elroypedro

Kenyan Drake 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Drake (foot) "appeared explosive and sharp in his cuts as he ran through drills" during his return to practice Monday, Joe Schad of The Palm Beach Post reports.

Analysis: The running back had missed two weeks worth of action with a foot injury that led to him donning a walking boot, but his return to practice Monday gets him right back into the team's starting Week 1 running back equation. At this stage, we'd expect Drake to head a timeshare with Kalen Ballage, an arrangement in which Drake likely would see more touches than his counterpart, but one in which Ballage would presumably be the team's goal-line back.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Tough call to figure out who gets the best of this committee. Maybe the first question should be is either worth rostering versus guys being drafted in their ranges? Ballage appears like the guy with the most potential to offer value.

Edited by Spyplane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drake has the ability to produce solid RB2 #'s in PPR... I've been buying.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ponza88 said:

Drake has the ability to produce solid RB2 #'s in PPR... I've been buying.

No reason not to buy. I don’t think people realize how productive drake actually is. I read a stat that Drake had the 6th highest fantasy points PER TOUCH out of all RB’s. He was very underused. You can talk trash on drake but the man still scored 9 total TD’s last year while not even being used properly. There is a chance that the coaching change in Miami could boost drakes usage (again, 6th highest fantasy points PER TOUCH out of all RB last year) Drake had a respectable 4.5 yards per carry last year. Not to mention he’s a good receiving back. Gore is gone. Tons of opportunity for drake to be a stud. With the increase of carries, coaching change, and his pass catching ability, Drake should be a “guy”. I’m buying 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Athebaby7 said:

No reason not to buy. I don’t think people realize how productive drake actually is. I read a stat that Drake had the 6th highest fantasy points PER TOUCH out of all RB’s. He was very underused. You can talk trash on drake but the man still scored 9 total TD’s last year while not even being used properly. There is a chance that the coaching change in Miami could boost drakes usage (again, 6th highest fantasy points PER TOUCH out of all RB last year) Drake had a respectable 4.5 yards per carry last year. Not to mention he’s a good receiving back. Gore is gone. Tons of opportunity for drake to be a stud. With the increase of carries, coaching change, and his pass catching ability, Drake should be a “guy”. I’m buying 

 

Drake had such a high fantasy point per touch because of his role. High FPPT comes from getting a high ratio of catches:carries.

Drake truthers seem to be very confused with cause and effect. He performed so well for fantasy with so few touches because of his role, not despite it. He was not an underutilized mega talent, he was an average talent properly utilized.

He is never going to see an increased workload because his skillset doesn’t support it. He’ll continue doing what he does, while coaches plug in other guys to do what he doesn’t.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

would this help or hurt his value?

 

The Miami Herald's Barry Jackson mentions Kenyan Drake and Kenny Stills as possible trade bait in a potential deal for unsigned Texans franchise player Jadeveon Clowney.

Jackson has both Drake and Stills making the Dolphins' 53-man roster as it stands now, but that could change if Miami and Houston can come to terms on a Clowney deal. Miami has made it known its higher-priced veterans are available in the right deals, and both Drake and Stills fit that category. They also happen to play positions of need for the Texans with Houston losing Lamar Miller to a torn ACL and Keke Coutee (ankle) unlikely to be ready Week 1. Drake would form an interesting tandem with Duke Johnson. And Stills would give Deshaun Watson another reliable threat outside in what looks like a top-heavy receiver group.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

would this help or hurt his value?

 

The Miami Herald's Barry Jackson mentions Kenyan Drake and Kenny Stills as possible trade bait in a potential deal for unsigned Texans franchise player Jadeveon Clowney.

Jackson has both Drake and Stills making the Dolphins' 53-man roster as it stands now, but that could change if Miami and Houston can come to terms on a Clowney deal. Miami has made it known its higher-priced veterans are available in the right deals, and both Drake and Stills fit that category. They also happen to play positions of need for the Texans with Houston losing Lamar Miller to a torn ACL and Keke Coutee (ankle) unlikely to be ready Week 1. Drake would form an interesting tandem with Duke Johnson. And Stills would give Deshaun Watson another reliable threat outside in what looks like a top-heavy receiver group.

 

Oh wow. Well, I'm gonna say it probably helps his value, at least a little because Houston is by far the better team. That said, he'd basically be going from one unknown committee to another. And, let's face it...O'Brian never used Miller correctly. So, why would that change now with Drake and/or D. Johnson? And, it would obviously hurt Duke's value considerably. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

would this help or hurt his value?

 

The Miami Herald's Barry Jackson mentions Kenyan Drake and Kenny Stills as possible trade bait in a potential deal for unsigned Texans franchise player Jadeveon Clowney.

Jackson has both Drake and Stills making the Dolphins' 53-man roster as it stands now, but that could change if Miami and Houston can come to terms on a Clowney deal. Miami has made it known its higher-priced veterans are available in the right deals, and both Drake and Stills fit that category. They also happen to play positions of need for the Texans with Houston losing Lamar Miller to a torn ACL and Keke Coutee (ankle) unlikely to be ready Week 1. Drake would form an interesting tandem with Duke Johnson. And Stills would give Deshaun Watson another reliable threat outside in what looks like a top-heavy receiver group.

 

This sounds like Dolphins wanting to offload him and doesn't necessarily indicate Texans have any interest in acquiring him. I mean at a high level he is a RB and they lost Miller who was a RB so it could make sense at that really high level but Duke Johnson and Drake profile as roughly similar RBs. You would figure they'd want more of an early down power back to get those tough short yards (and they sure are tough with that o-line) to complement Duke but for the right price maybe Houston thinks Duke and Drake together can be dynamic enough elsewhere to make up for that. I guess Miller wasn't even really in that true power back vein either so I guess isn't that big of a stretch. Personally I think Duke and Drake roughly equal talent wise so I'd imagine if they did end up together it would be a roughly even split. Idk who is the better pass blocker or who would be the better GL back but with Duke shorter and stouter I'd assume he would get the first crack at GL (they are about same weight but Duke is several inches shorter). 

On the surface given Texans offense is a major upgrade over Dolphins you would have to expect it to largely increase Drake's value if he ended up there and the mere speculation of him going there should prop his value up some. The reality would depend on his role there however it isn't like his role is clear/secure in Miami in the first place. In fact that they are open to moving him slightly indicates they don't view him as a major part of their plans (he's in a contract year and Dolphins will likely be horrible with or without him so I can see why they might want to try to cash-in if they can). 

Edited by Jaw1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

would this help or hurt his value?

 

The Miami Herald's Barry Jackson mentions Kenyan Drake and Kenny Stills as possible trade bait in a potential deal for unsigned Texans franchise player Jadeveon Clowney.

Jackson has both Drake and Stills making the Dolphins' 53-man roster as it stands now, but that could change if Miami and Houston can come to terms on a Clowney deal. Miami has made it known its higher-priced veterans are available in the right deals, and both Drake and Stills fit that category. They also happen to play positions of need for the Texans with Houston losing Lamar Miller to a torn ACL and Keke Coutee (ankle) unlikely to be ready Week 1. Drake would form an interesting tandem with Duke Johnson. And Stills would give Deshaun Watson another reliable threat outside in what looks like a top-heavy receiver group.

 

Would hurt for sure. Duke is far better than him at receiving, and Drake isn’t an early down back, so he wouldn’t have a defined role.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

 

Would hurt for sure. Duke is far better than him at receiving, and Drake isn’t an early down back, so he wouldn’t have a defined role.

 

Lol, Duke is not "far better" at receiving than Drake.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Lol, Duke is not "far better" at receiving than Drake.

 

Drake had the 5th most drops of all RBs and an abysmal catch rate. He has stone hands, but his most useful NFL trade is what he can do in the open field, so the only real way to utilize him is as a pass catcher despite the fact he can’t really catch.

Duke is a well rounded player that actually possesses solid football skills.

Edited by MJJ28
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

would this help or hurt his value?

 

The Miami Herald's Barry Jackson mentions Kenyan Drake and Kenny Stills as possible trade bait in a potential deal for unsigned Texans franchise player Jadeveon Clowney.

Jackson has both Drake and Stills making the Dolphins' 53-man roster as it stands now, but that could change if Miami and Houston can come to terms on a Clowney deal. Miami has made it known its higher-priced veterans are available in the right deals, and both Drake and Stills fit that category. They also happen to play positions of need for the Texans with Houston losing Lamar Miller to a torn ACL and Keke Coutee (ankle) unlikely to be ready Week 1. Drake would form an interesting tandem with Duke Johnson. And Stills would give Deshaun Watson another reliable threat outside in what looks like a top-heavy receiver group.

 

It would keep Drake's value on neutral and hurt Duke's value. Any improvement in value that Drake would get from being on a better team is negated by Duke Johnson. He's essentially in the same situation that he would be with Ballage except he would be on a better team, however IMO, Duke is superior to Ballage. Duke's value going down is self-explanatory.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ballage is not a player Drake owners should be worried about. 6th round pick and not nearly as talented as Drake. Sure he will have a role, but Drakes usage should raise this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Athebaby7 said:

Ballage is not a player Drake owners should be worried about. 6th round pick and not nearly as talented as Drake. Sure he will have a role, but Drakes usage should raise this year.

 

he’s currently listed as the co-starter on the depth chart... I think I’d be a bit worried.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Random thought:Kenyan Drake reminds me of Darius Miles for some reason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, blazehound said:

 

he’s currently listed as the co-starter on the depth chart... I think I’d be a bit worried.

Never mind the "co-starter" part, to me the part that's worrying is that depth chart has "Dolphins" written on the top of it. 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

 

Drake had the 5th most drops of all RBs and an abysmal catch rate. He has stone hands, but his most useful NFL trade is what he can do in the open field, so the only real way to utilize him is as a pass catcher despite the fact he can’t really catch.

Duke is a well rounded player that actually possesses solid football skills.

 

72.6 catch percentage for Drake last year.

75.8 for Duke.

 

When you said Duke was far better receiving than Drake I thought you meant more than that 

 

Drake also got thrown to on deep passes down the field as a WR, I think Duke did his damage closer to the line of scrimmage on screens and dumpoffs, which are easier to catch. Anywho, I don't see where Duke is "far better" than Drake at receiving as you claim.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

72.6 catch percentage for Drake last year.

75.8 for Duke.

 

When you said Duke was far better receiving than Drake I thought you meant more than that 

 

Drake also got thrown to on deep ***** down the field as a WR, I think Duke did his damage closer to the line of scrimmage on screens and dumpoffs. Anywho, I don't see where Duke is "far better" than Drake as you claim.

 

I've had that MJ dude blocked since 2016. He was making the claim that Moncrief was about to overtake Hilton as the WR1 for the Colts. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

72.6 catch percentage for Drake last year.

75.8 for Duke.

 

When you said Duke was far better receiving than Drake I thought you meant more than that 

 

Drake also got thrown to on deep passes down the field as a WR, I think Duke did his damage closer to the line of scrimmage on screens and dumpoffs, which are easier to catch. Anywho, I don't see where Duke is "far better" than Drake at receiving as you claim.

Just ignore that guy. 

 

Hes is the president of the Drake haterz klubb

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

 

I've had that MJ dude blocked since 2016. He was making the claim that Moncrief was about to overtake Hilton as the WR1 for the Colts. 

 

No I wasn’t lmao. That was Martinjlm or whatever his name is.

 

His entire schtick was to pick a #2 WR with an established #1 and argue til the death they were going to takeover. He did it with Hurns and Arob, too. People couldn’t resist his bait, either. He did it many times.

Edited by MJJ28
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

as a duke owner i hope not. but i believe drake is way better than lamar miller therefore this move can only revitalize  his value versus being in miami.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MJJ28 said:

 

No I wasn’t lmao. That was Martinjlm or whatever his name is.

 

His entire schtick was to pick a #2 WR with an established #1 and argue til the death they were going to takeover. He did it with Hurns and Arob, too. People couldn’t resist his bait, either. He did it many times.

That was amazing. I was in that thread as well on the Hilton side. There was no evidence there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HOU & MIA have equally bad o-lines, so adding in time to learn the playbook, not sure Drake’s value goes up much for a few weeks if he gets traded. He’s obviously an upgrade physically over Miller. Wondering if practice habits are the reason another coaching staff has soured on him already, too. If this trade happens it could still end up a 50/50 split in HOU, while Ballage gets the backfield all to himself in MIA.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

HOU & MIA have equally bad o-lines, so adding in time to learn the playbook, not sure Drake’s value goes up much for a few weeks if he gets traded. He’s obviously an upgrade physically over Miller. Wondering if practice habits are the reason another coaching staff has soured on him already, too. If this trade happens it could still end up a 50/50 split in HOU, while Ballage gets the backfield all to himself in MIA.  

I agree. Drake’s value would decrease for at least the first few weeks, but then could increase for the rest of the season. If you already handcuffed him with Ballage, it would be a net win because Ballage’s value significantly increases. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.