elroypedro

Kenyan Drake 2019 Outlook

On 10/28/2019 at 3:17 PM, Smoketheclay said:

Gonna throw it out there -

David Johnson has been in the league now for 5 seasons.  He's 27 

• 1 season that was really above average, and it was an amazing season.  (2016)
  • 1 season that was average (2018)
  • 1 whatever rookie season (2015)
  • 1 lost season (2017)
  • This season he's on pace for 1200 total yards, not great

He's signed for 2 more seasons after this.   He might not have much tread left on those tires.  966 total rushes/receptions in his career

Drake is 25.  He's been barely used.  497 total rushes/receptions in his career.

Arizona has a new QB, so maybe this is an attempt to pass the torch from DJ to Drake.  They could probably get some picks or something decent for DJ in the trade market after this season if Drake is a good fit - and can resign him for a longer term deal.  If this is an audition, then Drake could see some good volume even with DJ back.

Bumping this prognostication from October 

On 12/8/2019 at 4:17 PM, sSektor said:

Drake is a career jag and Kingsbury is a complete moron.

You were saying?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, hard1 said:

He had jag games leading up to... no one saw yesterday coming

Those of us that started him saw it coming.

Drake was traded 5 weeks ago and he faced SF twice, LAR, and Pitt, all pretty stout run defenses.

This week he faced Cleveland who is middle of the pack stopping the run and he went off. 4 TDs was special but he was primed for a good game.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hard1 said:

He had jag games leading up to... no one saw yesterday coming

I did. Not to the tune of 4 scores but like DHC said he was primed for his best game yet.

7 hours ago, cs3 said:

You were saying?

I mean if you think 4 TDs against a Browns team that already gave up on the season is an indication of his talent then more power to you. Good RBs can produce against good teams too. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, sSektor said:

I mean if you think 4 TDs against a Browns team that already gave up on the season is an indication of his talent then more power to you. Good RBs can produce against good teams too. 

The Browns didn't give up. They were out coached as they have been for the entire season

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 carries for 35 yards

16 for 67

13 for 31

11 for 37

Those were his last 4 game totals for rushing... anyone saying yeah hes about to beast... please let me in on your secrets 

5 minutes ago, hard1 said:

10 carries for 35 yards

16 for 67

13 for 31

11 for 37

Those were his last 4 game totals for rushing... anyone saying yeah hes about to beast... please let me in on your secrets 

Anyone claiming that is lying. It's that simple. Some likely started him in flex due to potential upside and lack of better options but absolutely no one can honestly say they saw him ready to beast.

2 minutes ago, hard1 said:

10 carries for 35 yards

16 for 67

13 for 31

11 for 37

He had 2 TDa in there and PPR points.he played very hard rushing defenses, SF twice, Pitt, Los Angeles

He was still getting starting reps and Cleveland was not a good rushing defense.

There ya go.

16 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

Anyone claiming that is lying. It's that simple. Some likely started him in flex due to potential upside and lack of better options but absolutely no one can honestly say they saw him ready to beast.

This. Nobody looks at 4 consecutive mediocre performances from an RB on a terrible team and thinks "yep he's going to have a monster game in week 15." 

7 minutes ago, sSektor said:

This. Nobody looks at 4 consecutive mediocre performances from an RB on a terrible team and thinks "yep he's going to have a monster game in week 15." 

we get it - you benched him 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

How we thinking about @SEA?

Tough place to play, but SEA seems middling against the run. Hoping AZ can keep the momentum going. I certainly don't expect another explosion, but if I can get 15+ PPR points that would be fantastic.

48 minutes ago, hard1 said:

10 carries for 35 yards

16 for 67

13 for 31

11 for 37

It’s not about the numbers but more about the volume and him securing the #1RB spot in AZ. Anyone that has owned Drake in the past knows he can take any carry to the house with be productive without needing 25-30 touches like Zeke. He’s a perfect fit for that offense in Arizona. 

4 hours ago, Asapjoshy said:

Thoughts on drake this week???

Think you have to re-calibrate expectations. You're not getting 4 TDs this week.

That said, SEA D is a tad overrated and they've suffered some injuries. I do expect SEA to win but I think AZ can hang with them for a bit in maybe a fairly high scoring game.

No way the game script allows for 20+ carries. Could see 12-14 carries, but more involvement in the passing game this week (as they didn't need it last week).

Hoping for 14-56-1, 4-37-0. 18 PPR points. Would take that in a heartbeat in the flex.

Seems so scary to chase a 40 point game when this dude has had a 10 point ceiling 10/12 games, but he is intriguing. SEA defense has given up the most rushing TDs in the league.. 

1 hour ago, Motown_Magic said:

Seems so scary to chase a 40 point game when this dude has had a 10 point ceiling 10/12 games, but he is intriguing. SEA defense has given up the most rushing TDs in the league.. 

Stop being so pessimistic. The guy just threw up a 40 🍔.. His floor is 15 this week

8 minutes ago, FantasyGuru24 said:

Stop being so pessimistic. The guy just threw up a 40 🍔.. His floor is 15 this week

Not being pessimistic, just referencing recent history.. 80% of his games he couldnt even touch 10pts.. AZ is playing for a draft pick, SEA is playing for the division. Drake has never been a floor guy. He is a multiple duds mixed with a few peaks guy. Scary situation for championships. 

AZ’s head coach is playing for his head. They don’t need draft picks. They’ve found their QB and now their RB and his name is: Kenyan Drake 

• Like 1