elroypedro

Kenyan Drake 2019 Outlook

4 minutes ago, poofinger said:

you forgot the most important PRO. 

it’s a Thursday night game so starting him makes the game somewhat enjoyable.  

If it goes badly, crack a few cold ones and call into work sick Friday? 🤷‍♂️

With DJ out he's certainly in the flex conversation. I'd say you'd be a bit out to lunch if you had him outside your top 30 RBs. He's in the McCoy, Gore, Hyde, etc. range.

Even old man AP generated over 80 yards on the ground against SF.

Edited by LongBalls

2 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

If it goes badly, crack a few cold ones and call into work sick Friday? 🤷‍♂️

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

With DJ out he's certainly in the flex conversation. I'd say you'd be a bit out to lunch if you had him outside your top 30 RBs. He's in the McCoy, Gore, Hyde, etc. range.

Even old man AP generated over 80 yards on the ground against SF.

meh

in a monsoon, with a coach (Callahan) who wants to bomb us back to the leather helmet era .... as opposed to KK, who runs fast tempo, emphasis on the pass, inferior run blocking line to Washington's, etc

not saying Drake can't score some magick foosball ppr goodness tonight, but it ain't gonna be on the ground - and the example you cited couldn't be more indicative of two vastly disparate offensive philosophies. 

4 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

meh

in a monsoon, with a coach (Callahan) who wants to bomb us back to the leather helmet era .... as opposed to KK, who runs fast tempo, emphasis on the pass, inferior run blocking line to Washington's, etc

not saying Drake can't score some magick foosball ppr goodness tonight, but it ain't gonna be on the ground - and the example you cited couldn't be more indicative of two vastly disparate offensive philosophies. 

True, but I have a hard time blanketing it and saying "don't start Drake." It fully depends who you have in the flex, or even RB2, conversation. He'll get work and he's literally the only pass-catching RB in the game for the Cards. I wouldn't fault anyone for starting him pending other options and bye weeks. He'll probably get ~15+ total touches and will see his usage increase if Arizona is playing from behind given the other RBs are Morris and Zenner. He's not a terrible play in the RB30ish range.

Edited by LongBalls

11 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

True, but I have a hard time blanketing it and saying "don't start Drake." It fully depends who you have in the flex, or even RB2, conversation. He'll get work and he's literally the only pass-catching RB in the game for the Cards. I wouldn't fault anyone for starting him pending other options and bye weeks. He'll probably get ~15+ total touches and will see his usage increase if Arizona is playing from behind given the other RBs are Morris and Zenner. He's not a terrible play in the RB30ish range.

fair enuff. 

i do think he makes for a decent play tonight ... i'm not sold on this being the bloodbath most are expecting. 

.... it's gonna be done for Drake thru the air, mostly on the perimeters.

• Like 1

Drake the fake is going to give AZ his best, unfortunately it’s going to be about the same as every other JAG. Besides some breakaway runs a few years ago I haven’t seen anything special from him. I’m not expecting him to look the part. That ship has sailed. 

1 hour ago, poofinger said:

you forgot the most important PRO. 

it’s a Thursday night game so starting him makes the game somewhat enjoyable.  

Something tells me this game will only be enjoyable for San Fran D/ST owners.

That being said, flexing Drake out of sheer necessity in the one league I own him. If he can get me even 60-70 total yards I’d consider it a win.

• Like 2

Benched but I honestly hope he goes off... just inspite of the dolphins... they handled him poorly... they should know that

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JDE said:

That being said, flexing Drake out of sheer necessity in the one league I own him. If he can get me even 60-70 total yards I’d consider it a win.

exactly.  And if I have two beers for every 10 yards I’m in good shape. 

• Haha 1

Lots of people in here going to be very disappointed when Drake is even further exposed as a mediocre player. His upside is essentially Miles Sanders.

Edited by MJJ28

1 hour ago, JDE said:

SF DST owners and probably at least 1 SF RB

16 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

Lots of people in here going to be very disappointed when Drake is even further exposed as a mediocre player. His upside is essentially Miles Sanders.

Miles Sanders has a lot of upside...

• Like 1

Just now, Ryansm11 said:

Don’t fall for it guys. 

Have to agree with this. I remember when Ronald Jones was being hyped ahead of a Thursday night game and then it was all Barber. 

• Like 2

Probably forced to start him when my only other options are DJ or picking up Mostert off the WW

2 minutes ago, Jub Jub said:

Probably forced to start him when my only other options are DJ or picking up Mostert off the WW

Mostert might have a good game... lol roll with drake. I think his floor will be safe enough, who knows, maybe he even pops a big play and scores. 

If he can get 4-5 catches for 40-50 yards I'd consider that a win. 8-10 PPR points and whatever he can scrounge out on the ground would be a bonus.

Running behind that OLine, with little familiarity for how they block, against SF could be ugly. I'm basically banking on his pass catching prowess. Gotta be much easier to teach Drake how to Sprint to the flat as an outlet for Kyler or a couple screen passes as opposed to ramming him behind a poor OLine.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

Well. He’s my only borderline reasonable option in 3 of my leagues, wish me luck boys. Might be staring at a nice ole “5” for the next 2 days 

5 would be his ceiling tonight lol.

12 minutes ago, BarbaricEric said:

If DJ goes tonight do we think he impacts Drakes value?

Do we start DJ over Drake? 

what rock do you live under?