elroypedro

Kenyan Drake 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

1 minute ago, vercrazy said:

spacer.png

Add Glen from The Walking Dead under that dumpster and you can sell that thing for much dinero!

6 minutes ago, vercrazy said:

spacer.png

As a Miami fan and Drake fan there is so much going on here... Might have to be my FF team logo... :(

3 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Talent "Trump's" many things. Drake would be better than Jamal Williams and probably Aaron jones., He is a better pass blocker than both of them.

Chargers - he is better than Justin Jackson and would help lighten the load on ekeler, unless you think ekeler can handle almost 400 touches this season.

Titans, Drake would phase Lewis out and be the compliment to Henry they always wanted 

49'ers, Drake would be the best arB on that roster if he went there.

Good chance he returns punts and kicks wherever he goes too, which is another bonus.

Not sure if this is sarcasm but Jamaal Williams is one of the best pass protecting RBs in the league. Drake is probably one of the worst.

Just now, RoseLin23 said:

Someone dropped this cat in my league. Worth a pickup in case of a potential trade?

Unless you have a deep bench, I would just leave him on the waivers, and put a notification on your phone for Drake and hope the trade happens after Wednesday, before Sunday. That's what I'm planning to do after dropping him. There's also no guarantee he goes to a favorable spot. A lot of spots that are mentioned already have timeshares.

Just dropped drake and picked up gore. Needed a backup plan in case mack’s out this week. Will keep an eye out on his value tho in case a trade happens, but even then..

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Link?

Paywall.

It's been common knowledge for a couple years now about Jamaal Williams.

As for Drake, that's also pretty common knowledge that he's absolute trash at pass protection, especially if you watched him last season.

3 minutes ago, n4sa said:

Paywall.

As for Drake, that's also pretty common knowledge that he's absolute trash at pass protection, especially if you watched him last season.

Matt forte. Lol. Good stuff.

That's from 2017. Thanks for the giggle.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, n4sa said:

Paywall.

Where's Drake?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WaiverLooter said:

Unless you have a deep bench, I would just leave him on the waivers, and put a notification on your phone for Drake and hope the trade happens after Wednesday, before Sunday. That's what I'm planning to do after dropping him. There's also no guarantee he goes to a favorable spot. A lot of spots that are mentioned already have timeshares.

You are kidding me right? 

That's the exact definition of what you don't do until we know where he's going.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

You are kidding me right? 

That's the exact definition of what you don't do until we know where he's going.

Ok good luck potentially waiting all season. I’d rather pick up someone you can use now than wait for a “potential” trade that can “possibly” increase his value. Especially in a league with 5 bench spots.

If you were hurt at RB, you could literally start Gore and Hyde right now, both of which were available this week. Even a high handcuff like Samuels, Malcolm Brown, Penny has more value, as I would say the chance of injury to the starter is just as likely as a Drake trade, only that the handcuff has way more upside.

Edited by WaiverLooter

9 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

Ok good luck potentially waiting all season. I’d rather pick up someone you can use now than wait for a “potential” trade that can “possibly” increase his value. Especially in a league with 5 bench spots.

If you were hurt at RB, you could literally start Gore and Hyde right now, both of which were available this week. Even a high handcuff like Samuels, Malcolm Brown, Penny has more value, as I would say the chance of injury to the starter is just as likely as a Drake trade, only that the handcuff has way more upside.

I would rather be patient and take my chances with him being on the end of my bench as there is a high possibility he's going to moved.

He could go from this very unfavorable situation to a starter in a matter of moments and then he'll be impossible to pickup unless you have the #1 waiver claim in your league.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Matt forte. Lol. Good stuff.

That's from 2017. Thanks for the giggle.

You're the one that said Drake is better than Aaron Jones and Jamaal Williams at pass blocking.

Show me those stats?

13 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

I would rather be patient and take my chances with him being on the end of my bench as there is a high possibility he's going to moved.

He could go from this very unfavorable situation to a starter in a matter of moments and then he'll be impossible to pickup unless you have the #1 waiver claim in your league.

I see where you are coming from. I guess you and I are on the far spectrum of opinions on the likelihood of a trade. I would rank the following considerations for keeping vs dropping Drake:

1) Your outlook on the possibility of a trade

2) Your outlook on the destination. I would say ATL and Chargers are the best possible spots but he could easily be traded to some RBBC nightmare.

3a) How you weigh those potential destinations vs a high handcuff. I’ll keep the comparisons simple and just stick to RBs

3b) How you weigh Drake’s future against a serviceable RB like Gore, Hyde, Chris Thompson (ppr). More will emerge in the coming weeks just based on injuries and performance.

4) Your willingness to gamble that the trade happens after Wednesday and that you’re quick to the draw.

6 hours ago, vercrazy said:

spacer.png

I literally LOL'd at this. 

Him going to the 49ers to make a RBBC monster with like...15 RBs would be hilarious. 

• Haha 1

Drake's thread last year I believe had more pages than fantasy points scored. Looks like we're trending there again. Dude's a folk legend or something.

Seems like most of you here have split opioions on keeping Drake for potential trade possibility vs leaving him on the wire for a better handcuff. What if I were to tell you I have 2 defenses at the moment? Worth dropping one and putting in a waiver for Drake?

48 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

Seems like most of you here have split opioions on keeping Drake for potential trade possibility vs leaving him on the wire for a better handcuff. What if I were to tell you I have 2 defenses at the moment? Worth dropping one and putting in a waiver for Drake?

Depends on the defenses but yeah I would. I play in PPR so it's easier to hold drake. He got what 9.6 and didn't do anything really. To me that's a good sign of points to come and pretty decent rb5. I can't do better on my waiver wire

Edited by Eaglesflyhigh11
T
  • Like 1

I read an article that stated potential landing spots including SF, LAC, GB, and TENN. None of those would be ideal....the chances Drake gets traded to a team where he's not part of a RBBC are slim to say the least. Not sure if he's worth the hold.

6 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

I read an article that stated potential landing spots including SF, LAC, GB, and TENN. None of those would be ideal....the chances Drake gets traded to a team where he's not part of a RBBC are slim to say the least. Not sure if he's worth the hold.

These articles are used to sniff out the true interested party... All NFL teams are interested at a talent for the right price...

I could see him in Washington if anything were to happen to Chris Thompson, who let's face it...is kinda injury prone. 

• Like 1