elroypedro

Kenyan Drake 2019 Outlook

3 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

Now I can't help but think what could have happened if this guy went to the Lions or Chiefs. 

Oh well, if he keeps running like that they'll have to play him regardless. 

Maybe next year

• Like 1

whoever the rb1 for Az is has to be started regardless of matchup.  Young backup?  Doesn’t matter.   Underperforming cast off with 2 days to learn the offense against a top D?   Doesn’t matter.    They’re too multiple and too creative to be denied for 60 minutes. Kyler is a miniature rocket ship and commands a extra spy just on his own.   Combined with Air Raid...you pick your poison when this Az offense is firing.  

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

Now I can't help but think what could have happened if this guy went to the Lions or Chiefs. 

Oh well, if he keeps running like that they'll have to play him regardless. 

I had hoped the Texans would have gone after Drake. They essentially need Carlos Hyde and Duke Johnson to do what Drake could have done by himself.

KC would be silly not to go after Drake after this season is over, they passed on Mark Ingram in free agency last year so I imagine they will pass on Drake too. 

4 minutes ago, hard1 said:

Miami proving they wasted this guy

Shame on those who wrote Drake off after watching what Adam Head Gase did to him in Miami.

Last night was a perfect example of what Drake can add to your offense. He has 19 touches last night and over 150 total yards. DJ can come back and Drake should still see 10-12 total touches per game. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, hard1 said:

Miami proving they wasted this guy

And now he's laying waste to our fantasy teams and seasons

8 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I had hoped the Texans would have gone after Drake. They essentially need Carlos Hyde and Duke Johnson to do what Drake could have done by himself.

KC would be silly not to go after Drake after this season is over, they passed on Mark Ingram in free agency last year so I imagine they will pass on Drake too. 

It wouldn’t be crazy DHC.   However, The 2020 rb draft class is pretty epic.   You could looking at a Cam Akers, Dobbins, K Ingram in the fourth round.  That’s 4 years of a stud back with a sky high ceiling for bottom dollar.   

8 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

It wouldn’t be crazy DHC.   However, The 2020 rb draft class is pretty epic.   You could looking at a Cam Akers, Dobbins, K Ingram in the fourth round.  That’s 4 years of a stud back with a sky high ceiling for bottom dollar.   

Najee Harris too

KC took Darwin Thompson this past year.

I've always thought Drake reminded me a little bit of Shady McCoy, similar styles of play so I'd like to see KD in KC. They need to cut Damien Williams

3 years and about 7 million should be enough to land Drake but Andy would probably rather re-sign shady.

Drake's explosiveness in Tennessee would have worked nicely with Henry. 

Arizona seems clogged at RB for Drake to re-sign there so I think he is auditioning for his next team right now.

Texans or Chiefs would be orgasmic landing spots.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

It may be closer to 60-40. DJ if Fully healthy. Drake did look really good. As a DJ owner and with DJ made of Glass im selling HARD. 

This is my feeling too. The Cardinals, as basically a rebuilding team, didn't pay draft capital for a pending FA RB just to use him for essentially one game. If it was a case of just getting through one week and then letting DJ handle 80+% of the workload, they could have easily handed it off to Zenner and Morris for that one game, one which they weren't expected to even compete in. 

I'm making some assumptions here, but I think their logic was two fold - by bringing Drake in they get to have an extended audition to see if they like what they see to possibly re-sign, and to have someone effective to take some of the load off DJ for the rest of the season. 

They've made a big investment in DJ, and they have to know they are unlikely to make any noise this year. By limiting DJs workload they can keep him hopefully healthier for the future. And if Drake continues to look good, they can choose to re-sign him as a potent 1-2 punch for next year. 

• Like 3

On 10/28/2019 at 5:09 PM, jmcampbe11 said:

So I'm supposed to believe that a reporter I've never heard off who lives in the Minneapolis area has the inside scoop on the "Arizona" Cardinals? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

what's up, mah man?

we still feelin' the total dismissal/derision regarding the Minneapolis reporter today?

how are things? you good?

Drake had a nice night. 

did you?

🙋‍♂️

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

what's up, mah man?

we still feelin' the total dismissal/derision regarding the Minneapolis reporter today?

how are things? you good?

Drake had a nice night. 

did you?

🙋‍♂️

🙋‍♂️

• Haha 1

DJ supposedly back this week, i'm assuming most owners won't be foolish to buy high off his last performance so us owners most likely stuck and hoping for a good 60/40 with edmonds in the back somehow 3-4 weeks from now. However he's proven now that he's a top tier handcuff to someone in DJ who has been super banged up this year. 

It's hard to imagine Drake not carving out some weekly value.

DJ ain't going away sans injury so it's whether or not Drake can carve out a role to serve as a high end flex play. Closer to RB2 in PPR leagues. 

He has league winning potential if DJ misses time weeks 10-16 as shown last night. Drake had 19 touches after being with the team for 3 days. If DJ misses more time and Drake gets familiar with the team you would be looking at 20 touches per week, RB1 status.

Def rb1 last night... I wish they could trade him again this year

It won't happen but realistically it should be something like a 70/30 split with DJ. He's better now, plain and simple. My guess is it's closer to the opposite. 

4 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

It won't happen but realistically it should be something like a 70/30 split with DJ. He's better now, plain and simple. My guess is it's closer to the opposite. 

60/40 DJ seems about right.   But I’d love to see Drake steal this job.   Likely takes an injury to see any real movement.

It's also a good point another poster made that it doesn't just have to be DJ or Drake - it can be both. Even when it was DJ and Chase, their combined snaps added up to more than 100%. 

Kingsbury also runs a lot of 4-WR sets, and they've been struggling to find an effective 4th WR. They've rotated on almost a weekly basis between Crabtree, Johnson, Sherfield, etc with nobody really emerging. Not to mention Byrd playing nearly all snaps with limited effectiveness. 

So it would not be crazy at all to think DJ and Drake could coexist in this backfield. If KK wanted to maximize his personnel, he could easily line one of them up out wide instead of a stiff like Sherfield, and you could probably see both DJ and Drake playing 70% of snaps each. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, handyandy86 said:

It's also a good point another poster made that it doesn't just have to be DJ or Drake - it can be both. Even when it was DJ and Chase, their combined snaps added up to more than 100%. 

Kingsbury also runs a lot of 4-WR sets, and they've been struggling to find an effective 4th WR. They've rotated on almost a weekly basis between Crabtree, Johnson, Sherfield, etc with nobody really emerging. Not to mention Byrd playing nearly all snaps with limited effectiveness. 

So it would not be crazy at all to think DJ and Drake could coexist in this backfield. If KK wanted to maximize his personnel, he could easily line one of them up out wide instead of a stiff like Sherfield, and you could probably see both DJ and Drake playing 70% of snaps each. 

whoa

mind blown.   If anyone could cook up dual rb sets with both motioning around the formation...it’s KK.    🤞 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Shame on those who wrote Drake off after watching what Adam Head Gase did to him in Miami.

Last night was a perfect example of what Drake can add to your offense. He has 19 touches last night and over 150 total yards. DJ can come back and Drake should still see 10-12 total touches per game. 

Ya I'm disappointed that people who probably just looked at box score questioned his talent. He was so talented, but literally never got the opportunity with anyone to show what he can do. Probably still won't be able to show his ceiling in AZ with 20+ touches. 

The dudes good... ballage gore walton all better says miami... 🤣

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

Ya I'm disappointed that people who probably just looked at box score questioned his talent. He was so talented, but literally never got the opportunity with anyone to show what he can do. Probably still won't be able to show his ceiling in AZ with 20+ touches. 

Have never understood the coach hate on Drake. Every time I've watched him he passes the eye test both rushing and receiving. Don't get it. 

There must be something else behind this. Maybe he's not a good locker room guy or his work ethic is questionable. The talent is clearly there. He just needs to find the right fit.

23 hours ago, handyandy86 said:

So it would not be crazy at all to think DJ and Drake could coexist in this backfield. If KK wanted to maximize his personnel, he could easily line one of them up out wide instead of a stiff like Sherfield, and you could probably see both DJ and Drake playing 70% of snaps each

If that were to happen I would be over the moon. 

On 4/17/2019 at 11:07 PM, MJJ28 said:

All around back? Drake? Wtf are we talking about the same player? Drake does one thing well at the NFL level: run fast when nobody is around him. Other than that he is below average at basically every part of the NFL running game. He lacks vision and patience, lacks power and drive, runs east-west in an upright position and takes tons of negative gains, has stone hands, the list goes on. I’m really not sure where this notion of him being a talent came from? He is a raw athlete with the same level of skill he had coming into the league.

😚

• Haha 5

On 10/28/2019 at 5:18 PM, Sternes said:

I agree with what you said on DJ aside from saying the 2 year age matters.  I'm also concerned with the injuries this year.  He had a back injury two weeks ago, and then the ankle injury was so bad he lasted a play.  Then, I'm not sure if they confirmed some hammy injury as well or that was over zealous people guessing at injuries.  Whatever it is, I think his injuries are being downplayed.  I don't question his toughness.  If he was a no go after a play because he didn't feel right, I don't see how he is good without a couple weeks off.

After your breakdown of DJ which was critical but pretty on point, you went all sunshine and rainbows with Drake. 

He is 2 years younger! Big woop. By the way, Drake turns 26 in January so he isn't exactly some super young guy either. He is just a year away from being DJ's age right now. 

He has little use wear and tear!  Maybe because he sucks? 

They didn't wait until mid-season to pass the torch to a guy they sent a conditional 6th round pick for and doesn't know 5 plays out of the playbook. That is absurd.

How’d the post age?

Drake owned SF

• Haha 1