elroypedro

Kenyan Drake 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

3 minutes ago, The G Man said:

I could see him in Washington if anything were to happen to Chris Thompson, who let's face it...is kinda injury prone. 

Man, Washington could use him. 

Guice hurt again. As an organization are they happy with this many injuries? Hard to trust long term.

Peterson, how long does he stay effective?

Drake would be a nice piece to add for 2 seasons of his rookie deal and see whether you would want to sign him to an extension or not.

Love that Drakes week 3 projection is 2 points while Tevin Coleman’s and Kallen Ballage’s are 4. That’s all you need to know about the dolphins O, and yahoo for that matter

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, WestCoastMets said:

Love that Drakes week 3 projection is 2 points while Tevin Coleman’s and Kallen Ballage’s are 4. That’s all you need to know about the dolphins O, and yahoo for that matter

2 freaking points? Gonna scare everyone away from starting him this weekend.

Perfect DFS dart throw that no one will start

18 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

2 freaking points? Gonna scare everyone away from starting him this weekend.

Perfect DFS dart throw that no one will start

👍

agreed here, Cleats ...

Dallas is coming off two divisional games, and have the Saints week 4 in primetime ... now, that loses a TON of luster due to the Brees absence, but, still ... PrimeTime for the 'Boys - nuttin' Jerrrruhhh and Zeke and co love more ... then the Packers week 5.

i think they get caught looking ahead this week ... i believe Miami can go down there and deliver a haymaker ... not calling for the upset, but the 'Phins will keep it relatively close -

fading Dallas laying the points, and very tempted to fade their D in what looks to be the cakiest of cake matchups. 

🍰

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

👍

agreed here, Cleats ...

Dallas is coming off two divisional games, and have the Saints week 4 in primetime ... now, that loses a TON of luster due to the Brees absence, but, still ... PrimeTime for the 'Boys - nuttin' Jerrrruhhh and Zeke and co love more ... then the Packers week 5.

i think they get caught looking ahead this week ... i believe Miami can go down there and deliver a haymaker ... not calling for the upset, but the 'Phins will keep it relatively close -

fading Dallas laying the points, and very tempted to fade their D in what looks to be the cakiest of cake matchups. 

🍰

Agree about their defense.

I drafted them with eyes on these first 3 matchups and have gotten squat.  They just playvery safe on defense, don't blitz a lot and don't create big plays.  They should be better with guys like B Jones, LVE, Lawrence, Jaylon Smith, etc.  They just aren't getting sacks, turnovers, etc.  And frankly, they rarely ever seem to over the past 5-6 years.  It has to be coaching and scheme.

As for Drake, I think he's bound to do something eventually.  I mean, at some point Miami will stay in a game and Drake will get more run.  

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, n4sa said:

Somewhere between 24 and 100.

Believe it or not according to PFF in 2018 Aaron Jones was graded the #1 Pass protecting back among the top 40 Drake I believe finished 35th. So Jones must have improved a lot. 

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/2019-fantasy-football-draft-prep-running-back-tells-revealed-by-pro-football-focus-grades/

8 minutes ago, HBEACH said:

Believe it or not according to PFF in 2018 Aaron Jones was graded the #1 Pass protecting back among the top 40 Drake I believe finished 35th. So Jones must have improved a lot. 

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/2019-fantasy-football-draft-prep-running-back-tells-revealed-by-pro-football-focus-grades/

No way? Things have changed since those stats that were posted from back in 2017? RBs often improve their pass pro as the years go on as they now have NFL quality coaching staff devoted to that.

Aaron Jones is an RB the Packers like and trust. He's 5th in the league in total touches so far. Having said that, they also like Williams which is why he's getting 40% of the snap count so far this year.

Anyways back to Drake. I wouldn't be surprised to see an uptick in Drake's usage this week, if not to try to entice a trade.  As for his competition I read this about Ballage, "who boasts the league's single-worst average of yards after contact per attempt to complement his stone hands."

OUCH!

Edited by Big Nate
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

No way? Things have changed since those stats that were posted from back in 2017? RBs often improve their pass pro as the years go on as they now have NFL quality coaching staff devoted to that.

Aaron Jones is an RB the Packers like and trust. He's 5th in the league in total touches so far. Having said that, they also like Williams which is why he's getting 40% of the snap count so far this year.

Anyways back to Drake. I wouldn't be surprised to see an uptick in Drake's usage this week, if not to try to entice a trade.  As for his competition I read this about Ballage, "who boasts the league's single-worst average of yards after contact per attempt to complement his stone hands."

OUCH!

Be funnier than hell if they were traded as a package deal.

Grier: So, we have a deal then? You'll take Drake and Ballage for a 3rd rounder? 

Other GM: No, no, no...just Drake for a 4th. I don't want Ballage.

Grier: But, but, but...I'm trying to get rid of him too. OK, how about both for a 5th then? 

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Depends on the defenses but yeah I would. I play in PPR so it's easier to hold drake. He got what 9.6 and didn't do anything really. To me that's a good sign of points to come and pretty decent rb5. I can't do better on my waiver wire

I agree here.

The way I look at it is we've seen his absolute floor these past two games.  I mean, the Dolphins have played 2 of the strongest teams in the league and will be playing a third this week.  After that, things lighten up a lot IMO.  They aren't going to keep losing 40-0 to teams like the Bills, Jets, Giants, Redskins, Bengals, etc, etc.  

I think there will be plenty of games for Drake to be useful, especially as we get into bye weeks.  I mean, Ballage is downright horrible.  Drake is really the only thing they have on offense.  Even as bad as things have been with the blowouts Drake has still played 55% of the snaps.  It's tough finding RB's on the waiver wire in bigger leagues that will be playing 55-60% of the snaps. 

Maybe I'm just feeling optimistic tonight lol. 

12 hours ago, The G Man said:

I could see him in Washington if anything were to happen to Chris Thompson, who let's face it...is kinda injury prone. 

Washington is essentially tanking.

8 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Not if Gruden wants to keep his job. 

As a Skins fan, I'm pretty sure he's gone at the end of the season either way.  Every press conference I watch, he just looks defeated.

2 hours ago, The G Man said:

Not if Gruden wants to keep his job. 

Gruden is not the general manager.  Of course the head coach wants to win - the head coach never wants to tank.  But Gruden won't make the decision whether or not to trade for Kenyan Drake.  And if management looks at this logically, they aren't going to be trading draft picks for veteran guys like Drake right now.

29 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

Gruden is not the general manager.  Of course the head coach wants to win - the head coach never wants to tank.  But Gruden won't make the decision whether or not to trade for Kenyan Drake.  And if management looks at this logically, they aren't going to be trading draft picks for veteran guys like Drake right now.

I agree...I mean why would they do that?  They've done such an awesome job through the draft over the last 20 years 😂

Washington isn't going to trade away future picks this season, at least not important ones. Gruden is gone after this year and management isn't going to cut off the legs of the future coach by having fewer draft picks with which to build his own type of team.

11 hours ago, BurgundyBooger said:

Washington isn't going to shouldn't trade away future picks this season, at least not important ones. Gruden is gone after this year and management isn't going to shouldn't cut off the legs of the future coach by having fewer draft picks with which to build his own type of team.

Giving them more credit than they deserve 🙃

• Haha 2

After looking like the worst team to ever play in the NFL, do the Miami Dolphins finally realize they need to make their best player - Kenyan Drake - the offensive focal point?! 

Probably not, but...

....with the switch to Rosen, I could see Drake getting a decent amount of targets out of the backfield -- if only Miami would smarten up and give him 15 carries/a game....

BOLD Prediction: Kenyan Drake beats his Yahoo! Week 3 Projection of 2.93pts within the first few minutes of the game...😑

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Spina said:

After looking like the worst team to ever play in the NFL, do the Miami Dolphins finally realize they need to make their best player - Kenyan Drake - the offensive focal point?! 

Probably not, but...

....with the switch to Rosen, I could see Drake getting a decent amount of targets out of the backfield -- if only Miami would smarten up and give him 15 carries/a game....

BOLD Prediction: Kenyan Drake beats his Yahoo! Week 3 Projection of 2.93pts within the first few minutes of the game...😑

I agree. Question is how much do they really want to win? 

I really hate all this tanking stuff. It undermines the competitive balance of the league. 

6 minutes ago, Spina said:

Probably not, but...

This would be great I've got him sitting on my bench in all my leagues for either this to start happening or a trade... One will have to eventually happen though right?

2 minutes ago, The G Man said:

I agree. Question is how much do they really want to win? 

I really hate all this tanking stuff. It undermines the competitive balance of the league. 

Yeah they are just waiting for a couple of RBs to get hurt to trade Drake for a higher price.  They already traded away everyone else in the offseason.

8 hours ago, The G Man said:

Welcome to Dumpsville KD. 

No ty. I play in ppr for a rb5 he's a keep in my book. Roughly safe 10ish points is good to have if injuries pile up

8 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

No ty. I play in ppr for a rb5 he's a keep in my book. Roughly safe 10ish points is good to have if injuries pile up

I fully support and endorse this logic.  Also keep in mind the possibility he gets traded elevating his value.  

He’s got decent value in PPR as a bench RB. The Dolphins won’t be playing NE and DAL every week.