elroypedro

Kenyan Drake 2019 Outlook

Fearless Forecast for Week 9:

5 carries for -3 yards.

6 catches for 5 yards.

0 TDs

On his limited touches I see him doing nothing against SF. He should be good for maybe a couple of games after that until DJ gets healthy. Then he will split time with Chase as backup.

Edited by FitzMagic

1 minute ago, jsch08 said:

1 whatever rookie season? Sorry you jest. Take it from a Cards fan, Johnson was amazing in his rookie year. There were flashes early (game winning wheel route in week 1 vs Saints followed by opening week two with a kick return td against the Bears) but it took a CJ2k injury to allow Johnson to take off. He was unreal in the Philly game. DJ was a big reason that team made it to nfc championship game.

Surely you jest.

Pretty cool. 

Drake had cool wheel route against the Patriots one time.

He has also returned a kick for a TD

8 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Pretty cool. 

Drake had cool wheel route against the Patriots one time.

He has also returned a kick for a TD

Awesome. What does this have to do with a poster incorrectly stating DJ had a whatever rookie season? 

I like Drake and have no idea why Frank Gore was used over him, but he has not had a season like DJ’s first two years. Even with DJ looking less explosive than his best self these days, he is a better back than Drake if healthy. I do like Drake’s talent more than Edmonds.

Edited by jsch08
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Smoketheclay said:

Yup, that’s like 35-70 yards

I’ll take 70 yards if it comes with 10 catches 

• Haha 1

The Cards could honestly be saying he will get "limited touches" so they don't game plan for Drake that much. He is definitely the best back to use in this spread offense as he catch potentially catch 5+ passes a game and also rush for some hard yards. 

I can see him providing at least 10 PPR points, maybe more this week as Murray gonna go check down city with him.  

• Like 1

I mean I get it’s a tough matchup and he’s new but if DJ doesn’t play, how else do they even have?

i looked at the depth chart on roto and there is no one else?

Edited by UcanTry

1 minute ago, UcanTry said:

I mean I get it’s a tough matchup and he’s new but if DJ doesn’t play, how else do they even have?

i looked at the depth chart on roto and there is no one else?

Zenner and Morris.  Considering Zenner was active and Morris wasn't last week; I'd assume that is where they are on the depth chart heading into this week. 

26 minutes ago, Sternes said:

Zenner and Morris.  Considering Zenner was active and Morris wasn't last week; I'd assume that is where they are on the depth chart heading into this week. 

Completely forgot about them. Talk about something you never thought about when it was week 1

On 10/28/2019 at 5:18 PM, Sternes said:

I agree with what you said on DJ aside from saying the 2 year age matters.  I'm also concerned with the injuries this year.  He had a back injury two weeks ago, and then the ankle injury was so bad he lasted a play.  Then, I'm not sure if they confirmed some hammy injury as well or that was over zealous people guessing at injuries.  Whatever it is, I think his injuries are being downplayed.  I don't question his toughness.  If he was a no go after a play because he didn't feel right, I don't see how he is good without a couple weeks off.

After your breakdown of DJ which was critical but pretty on point, you went all sunshine and rainbows with Drake. 

He is 2 years younger! Big woop. By the way, Drake turns 26 in January so he isn't exactly some super young guy either. He is just a year away from being DJ's age right now. 

He has little use wear and tear!  Maybe because he sucks? 

They didn't wait until mid-season to pass the torch to a guy they sent a conditional 6th round pick for and doesn't know 5 plays out of the playbook. That is absurd.

I didn’t go sunshine and rainbows.  But from the Arizona perspective, who is to say Drake doesn’t put up similar production going forward as DJ would have?

And for much cheaper

20 hours ago, UcanTry said:

Im debating on starting him as well. Not many other options for me. If DJ is out are people gonna play Drake?

I may have no choice unless I want to roll with Damien Williams. Conner is a big question mark and it doesn't sound like Breida will play. RB is now a wasteland in my league

Four teams are on bye, David Johnson is not expected to play. Do you believe in Kenyan? What RB (Morris, Zenner or Drake) should see the most action? Does it even matter since we know who they are playing? 

1 minute ago, shakestreet said:

Four teams are on bye, David Johnson is not expected to play. Do you believe in Kenyan? What RB (Morris, Zenner or Drake) should see the most action? Does it even matter since we know who they are playing? 

I bid on him and meant to cancel the bid but forgot to. Now I have him and am potentially thinking about starting him. Should be a decent flex no?

1 minute ago, yanksman said:

I bid on him and meant to cancel the bid but forgot to. Now I have him and am potentially thinking about starting him. Should be a decent flex no?

I sure hope since ... my team needs him. Since it is Thursday Drake is my RB2 .. lol 

• Like 1

Have Drake and am considering him in my 2nd flex spot, but  the matchup is absolutely terrible. Only hope is garbage time receptions.

Maybe Drake can pull off a 10-32-0, 6-28-0 line. In PPR, that's 11 points. Not terrible.

Either pulling the trigger on Drake or holding off in the hope that Conner is out and J. Samuels can step into this slot.

If I knew he'd get the bulk of the touches I think hed be a solid play even with the matchup. But with the talk of it being RBBC because he just came to the team, I think you have to stay away.

3 minutes ago, yanksman said:

If I knew he'd get the bulk of the touches I think hed be a solid play even with the matchup. But with the talk of it being RBBC because he just came to the team, I think you have to stay away.

It’s a RBBC until the other scrubs turn 8 carries into 11 yards and drake rips off a couple big games. I’m really just hoping he gets 6-8 catches honestly. 

Watch this be an Alfred Morris game 😥 though I dont see any Arizona running back having a good game. He will be sitting on my bench, good luck.

I am not sure if I want to roll him out or just pick up Walton on Miami. At least there, I expect he'll get a large majority of work

I get the rbbc but with DJ out and Morris and Zenner are also new to team, I’d have to imagine Drake getting at least the passing down work? The game could be ugly and I’d think Arizona would be down all game. For me it’s Sanu or Drake and I’m leaning towards him cause of the reasons I’ve mentioned. 

The thing with Drake is, he's always a threat to take one to the house.  I just don't know how involved he will be during this short week.  I'm torn between playing him or Walton as a flex. lol. If Drake was on the team a bit earlier and had a full week of practice I would have no problems rolling him out. But the short week concerns me.

Pros and Cons of starting Drake:

Cons:

1. The SF Defense is only allowing 224 ypg (1st in the league).
  2. Thursday Night game (TNF can be dreadful at times).
  3. Less than one week with team, new coach, new playbook.
  4. Coach only said that he will have a "manageable workload" and "play in some capacity".

Pros:

1. The only real pass catcher out of the backfield so he should see all of the work on passing downs, third downs and if the Cardinals trail.
  2. They did trade for him...4 days ago.

If this was a Sunday game where he had a chance to have a full weeks worth of practices, I would be more excited even against the Niners. As fantasy owners we can only use the info that is out there and based on that, Drake seems like a sit. If he explodes, great, but the odds says that wont be the case.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Cons:

4. Coach only said that he will have a "manageable workload" and "play in some capacity".

Pros:

1. The only real pass catcher out of the backfield so he should see all of the work on passing downs, third downs and if the Cardinals trail.

If this was a Sunday game where he had a chance to have a full weeks worth of practices, I would be more excited even against the Niners. As fantasy owners we can only use the info that is out there and based on that, Drake seems like a sit. If he explodes, great, but the odds says that wont be the case.

Yeah, I think the cons definitely outweigh the potential pros. Will likely be sitting him as well. 

Good luck to all that have bigger balls (or perhaps are just more desperate) than me. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Cons:

Pros:

you forgot the most important PRO. 

it’s a Thursday night game so starting him makes the game somewhat enjoyable.  

• Haha 1