elroypedro

Kenyan Drake 2019 Outlook

I'm playing him in my PPR league, but admittedly I am not comfortable doing so. I didn't think last week would be as bad as it was. 

Coach and QB are both terrible. Everytime they get the ball inside the 5 they refuse to give it to any of their RBs. They deserve to lose and I hope the entire coaching staff gets canned.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sSektor said:

Drake is a career jag and Kingsbury is a complete moron.

I dont think drake is the problem here

2 minutes ago, hard1 said:

I dont think drake is the problem here

He drafted DJ 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

He drafted DJ 

This is true. It's also true that the Cards haven't done jack s--- since they moved away from DJ. Drake trade was a desperate attempt by Kingsbury at fixing something that wasn't even a problem prior to injury. Now he's sticking to his guns on the trade and losing games because of it.

4 minutes ago, sSektor said:

This is true. It's also true that the Cards haven't done jack s--- since they moved away from DJ. Drake trade was a desperate attempt by Kingsbury at fixing something that wasn't even a problem prior to injury. Now he's sticking to his guns on the trade and losing games because of it.

Lol they are not losing games because they are playing Kenyan Drake over DJ, just give it up man. They are losing because Kyler Murray is terrible and loves loves getting sacked, the oline is below average, and the defense is awful and can almost never seen to get a stop on third down or any key situation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stay_woke said:

Lol they are not losing games because they are playing Kenyan Drake over DJ, just give it up man. They are losing because Kyler Murray is terrible and loves loves getting sacked, the oline is below average, and the defense is awful and can almost never seen to get a stop on third down or any key situation.

Good teams dont trade for rbs which is the most replaceable position. Just look at the steelers they have been a mess with injuries on offense but instead they bolster their defense trading for minkah fitzpatrick and piece together wins.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sjs1890 said:

Good teams dont trade for rbs which is the most replaceable position. Just look at the steelers they have been a mess with injuries on offense but instead they bolster their defense trading for minkah fitzpatrick and piece together wins.

Lol where did I say the Cardinals are a good team? I said the reason they are bad isn't because of Drake

35 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

Lol where did I say the Cardinals are a good team? I said the reason they are bad isn't because of Drake

Yeah but trading for Drake doesn't help them either like I said RB is the most replaceable position in the nfl. Drake is just a mediocre rb.

5 hours ago, sjs1890 said:

Yeah but trading for Drake doesn't help them either like I said RB is the most replaceable position in the nfl. Drake is just a mediocre rb.

Link?

He has played well when given an opportunity and he fits the mold of what Kingsbury offense would like to do. Obviously they need OLine help but no RB is having consistent success behind that OLine so your implication that Drake is mediocre is disingenuous at best.

2 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Link?

He has played well when given an opportunity and he fits the mold of what Kingsbury offense would like to do. Obviously they need OLine help but no RB is having consistent success behind that OLine so your implication that Drake is mediocre is disingenuous at best.

It's not totally Drake's fault like you said, but since his blow-up game his first week as a Cardinal, Drake has had 50 carries for 170 yards rushing (3.4 YPC), and 17 receptions for 69 yards (4.06 YPR).

That pace over the last four games (if you ignore his previous performances, which again, isn't fair I admit), would put him at 4th worst (44th of 47) YPC in the league, and 2nd worst (196th of 197) in YPR in the league.

There's no way to prove that Johnson or Edmonds would do better than that, but it's also hard to believe that Kingsbury believes those stats constitute "the hot hand".

20 minutes ago, vercrazy said:

It's not totally Drake's fault like you said, but since his blow-up game his first week as a Cardinal, Drake has had 50 carries for 170 yards rushing (3.4 YPC), and 17 receptions for 69 yards (4.06 YPR).

That pace over the last four games (if you ignore his previous performances, which again, isn't fair I admit), would put him at 4th worst (44th of 47) YPC in the league, and 2nd worst (196th of 197) in YPR in the league.

There's no way to prove that Johnson or Edmonds would do better than that, but it's also hard to believe that Kingsbury believes those stats constitute "the hot hand".

The schedule has been incredibly difficult. You can't discuss Drake's performance without acknowledging that. As a Drake owner, I've set expectations around 10-12 PPR points.

I'd expect something different this week, at home, with a floundering CLE D heading west. Could see Drake and the offense come alive. He'll be in my starting lineup.

And as for the original post on DJ...clearly an owner of DJ who is not pleased with his first round investment.

9 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

It looks like the 6th round pick for Drake is going to be a steal.

Yep, could not agree more. Arizona was never going to get anyone as good as Drake in the 6th round.

• Haha 1

I keep seeing him ranked like top 24 and the matchup is technically solid. Workload is the issue and it'll be hard to play him over guys that have a clear view on closer to 20 touches. 

I'm starting him and feel relatively confident. AZ has had some tough as nails matchups the last few weeks and has still managed to squeak out close to 10 PPR points. 

AZ should be able to move the ball on CLE. If Drake continues to dominate touches I like his chances this week. Decent ceiling too.

• Like 1

Quite a game out of The Drake today. He didn't do much in the receiving game, but 137 rushing yards and 4 TD's...woo-hooo!!!!

I think we know who the starter is...LOL. 

28 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Quite a game out of The Drake today. He didn't do much in the receiving game, but 137 rushing yards and 4 TD's...woo-hooo!!!!

I think we know who the starter is...LOL. 

We've known for weeks ...

• Like 1

On 12/14/2019 at 11:49 AM, kyoun1e said:

I'm starting him and feel relatively confident. AZ has had some tough as nails matchups the last few weeks and has still managed to squeak out close to 10 PPR points. 

AZ should be able to move the ball on CLE. If Drake continues to dominate touches I like his chances this week. Decent ceiling too.

Yup