elroypedro

Kenyan Drake 2019 Outlook

This move seems like a lose/lose for all RB’s involved.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Let me get this straight.

A back that got traded on Monday is a start on Thursday against the best defense in the NFL? Yes, if you're in a pinch in your 20 team league he's a start.

If he is the only healthy RB on a team that likes throwing and will absolutely have to throw to their RBs against the 49ers to have any semblance of a run game---yeah I think he should have flex value.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Lol, Drake is a jag based off what, mate?

I'd like to see chase edmonds play for the Adam Gase or Joe philbin coached Miami dolphins.

Drake had a stretch of games in 2017 when he was forced into a starting role that would make chase edmonds blush.

Edmonds is a jag, as evidenced by his paltry 1 ypc yesterday before exiting with injury. Something Drake hasn't done in his career.

It's pretty sad when you have to go back two years to find something positive to say about a RB and you trying to judge Edmonds YPC based on like 2 1/2 starts is pretty asinine. 

4 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

If the news indicates he’s the starter and can expect 15+ touches...Drake is the perfect weapon against an aggressive front.   Or do u expect Murray to drop back 5 steps and throw it 50 times 😏 

I don't expect a guy to get traded on Monday and be heavily involved on Thursday.

7 minutes ago, Smoketheclay said:

Something has to be up with DJ:  either he’s out from injury for an extended time or they may be looking to get rid of him.

Makes zero sense to trade for a 3rd RB if DJ is expected to be healthy in 2 weeks

DJ will be out at “least” the next couple of weeks, as reported.

Just now, Gohawks said:

I don't expect a guy to get traded on Monday and be heavily involved on Thursday.

Sanders arrived in SF days before the game and caught the first TD.  And they actually had other healthy wr options.   

let’s see what the talk is this week 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Drake is a flat out JAG. Edmonds has looked pretty good in limited work.

Drake is such a JAG he's dating Catherine Bell. 

• Haha 1

This has to be more of an issue with Edmonds than DJ.

As a bee DJ owner, that is what I hope and Drake assumes the Drake role.

The coach has been consistent with his coach speak. DJ will be back when fully healthy. 

With Drake also being a catching back. I think they will both get a lot of work on the slot 

12 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Who do you expect to be involved in the backfield? Morris or Zenner? They have like a couple extra days with the organization. If both Johnson and Edmonds are out the Cards really don't have much of a choice except to rely on Drake. I wouldn't be surprised if it's more of a timeshare between some of the newer guys, but Drake is clearly a better option than Morris or Zenner for Murray.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

It's pretty sad when you have to go back two years to find something positive to say about a RB and you trying to judge Edmonds YPC based on like 2 1/2 starts is pretty asinine. 

Edmonds was in AZ last year. He did nothing. While Drake had over 1,000 all purpose yards.

Why wasn't Edmonds good with Steve Wills as his head coach?

Why wasn't Drake good with Adam Head Gase or a tanking Brian Flores dolphins?

Any objective person will tell you Drake is a more well rounded RB than Edmonds. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Nguvocity said:

This has to be more of an issue with Edmonds than DJ.

reported deal was struck on saturday... so seems more like a DJ thing 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, boredster said:

reported deal was struck on saturday... so seems more like a DJ thing 

Wondering if DJ might be done, just feels really strange.

12 minutes ago, GenerallyPoorAdvice said:

The Edmonds cope in this thread is real.

Meh, I own Edmonds and nothing really changes IMO other than Edmonds becomes less valuable if DJ is actually out for a while. But I never expected DJ to be out for a long time. Once he's back, both Edmonds and Drake are basically worthless (or a random flex dart throw).

17 minutes ago, mjb said:

Wondering if DJ might be done, just feels really strange.

Or at least there’s legit concern he might be 

• Thanks 1

I’m on board the train of thought that this really hurts everyone aside from Walton.

Three brutal run defenses and a bye over the next month. So even if Dj and Edmunds miss time, you basically have a whole month where drake will be nothing more then a desperation flex imo. After that schedule gets more favorable, but to garner some real value one would think DJ would have to be out and possibly Edmunds as well still. 

Long term I'm not a fan of Drake to ARI.  Too many mouths to feed when the RBs start to get healthy.  Will be curious what Drake can do on a short week with very little to no practice. 

49 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Sanders arrived in SF days before the game and caught the first TD.  And they actually had other healthy wr options.   

let’s see what the talk is this week 

What's your definition of an option? Deebo Samuel and Dante Pettis? Let's be real here...

Also, one played a team that got 50 bombed and another is playing the best defense in the NFL. I understand being desperate at RB and it happens but Drake isn't even worthy of a flex in most situations. 

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

Drake is such a JAG he's dating Catherine Bell. 

I thought he was a Dolphin and traded to the Cardinals? 

On 8/20/2019 at 12:22 AM, street sharks said:

Gonna be a PPR stud this year

The time is now!

(Probably not)

Edited by street sharks

What is in it for the Cardinals?  Unless they plan to re-sign Drake (seems very unlikely), why are they renting a player?  The team is in last place.  Why not just sign someone off the street?  (This isn't a commentary on Drake at all as a player, this just feels like such a weird move.)