Jump to content
Rotoworld.com Forums

Kenyan Drake 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

this post aged well

I hope Drake doesn't get traded to Tennessee, simply because I'm afraid my good friend @DerrickHenrysCleats would die from an ecstasy-induced embolism if Henry and Drake were on the same team.

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

 

Agree...And they should be.

Drake and Edmonds will probably share the backup duties behind DJ if all 3 backs are healthy.  And if DJ is out, Drake/Edmonds split the lead duties.

Really just bad for everybody involved here if you ask me.  Drake will be a good play for one week....Although, not sure it's all that good against the 49ers.

After the 10 day layoff, DJ is probably back.

Really, really dampens Edmond's outlook.  Frankly, I'll probably be dumping Edmonds back to the free agent pool everywhere I own him.


Id prob hold tight and get injury clarification-  but with a bye and the niners coming up twice with the Bucs sandwiched in the next month...you’re not crazy for making the move if roster space forces your hand.  
 

DJ to IR or shelved for a while isn’t out of the question 

Edited by Impreza178
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jumper said:

Drake must have a lot of bad karma to work off from a prior life as he keeps getting put into the worst possible scenarios to succeed.  Absent getting sent to the Bengals this is perhaps worst possible landing spot.  RIP fantasy owners. 

 

Yeah, I don't see much here unless DJ is hurt worse than they're letting on....which could be possible as this whole situation has a bad stench to it.

That said, Drake didn't land in a great spot unless both DJ and Edmonds miss a bunch of time.  Then he could be okay.  At least he moved to a better offensive team which increses his potential.

The schedule is worrysome though....And AZ still has a bye coming.

I really don't see him being very useful the next month unless you need a desperation play this week.  And if DJ/Edmonds get healthy, he's probably not very useful later either.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Drake is better than Edmonds

 

This.

People seem enamored by Edmonds running through truck sized holes against the hapless Giants that give up chunk yards everytime.

Edited by nonstopfan
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s possible Drake kills it with the Cards.  Sometimes a change is what a talented player needs.  Look at Amari Cooper last year.  Obviously Drake is not Cooper but there is definitely a scenario where he shines here.  

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Drake is better than Edmonds

 

 

He's really not. This is clearly just a contingency plan for DJ. If he misses time it's going to be worthless mess with Drake and Edmonds splitting carries. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

 

Yeah, I don't see much here unless DJ is hurt worse than they're letting on....which could be possible as this whole situation has a bad stench to it.

That said, Drake didn't land in a great spot unless both DJ and Edmonds miss a bunch of time.  Then he could be okay.  At least he moved to a better offensive team which increses his potential.

The schedule is worrysome though....And AZ still has a bye coming.

I really don't see him being very useful the next month unless you need a desperation play this week.  And if DJ/Edmonds get healthy, he's probably not very useful later either.

 

Drake is better than Edmonds.

 

Prove me wrong.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, lla887 said:

It’s possible Drake kills it with the Cards.  Sometimes a change is what a talented player needs.  Look at Amari Cooper last year.  Obviously Drake is not Cooper but there is definitely a scenario where he shines here.  

 

Very little chance of this happening because 1) Drake isn't that good and 2) He won't get enough carries to make a difference. This week is the only exception because DJ and Edmonds might be out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Surprised the Cards went this route after also bringing in Alfred Morris and Zach Zenner. Seems like they could have patched it over without moving a pick unless Johnson's out for longer than expected. Than again, maybe they just got nervous after Edmonds managed like 1 YPC on 8 carries before his injury.

The Arizona running game hasn't exactly been good this year, either.

Edited by LongBalls
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

 

He's really not. This is clearly just a contingency plan for DJ. If he misses time it's going to be worthless mess with Drake and Edmonds splitting carries. 

 

Can you explain how Edmonds is better than Drake?

 

Based off what? Not statistics.

 

The good old "eye test"?

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LongBalls said:

Surprised the Cards went this route after also bringing in Alfred Morris and Zach Zenner. Seems like they could have patched it over without moving a pick unless Johnson's out for longer than expected. Than again, maybe they just got nervous after Edmonds managed like 1 YPC on 8 carries before his injury.

The Arizona running game hasn't exactly been good this year, either.

 

it sounded like this trade was in the works prior to the game on Sunday 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Drake is better than Edmonds.

 

Prove me wrong.

 

Drake has a history or proven mediocrity whereas Edmonds has upside. I've also watched both play. Edmonds is much more explosive. The only thing Drake does well is drop passes when there's a linebacker within 10 feet of him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jmcampbe11 said:

 

Very little chance of this happening because 1) Drake isn't that good and 2) He won't get enough carries to make a difference. This week is the only exception because DJ and Edmonds might be out. 

Nobody knows how this situation will shake out.   100% wait and see.   The Lions would have been better but the NFL is a funny league  and things often turn out different than they appear at first.    Health is a huge question mark.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

 

Very little chance of this happening because 1) Drake isn't that good and 2) He won't get enough carries to make a difference. This week is the only exception because DJ and Edmonds might be out. 


Two things need to happen.  DJs injury needs to be long term and Drake needs to outplay Edmonds.  Both of these are completely possible 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Can you explain how Edmonds is better than Drake?

 

Based off what? Not statistics.

 

The good old "eye test"?

 

You can't use statistics to evaluate a rookie back who's only started a handful of games. I've seen Drake play. I've seen Edmonds play. Edmonds has more talent. And plenty of scouting relies on your sarcastic "good old eye test" so that argument doesn't work. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lla887 said:


Two things need to happen.  DJs injury needs to be long term and Drake needs to outplay Edmonds.  Both of these are completely possible 

 

...but there was already talk of Edmonds carving a bigger role in the run game even if DJ was healthy. And DJ HAS outperformed Edmonds. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Nobody knows how this situation will shake out.   100% wait and see.   The Lions would have been better but the NFL is a funny league  and things often turn out different than they appear at first.    Health is a huge question mark.  

 

In theory, yes, but don't underestimate the Lion's ability to make a RB useless for fantasy. They haven't had a reliable week to week starter since Barry Sanders. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

 

In theory, yes, but don't underestimate the Lion's ability to make a RB useless for fantasy. They haven't had a reliable week to week starter since Barry Sanders. 


LOL-  truth

Putting aside ROS disagreements for a minute...the niners are a brutal matchup but in a big bye week...drake could be a sneaky flex play.   This is not a style of offense SF faces often, and AZ will not want to leave murray back there holding the ball long  

Edited by Impreza178
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Gmen07 said:

I think he’s a start this week in ppr if you’re in a pinch. It’s a tough matchup but he should get a solid amount of work if he can get up to speed. I’ll be paying attention to reports of how he looks in practice. 

Let me get this straight.

A back that got traded on Monday is a start on Thursday against the best defense in the NFL? Yes, if you're in a pinch in your 20 team league he's a start.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Drake is a flat out JAG. Edmonds has looked pretty good in limited work.

 

Lol, Drake is a jag based off what, mate?

 

I'd like to see chase edmonds play for the Adam Gase or Joe philbin coached Miami dolphins.

 

Drake had a stretch of games in 2017 when he was forced into a starting role that would make chase edmonds blush.

 

Edmonds is a jag, as evidenced by his paltry 1 ypc yesterday before exiting with injury. Something Drake hasn't done in his career.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gohawks said:

Let me get this straight.

A back that got traded on Monday is a start on Thursday against the best defense in the NFL? Yes, if you're in a pinch in your 20 team league he's a start.


If the news indicates he’s the starter and can expect 15+ touches...Drake is the perfect weapon against an aggressive front.   Or do u expect Murray to drop back 5 steps and throw it 50 times 😏 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...