running game that's proven to produce numbers with a great defense to rely on is usually a source for fantasy points.

14 minutes ago, frog34 said:

Breida would be the 1st overall pick in the "playing through injuries" league. This guy is unreal. Every game he is down on the field in pain with some bumps and bruises. But no matter if it's the dreaded ankle sprain or concussion, he finds a way to return. If not in the very same game, then in the next one.

As for Coleman, who is his handcuff if you missed out on Breida in the draft? Mostert is probably the favorite but it might actually be Jeff Wilson, who took over the short yardage goalline role with Coleman out and looked great. Honestly, Breida would orobably lead the RBBC with Mostert and Wilson sharing Coleman's touches. If I had to roster one of them to handcuff Coleman, who should it be? It's not the ideal handcuff situation, but a strong running game that's proven to produce numbers with a great defense to rely on is usually a source for fantasy points.

wilson is the short yardage guy but imo Mostert is the better cuff as a more complete back, higher chance to get 10 a week if tevin sits plus td upside

6 minutes ago, 9amest said:

wilson is the short yardage guy but imo Mostert is the better cuff as a more complete back, higher chance to get 10 a week if tevin sits plus td upside

Are you in a 20 team league? You’re debating a cuff to a cuff...there has to be better lottery tickets on the wire right now. 

6 minutes ago, RandyShackleford said:

Are you in a 20 team league? You’re debating a cuff to a cuff...there has to be better lottery tickets on the wire right now. 

I was just answering his question obv any niners backup isn't mattison or edmonds level

Just now, 9amest said:

I was just answering his question obv any niners backup isn't mattison or edmonds level

Fair, my reply was directed at the original question more than your reply. 

I understand that this isn't a prototype handcuff situation. But in competitive leagues with 12+ teams, all major handcuffs are rostered. Breida was obviously drafted, although I don't even think his share would grow much with Coleman out, considering Breida has troubles staying in games anyway.

So with all major handcuffs rostered, Coleman owners could be better off cuffing him. It's not like the other available options wouldn't be in some sort of timeshare.

49ers actually have a good situation: strong run game, proven scheme, good OL that's getting healthier, great defense, run-heavy coach.

Love to see this, even though him and breida matched in carries he has a clear monopoly over the goal line work, top 15 option ROS