urban2014

Tevin Coleman 2019 Outlook

Beautiful RB1 upside ROS with this vaunted D, always leading or in the game.

Best RB in the game after McCaffrey?

Not many will get his volume and all the RZ looks for their team. He is their entire offense

• Haha 7

What one game can do. People starting to change their mind on Coleman now. If you monitor and judge situations closely, you knew a game like this was coming.

Shanny's running scheme means 100% fool-proof production, so that even with both their LT and RT out, they created huge holes and cutback lanes for Coleman.

With that running scheme and a defense that can absolutely destory opponents, I foresee some heavy loads for Coleman. Could sneak into low RB1 conversation in the next couple weeks.

2 minutes ago, HTXMade said:

Can't believe a few weeks ago I picked up this guy for free lol

Can't believe I considered dropping him when he was hurt

Bbbuuuttt bbbuuuttt bbbuuut the production will drop now that the fullback is out. Plus that backfield is crazy crowded. How will he carve out a role behind Wilson? LMAO! Go back and check the history. The sky is not falling. It’s actually expanding!!!! 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Bbbuuuttt bbbuuuttt bbbuuut the production will drop now that the fullback is out. Plus that backfield is crazy crowded. How will he carve out a role behind Wilson? LMAO! Go back and check the history. The sky is not falling. It’s actually expanding!!!! 

Crazy that they are still without their two starting O-line with McGlinchey and Staley out... Everything is clicking for SF

Not gonna lie. Had him on my bench in the one league I own him (started Carson and Conner over him). Will definitely be looking at a way to get him in my lineup moving forward. 

Carolina, WTF?!

2 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

Best RB in the game after McCaffrey?

Not many will get his volume and all the RZ looks for their team. He is their entire offense

Kittle and Sanders say hi

On 10/15/2019 at 10:21 PM, lla887 said:

I’d go more with consistent flex with RB2 upside.  Still a valuable guy to own and a steal if you grabbed him off waivers while he was hurt 

I appreciate all the guys who agreed and said RB1 upside it's pretty freakin clear as day.. 15-20 touches a game and every goal line touch on a run first team with a dominant defense/positive game script.

Edited by CroNY

3 minutes ago, CroNY said:

yes you can cherry pick a comment before TC had a big game and repost it after.  Want a cookie?

• Like 1

Just now, lla887 said:

yes you can cherry pick a comment before TC had a big game and repost it after.  Want a cookie?

I can also quote myself from 2-3 weeks ago as well, depends what kind of cookie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CroNY said:

I can also quote myself from 2-3 weeks ago as well, depends what kind of cookie.

I dunno like oatmeal raisin or something

And yes it a good game.  And yes I was wrong.  Coleman definitely better than a flex

• Like 1

15 hours ago, HTXMade said:

I tried but missed on the waiver order.

15 hours ago, HTXMade said:

Same here.

49ers run game is 90's Broncos-lite.

Any word on Brieda injury?  If that’s a long term thing Coleman takes on the bell cow role.  Could be a huge game next week against the Cards

1 minute ago, lla887 said:

Any word on Brieda injury?  If that’s a long term thing Coleman takes on the bell cow role.  Could be a huge game next week against the Cards

Brieda said he would be fine but with a quick turnaround and 10 days off after, they may limit his workload. Coleman is going to be in for huge games ros with how the niners are using him and where. Hes a stud.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Chwf3rd said:

I never understood why people were dropping him 

He was injured in week one and in a committee, there was uncertainty what his role would be when he came back.  Meanwhile, the waiver wire pickups in Week's one & two, looked really promising.

2 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Brieda said he would be fine but with a quick turnaround and 10 days off after, they may limit his workload. Coleman is going to be in for huge games ros with how the niners are using him and where. Hes a stud.

I can see both sides of the argument for the question if would he be better with or without Breida playing.  Coleman is pretty fast, but Breida is blazing fast.  That difference in style can confuse the defense and make it easier for Coleman.  There have been times when Breida got the team close to the goal line and Coleman got the TD.  Then again, if Breida is out, you love the increased volume for Coleman.  A comment from one of his teammates was that Coleman runs really hard and with disregard for his body, which is rare in a RB.  That's probably part of why he's been injury prone and used in a comittee.   

I know we are enjoying this output, including some of us for free, but what is his trade value?

Perfect moment to sell high if you're set at RB and need to improve in other areas.

15 minutes ago, lla887 said:

I don’t think it will affect Coleman that much.  Shanny prefers to use multiple RBs, so I think Mostert would just slide into the Breida role.  It could mean a few more touches a week since Mostert isn’t as dynamic as Breida, but I don’t think Tevin steps into a bellcow role if Matt is out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, lla887 said:

Don't think Coleman will ever be given bellcow carries. He just isn't built for that. While Coleman is electric, I give more credit to the system. If Breida goes down, you fire up one of the other two backs in his stead. (Mostert, Wilson). Coleman is perfect with limited carries IMO. Plucked him off waivers after he was dropped week 1 and incubated him until he hatched. Now he is laying golden eggs like he is lactose intolerant and forced to drink the milk from his teammates unfinished bowls of cereal!

Edited by Fantasy Gooroo
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4